National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Rearranged games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rearranged games
    Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 20:32
Games postponed as a result of Covid, with confirmed new dates:
  • Nottingham v Jersey - Fri 4th Feb
  • 'Mond v Pirates - Sat 5th Feb
  • 'Mond v Cov - Sat 26th Mar 
Still TBC I think at this point:
  • 'Pury v Ealing [Edit - Sat 5th Feb]
  • Nott'm v 'Mond [Edit - Sat 5th Mar]
  • Pirates v 'Pury 
  • Ealing v Pirates [Edit - Sat 26th Mar]
  • Donny v Blues [Edit - Sat 5th Feb]
  • LS v Ealing
The three designated reserve weekends are 5th Feb, 5th Mar and 26th Mar

Edited by islander - 04 Feb 2022 at 07:13
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 03:26
Richmond third game is a interesting one. As the only date they are not playing, the opposition are.
The older I get, the more the RFU leave me confused.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 09:44
Originally posted by kempstonblue kempstonblue wrote:

Richmond third game is a interesting one. As the only date they are not playing, the opposition are.

Nottingham? Isn't the early March slot a free one for both?
Cov kid 42 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cov kid 42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 10:55
End of season in March for the Championship ?
If true & no Cup competition or whatever it was supposed to be !
The RFU should holds their heads in shame.
John Butler
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 11:00
Originally posted by Cov kid 42 Cov kid 42 wrote:

Again!
Tackle Low!!!!!
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 13:21
Ealing just announced that their match at Hartpury is rescheduled for 1430 on 5th February.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 15:43

Hold heads in shame…if only they cared enough.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 16:18

It would be quite surprising if the shutters were pulled down on 21/22 season before the end of March, leading to a five-and-a-half-month off-season...
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 16:31
How can any club survive long term on 10 match days a season?

End of the month Bedford are at home. As it stands the local Southern League football club could be in a top of the table clash at home.

The way the Championship is being run, I can see local newspapers giving the football more coverage.

The best thing in Bedford with no clue what happens in April is our neighbours Bedford Ath have two home fixtures after the Blues league campaign ends.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 17:46
Knights v Blues

Feb 5th 2:30pm
Bombay Duck View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombay Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 15:43
Ealing vs Pirates. Sat 26 March 1500
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 17:59
Originally posted by Bombay Duck Bombay Duck wrote:

Ealing vs Pirates. Sat 26 March 1500

Could see this being the promotion decider. Would be absolute scenes.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 18:17
Title decider maybe - promotion decider not - Pirates haven't applied to have their ground and facilities assessed so can't go up. Ealing might not meet the criteria
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 19:15
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Title decider maybe - promotion decider not - Pirates haven't applied to have their ground and facilities assessed so can't go up. Ealing might not meet the criteria

It could still be the promotion decider if it determines if Ealing are above Doncaster.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 19:21
True - if both Ealing and Donny pass the grounds test. Hypothetically could the 3rd placed be promoted assuming they were the only one that met the criteria? 
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 21:21
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Yes, it could be the title decider. By my maths, based on games between now and then:
  • If Pirates (38 pts) win all their (9) games with BPs, they'd be on 83 pts + 17 wins ahead of the decider
  • If Ealing (46) do the same (8 games), they'd be on 86pts + 17 wins going into the decider
  • That would mean Pirates would take the title with any win in the decider, except 2-4
In the above scenario (which is offered Wink tongue-in-cheek as an unlikely outcome), the title would be out of reach of Donny, who would have been defeated by both their top-three rivals (and in any case only have 7 games left...)

Now I just need to do the maths for a scenario in which Jersey win their last 8 games with BPs Confused
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 09:52
Pirates have to go away to Ealing and in form Donny (very impressive result in Jersey) so that's a very tough ask. There's also trips to Bedford and Richmond. Goldington Road is always a challenge. The RAG is a proper bogey ground for us - to be honest we were lucky to beat LS on our last trip.
Obviously nothing is impossible, but that would be a heck of an achievement if we managed to win all those games.

Edited by Stalwart - 18 Jan 2022 at 09:54
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 21:54
Last 2 postponed games now listed on https://www.championshiprugby.co.uk/fixtures-and-results?competition=173&season=2021-2022#fixtures

& added at top of this thread. Pleased to see all 10 games played on schedule over last 2 weekends, fingers crossed things stay on track now moving forward…
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 11:11
Predictions this weekend:
Friday 19.45 Notts 1-4 Jersey Usually close matches but hoping for an away win by 3-6 points

Saturday 2pm Mond 2-2 Pirates More likely 4-1 either way but I will punt for a draw
Saturday 2.30pm Donny 5-0 Blues On current form Donny go nap
Saturday 2.30pm Pury 1-4 Ealing This could be a huge banana skin but I think Ealing will win by 3-6 points

Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 12:37
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Predictions this weekend:
Friday 19.45 Notts 1-4 Jersey Usually close matches but hoping for an away win by 3-6 points

Saturday 2pm Mond 2-2 Pirates More likely 4-1 either way but I will punt for a draw
Saturday 2.30pm Donny 5-0 Blues On current form Donny go nap
Saturday 2.30pm Pury 1-4 Ealing This could be a huge banana skin but I think Ealing will win by 3-6 points

I notice that you have your obligatory draw in there CC.

Personally, I think that the games will be a little more clear cut… although I have been wrong in the past….. often!!

Nottingham 0-5 Jersey … A poor 1st half against Mond, but a much better 2nd half will give the Reds something to build on and if they get into their flow they will be hard to stop.
Richmond 1-5 Pirates … The scoreline in Jersey was very harsh on Richmond and totally deserved at least a LBP from the encounter. They will be tough to beat at home, but there is steel in this Pirates outfit. I would love to see a home win, but head says otherwise.
Doncaster 5-0 Bedford … What on earth has happened to Bedford recently? Their form has totally crumbled and a trip to fortress Castle Park is a tough prospect for them. A great wi. If they can muster it, but can’t see anything other than a solid home win.
Hartpury 1-5 Ealing … CC may be right, this could be a really tough game for Ealing. Hartpury are notoriously unpredictable, so it could be an intriguing game. Have to go with promotion favorites though.
Tackle Low!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic