National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

View from the touchline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: View from the touchline
    Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 21:17
Following on from last week he is my blinkered view of events at dry leas
Blimey it was warm t shirts in late ⏰ ctober shouldn’t be happening 
As for the game Blackheath scored 2 tries ( 1 converted)in the first half to Hawks 2 penalties and there was only a Blackheath penalty in the second. The game was very stop start with unforced errors from both sides but Blackheath held the upper hand in the forward battle. Some very bizzare decisions from the officials (which is becoming a trend). Have to praise the effort in defence from Blackheath which was pretty outstanding in the second half. A brilliant cover tackle in the corner by the Hawks 9 kept the game alive for the last quarter. 2 first half yellow cards didn’t help the Club cause but fortunately didn’t cause a heap of trouble. Some nice changes to the clubhouse and it seems very modern and new and the dressing rooms were terrific lot changed in 7 years. On to next week when we welcome North Walsham who we haven’t played since the early 2000s
So many Christians not enough Lions
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 11:52
Great summary, but I hope you didn't suffer on the M4, M40 or A404 like others did. As road diversions go, the one through Slough yesterday was particularly memorableAngry
The Hawks View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hawks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 13:01
Originally posted by Rabbie Burns Rabbie Burns wrote:

Following on from last week he is my blinkered view of events at dry leas
Blimey it was warm t shirts in late ⏰ ctober shouldn’t be happening 
As for the game Blackheath scored 2 tries ( 1 converted)in the first half to Hawks 2 penalties and there was only a Blackheath penalty in the second. The game was very stop start with unforced errors from both sides but Blackheath held the upper hand in the forward battle. Some very bizzare decisions from the officials (which is becoming a trend). Have to praise the effort in defence from Blackheath which was pretty outstanding in the second half. A brilliant cover tackle in the corner by the Hawks 9 kept the game alive for the last quarter. 2 first half yellow cards didn’t help the Club cause but fortunately didn’t cause a heap of trouble. Some nice changes to the clubhouse and it seems very modern and new and the dressing rooms were terrific lot changed in 7 years. On to next week when we welcome North Walsham who we haven’t played since the early 2000s

Thanks Rabbie for your blinkered view! Alas I couldn’t make this trip from Cornwall but I will definitely be at yours on 25th Feb! I must congratulate the person who does your twitter feed, I felt like I was there watching the game, I must admit our twitter was quite well done as well!
It sounded like we gave a hell of lot of penalties away, but we were held up on the line at least one occasion and knocked on as well if I recall from your twitter feed?
Good luck for the rest of the season, I expect you must be favourites, but Dorking are playing well at the moment, so who knows?!
Nick.
'Go The Hawks!'
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 20:32
Just watched the highlights of the Leicester Lions v Clifton match on the Lions facebook page, that Lions pack are brutal, they dominated the set pieces especially the driving mauls. Clifton never gave up and scored two good tries from close range, but the pressure from Lions forced Clifton to make a lot of mistakes and concede a lot of territory with infringements. Still a long way to go as we are not yet at the halfway stage, but that match was a great advert for the West league strengths.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic