National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2019/20 LSE3 Week 6 Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 15:40
Bedford 5-0 Guildford
Stags 0-5 Hertford
LIWG 0-5Guernsey
Rochford 5-0 TW
Sevenoaks 1 - 4Brighton
Sidcup 1- 5 Wimbledon
Tring 5-0 Dorking
Not a DoR View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Not a DoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 16:02
Bedford 5-0 Guildford
Stags 0-5 Hertford
LIWG 5-1 Guernsey
Rochford 5-0 TW
Sevenoaks 4-0 Brighton
Sidcup 0-5 Wimbledon
Tring 4-1 Dorking
WelshCentre View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshCentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 16:26
Originally posted by Shamrose Shamrose wrote:

Well I was there and as the Captain was playing at 12 he had to make the effort to run in post the ref having already made his decision. He was not asking about the decision but giving his opinion on what the decision should be. As I said earlier I think it worked against Sevenoaks as the ref didn’t like it and maybe should have told him so but he was a very young ref

Their usual captain is Shawn Derrick, who plays in the back row? Is he injured? Maybe just a new captain with a different style of communicating with the ref.

Either way - captains should be allowed to give their opinion and try to influence the ref's decisions.... otherwise they're doing their team a dis-service, this is a reason why they have been given the role as captain. Has everyone forgotten Sam Warburton's influence on the Ken Owens offside for the Lions?! Or was it Keiran Read's bad complaining that was a bad influence? Either way, both captains tried to do a job for their team, just different styles Smile - I know which one I preffered.... not biased I promise!
chxlamw View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chxlamw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 16:59
Bedford 5-0 Guildford
Stags 1-4 Hertford
LIWG 1-4 Guernsey
Rochford 5-0 TW
Sevenoaks 4-0 Brighton
Sidcup 0-5 Wimbledon
Tring 5-1 Dorking
Kentishman View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 17:29
Originally posted by WelshCentre WelshCentre wrote:

Well I was there and as the Captain was playing at 12 he had to make the effort to run in post the ref having already made his decision. He was not asking about the decision but giving his opinion on what the decision should be. As I said earlier I think it worked against Sevenoaks as the ref didn’t like it and maybe should have told him so but he was a very young ref

Their usual captain is Shawn Derrick, who plays in the back row? Is he injured? Maybe just a new captain with a different style of communicating with the ref.

Either way - captains should be allowed to give their opinion and try to influence the ref's decisions.... otherwise they're doing their team a dis-service, this is a reason why they have been given the role as captain. Has everyone forgotten Sam Warburton's influence on the Ken Owens offside for the Lions?! Or was it Keiran Read's bad complaining that was a bad influence? Either way, both captains tried to do a job for their team, just different styles Smile - I know which one I preffered.... not biased I promise!

Welshcentre I’m afraid you have got that one wrong. The Oaks skipper is the centre, a Welshman by the name of Nigel. Sean Derrick is indeed another Welshman who plays in the back row but he hasn’t been given the captaincy duties. Last season the captain was a 2nd row who has since retired. Hope that clears things up.
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshCentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 19:07
Originally posted by Kentishman Kentishman wrote:

Welshcentre I’m afraid you have got that one wrong. The Oaks skipper is the centre, a Welshman by the name of Nigel. Sean Derrick is indeed another Welshman who plays in the back row but he hasn’t been given the captaincy duties. Last season the captain was a 2nd row who has since retired. Hope that clears things up.

Thanks for clearing that up Kentishman. Sean was definitely stand in captain to one of their away games I was at, maybe their usual captain wasn't playing?

I am sure you agree with my point though, just a captain trying to do a job for their team Smile
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 19:28
Originally posted by Billywindsock Billywindsock wrote:

Playing the ref is a game all on its own. The ref at Hertford on Saturday was top quality, she was the best I've seen for some time and there was no messing around from either team as they could see she knew what she was doing.
Scrum penalties - yes, as usual you can pick from half a dozen at every scrum, but neither team sounded annoyed.
Just a question, is the ball supposed to go straight down the middle of a scrum? I haven't seen a straight put in yet this season.

And you won't!
RAID ON
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshCentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 09:03
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Just a question, is the ball supposed to go straight down the middle of a scrum? I haven't seen a straight put in yet this season.

And you won't!

Actually, the scrum half is allowed to align a shoulder width closer to their own team, so the ball will always go into the scrum closer to their team, so it always looks unfair and not straight.
TinyTim View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinyTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 09:12
Tring 4-1 DorkingCry
TNIYTIM
Rugby70 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rugby70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 09:54
Bedford 5-1 Guildford Bedford at home I believe will be too strong for Guildford.
Stags 1-4 Hertford You never know from one week to the next what team Stags will produce, but Hertford will have too much for them.
LIWG 1-4 Guernsey Guernsey will not drop points against LIWG. Thought LIWG would be better than their results thus far. Maybe they don't know each other that well yet!
Rochford 5-0 TW Got to back Rochford as their all round play is impressive, but the writer of their match report against Sidcup was clearly not watching the same game as we destroyed them in the scrum and they were fortunate with the ref, who was being assessed, admitting he was naive with some of his decisions. Edgar destroyed his opposite number again!
Sevenoaks 4-1 Brighton Probably our most complete win of the season so far, but even with a new full back from Worthing Sevenoaks should prevail.
Sidcup 4-1 Wimbledon The Dons to me are the most complete side in this league, but Sidcup will not rollover and there could be an upset on the cards if silly mistakes are not made like we did against Rochford 
Tring 4-1 Dorking Whilst Dorking have been impressive of late Tring have a very good home record.

Good luck to all this weekend and to TW have some belief as Rochford 100 are beatable.

Edited by Rugby70 - 11 Oct 2019 at 00:07
BigChief View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

London Scottish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 13:34
Bedford 5 - 0 Guildford
CS Stags 0 - 5 Hertford
LIWG 5 - 1 Guernsey
Rochford 5 - 0 Tunbridge Wells
Sevenoaks 5 - 0 Brighton
Sidcup 1 - 5 Wimbledon
Tring 1 - 4 Dorking
For the ordinary purposes of conversation, a superficial knowledge of many things goes further than an intimacy with one or two.
Morgie Man View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 13:37
Bedford 5 - 1 Guildford
CS Stags 1 - 4 Hertford
LIWG 4 - 1 Guernsey
Sevenoaks 4 - 1 Brighton
Sidcup 0 - 5 Wimbledon
Tring 4- 1 Dorking
when you win say nothing, when you lose say less
Billywindsock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billywindsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 18:23

Actually, the scrum half is allowed to align a shoulder width closer to their own team, so the ball will always go into the scrum closer to their team, so it always looks unfair and not straight.

What I see mostly is the 9 fling it straight at the 8's feet. The term 'hooker' should change to 'mostly throws in at a lineout.'
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe,
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion,
I've watched C beams glitter in the darkness near the Tennhauser Gate,
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 21:38

And you won't!

I am well aware of that, however most scrum halves just roll it into the 2nd row - again at all levels.

Although a team was fre-kicked for it in one of the World Cup matches (cannot remember which one)
RAID ON
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 21:39

What I see mostly is the 9 fling it straight at the 8's feet. The term 'hooker' should change to 'mostly throws in at a lineout.'

I would suggest Centre Prop?
RAID ON
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshCentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 11:50

I would suggest Centre Prop?

Love it - what a name Clap
Undercover Back View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undercover Back Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 14:05
Bedford 5 v Guildford 0 - Bedford look to revert to previous home games form.
CS Stags 0 v Hertford 5 - Hertford coming into their own after a tough start.
LIWG 0 v Guernsey 5 - Guernsey scrum to cause the Geese problems.
100 5 v TW 0 - Only question is whether TW can squeak a BP. 
Sevenoaks 4 v 1 Brighton - Provided the allegedly talkative captain can keep the ref on side Wink.
Sidcup 1 v Wimbledon 5 - have pushed 50 for four consecutive weeks, can't see Sidcup keeping up.
Tring 5 v Dorking 0 - Dorking away from home.

dave2dave View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave2dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 18:30

Bedford    4-1              Guildford

CS Stags   4-2              Hertford. the voices are saying stags

LIWG        4-2-             Guernsey= changed this game three times

Rochford     4-1             Tunbridge Wells

Sevenoaks    4-2            Brighton=Welsh Captains to win

Sidcup        2-4              Wimbledon

England      5-0                France -About to put the Tea bag into hot water.* 

Tring          4-2                Dorking= with the slope every scrum feed is straight @ Cow lane

PS  Australia to win the world cup great odds now... do yourselves a favour 

Edited by dave2dave - 09 Oct 2019 at 19:01
Old School View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old School Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 19:32
Bedford 5 - 1 Guildford
CS Stags 0 - 5 Hertford
LIWG 5 - 1 Guernsey
Sevenoaks 4 - 1 Brighton
Sidcup 0 - 5 Wimbledon
Tring 4- 1 Dorking

Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 12:50
Bedford 5 - 0 Guildford
Civil Service 0 - 5 Hertford
London Irish 4 - 1 Guernsey
Sevenoaks 5 - 1 Brighton
Sidcup 1 - 5 Wimbledon
Tring 5- 0 Dorking

Edited by Cannon - 10 Oct 2019 at 12:54
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic