National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

North One West 2019/20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 17:18
No argument with the logic but in this league there have been any number of shock results so plenty of scope for debate.

Burnage has been consistent and the title was for it to lose so no real argument with them going up HOWEVER the ever focussed and objective Mike GC has highlighted the financial problems Burnage ,as well as many other sides, now face.

The Prem clubs are cutting both wages and staff and many of them are holding on to money ( including some of mine) taken for ticket sales. If they are obliged to reimburse both season ticket holders and those who have purchased tickets in advance then that could seriously damage cash flow at a time when, like Burnage,other sources of revenue have dried up.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that a Prem club could go under BUT the RFU should be focussing on,and supporting,ALL the teams below the Prem BUT NOT by subsidising payments to players.

Will the RFU step up?
Oldnknackered View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oldnknackered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 17:11
Interesting mathematical calculation based on the fact that the teams that deserve pronation and relegation are the ones that are most consistent through the season. To my mind better than a pools panel who don't know individual teams circumstances. 
If you divide the current points total by the number of games played, eg, Burnage played 21 and got 78 points that averages 3.7 points per game x 5 remaining games equals 19 points. Add that to the original 78 =97.
On this context runners up are AK and Northwich (sort that out gents)on 93
Relegated would be Bowdon on 33, Warrington on 22 and Keswick on 14. My belovered Penrith would finish 10th on 52 which Broughton Park on 53.
In the league above Ilkey would be on 13,Carlusle on 44 and Morpeth on 45. 
No doubt somebody can check my maths but is that an ewuitible suggestion? 
Dobber View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 16:21
I think this is going to prompt the long awaited restructure of all leagues. Too many clubs are under serious financial strains every season. This very long break though, with little to no revenue coming in over these next months due to cancellations of booking to use facilities for conferences etc and over the summer is going to see a number of clubs fold I feel...
Loo fighters View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 14:35
Nothing confirmed, but they're 2nd bottom when the Whistles been blown. Thems the breaks.
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Know All View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Know All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 13:53
Has that been confirmed ? Carlisle surely won't be happy
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 12:59
Thanks LF
We’re going to have to weather this financial furore first - all many of parties cancelled, (in)famous car boot sale delayed until...., pitch hire suspended, golf course currently like a swamp (that’s living cheek by jowl with the Mersey for you !)

Fingers and toes firmly crossed
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 12:00
I reckon there's gonna be a few arguments with  unequal games being played, especially for those being relegated. As it stands, Burnage & York are replacing Carlisle & Ilkley, which I think is right. No play offs, just champs going up. Well done to all at Burnage, well deserved.
Family-Rugger-Beer...
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:43
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 14:36
Will every club survive until next season ?

Those who can go back to 1962/3 ( I think) will remember that loads of games were cancelled post Xmas and lots of clubs suffered a real drop in revenue. And that was when clubs ran 3,4,5,6 and more teams.

RFU need to focus on what is best for the game as a whole - I also understand that Sir Clive has a new plan but I've not read it yet!
Know All View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Know All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:52
I think the RFU will push through league restructure on the resumption of Rugby next season. That way many leagues are diluted so promotion and relegation wont really matter.
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 08:46
a few of options, I think

1. the leagues are suspended, no promotion/relegation (most likely, I think)
2. the leagues are suspended and results stand with promotion/relegation going ahead with the current league positions (unfair, IMHO)
3. a "pools panel" convene and works out the likely outcome of the remaining fixtures, awarding points accordingly.
Exiled in Mann View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exiled in Mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 21:56
To quote Kenneth Wolstenholme.  They think it is all over - well it is now.
There are other coronavirus threads and nobody seems to have any real clue what will happened now 
Sten View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 21:34
All rugby suspended I'm hearing
Thread Pillager
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 11:43
Will the season finish?

I was scheduled to do Wilmslow Half today but that was postponed at the last minute so now Im facing house arrest as well.
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 17:24
absolutely awesome defensive play from Broughton Park, coupled with excellent attacking play when they inevitably turned the ball over - a superb display which makes nonsense of their league position, make no mistake they were the best team on the day.

Well Played Park

Burnage 0
Broughton Park 32
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 17:12
Wtf is going on in this league... Loo go down at 3rd bottom Bowdon & well done to them btw. Then I see Burnage get nilled at home to Bro pk. Bonkers, just plain bonkers. 
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Know All View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Know All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 20:23
Douglas have confirmed that they are getting the boat to Heysham this Saturday and then travelling down to Birkenhead Park. Kick off is now 4pm to accommodate the ferry times. 
Exiled in Mann View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Exiled in Mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 19:01
Stobart Air operated the aircraft under the Flybe banner. I don't believe Stobart have all the necessary bits to actually sell tickets and operate flights under their own name.

The goodish news is that Logair have announced that from Thursday they will be operating twice daily between Liverpool and the IoM. It will apparently be a week or two before anything between IoM and Manchester is announced.

Flight times are not brilliant. 9:00 am from Liverpool with a return to Liverpool 16:45 on a Saturday but I suppose it does give the option of say a 1:00 pm kick of if teams are not staying over and if everybody agrees. Must be better than the boat via Heysham. Ask Vale of Lune and they are only around the corner

pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 22:43
Originally posted by Exiled in Mann Exiled in Mann wrote:

Local rumours are that the IoM Government will be announcing this week details of who is going to step in on some of the old Flybe. It is fairly important that the IoM has a daily return to Liverpool or Manchester as a fair few patients travel each day for hospital appointments. 
Where Stobart air not operating the flights?
is it stours year yet
Sten View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 13:41
Crazy league, I'm shocked Wilmslow lost but I guess I shouldn't be...

Anyone feeling in any way confident of their finishing position? The bottom 2 look done and dusted & 3rd bottom is probably a done deal too (although there is a definite glimmer on that one)

The top 2 is a total guess
Thread Pillager
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic