National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2019/20 LSE3 Week 6 Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019/20 LSE3 Week 6 Predictions
    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 15:23

As mentioned i am away for a good part of the next week so here are next weeks fuxtures

Bedford                       Guildford

CS Stags                     Hertford

LIWG                           Guernsey

Rochford                      Tunbridge Wells

Sevenoaks                  Brighton

Sidcup                         Wimbledon

Tring                            Dorking

Thames Estuary Man View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thames Estuary Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 21:18

Bedford 5-0 Guildford
CS Stags 0-5 Hertford
LIWG 0-5 Guernsey
Rochford 5-0 Tunbridge Wells
Sevenoaks 5-0 Brighton
Sidcup 0-5 Wimbledon
Tring 5-0 Dorking
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:06

Really entertaining game at Hertford yesterday. Irish are a handy outfit but a few people I spoke to thought they wasted some very good backs (their 13 was exceptional every time he got the ball) by trying to be too 'bosh it up the middle'. 

If she reads this, I'd like to congratulate the ref too. Best I've seen this season by a million miles.

Bedford                       Guildford     5-1    Bedford on home 'turf'.

CS Stags                     Hertford       0-5   Hertford to be too strong for CS (plus I'm planning on going to this one and they wouldn't dare lose, would they?)Smile

LIWG                           Guernsey     1-5   Have seen both. I expect Guernsey's scrum to make hay.

Rochford                      Tunbridge Wells   5-0   Long journey to get hammered, but that's what TW will have.

Sevenoaks                  Brighton       5-0    Possible that both of these will be scrapping for survival come next spring.

Sidcup                         Wimbledon   0-5    2 teams in the league want it more than anyone, and Sidcup ain't one of them.

Tring                            Dorking       5-0   The slope to come to Tring's aid as normal service is somewhat resumed.

Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 20:38
Bedford 5-0 Guildford
Civil Service 0-5 Hertford
London Irish Amateur 5-1 Guernsey
Rochford 5-0 Tunbridge Wells
Sevenoaks 4-1 Brighton
Sidcup 0-5 Wimbledon
Tring 5-0 Dorking
WelshCentre View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshCentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 09:36
Bedford 2-5 Guildford - Bedford looking weak this season, first up tackling isn't good enough.
CS Stags 2-4 Hertford - Close game with Stags at home, but Hertford will pinch the win. 
LIWG 5-1 Guernsey - LIWG at home, better pack than Guernsey.
Rochford 5-0 Tunbridge Wells - Easy Win.... 
Sevenoaks 4-2 Brighton - Another close one, Sevenoaks to just pip it.
Sidcup 0-5 Wimbledon - Wimbledon are starting to click.
Tring 5-0 Dorking - Tring will want to get their home record back on track!
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:00
Was at the Dorking Sevenoaks game on Saturday and could have gone either way . I felt the Sevenoaks captain did his side no favours by running to the referee every time there was a penalty against Dorking and asking for a card. I think the ref got so sick of this he didn’t give Dorking any yellows when perhaps he should of done

Neither side are going anywhere but mid table
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:22
Originally posted by Shamrose Shamrose wrote:

Was at the Dorking Sevenoaks game on Saturday and could have gone either way . I felt the Sevenoaks captain did his side no favours by running to the referee every time there was a penalty against Dorking and asking for a card. I think the ref got so sick of this he didn’t give Dorking any yellows when perhaps he should of done

I'm disappointed that the Sevenoaks captain wasn't carded under the RFUs Core Values directive this season.

Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Karlos View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:50
Bedford 4 v 1 Guildford
CS 1 v 5 Herts
LIWG 1 v 5 Islanders
100 5 v 1 TWells
7Oaks 1 v 4 Bton
Sidcup 2 v 5 Wimbledon
Tring 4 v 1 Dorking
TinyTim View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinyTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:04

Bedford 4-1  Guildford. Bedford to strong at home for G's

CS Stags 1-4 Hertford. Didn't see the stags winning last week. Hertford to edge

LIWG  0 - 5 Guernsey. Guernsey to keep the pressure on the top 2.

Rochford 5 - 0 Tunbridge Wells. wells not string enough

Sevenoaks 4-1 Brighton. Oak's to win at home

Sidcup 4 - 1 Wimbledon. cup to bounce back

TNIYTIM
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:17
Originally posted by TinyTim TinyTim wrote:

Bedford 4-1  Guildford. Bedford to strong at home for G's

CS Stags 1-4 Hertford. Didn't see the stags winning last week. Hertford to edge

LIWG  0 - 5 Guernsey. Guernsey to keep the pressure on the top 2.

Rochford 5 - 0 Tunbridge Wells. wells not string enough

Sevenoaks 4-1 Brighton. Oak's to win at home

Sidcup 4 - 1 Wimbledon. cup to bounce back

And the final game? Wink
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:24
That is interesting. The ref did have a penalty retaken as a player stuck his hands up in the air just as the kick was about to be taken. Personally I think there is far too much chat on the pitch. It is like a yelling match at every scrum, ruck or maul
Insignificant Tick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insignificant Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:25
Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

[QUOTE=Shamrose]Was at the Dorking Sevenoaks game on Saturday and could have gone either way . I felt the Sevenoaks captain did his side no favours by running to the referee every time there was a penalty against Dorking and asking for a card. I think the ref got so sick of this he didn’t give Dorking any yellows when perhaps he should of done

I'm disappointed that the Sevenoaks captain wasn't carded under the RFUs Core Values directive this season.

[/QUOTE

Disappointed that you are disappointed. How can that be when you were not there ?
Maybe, just maybe he wasn't doing anything wrong. The ref could have called him over to explain his decisions, or he was just doing his job as captain and seeking clarification.As a captain it is allowed.
A ref doesn't give yellow cards and you moan as much as when he does. Give the ref some credit for officiating the way he thought best at the time !  
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:25
BEDFORD 4-1 Guildford- Both need to get their season on track. Ath to win a close game with home advantage.
Cs Stags 1863 1-5 HERTFORD- Hertford starting to get their A game going and good on the road.
LIWG 2-2 GUERNSEY- Cant separate the two with Geese home advantage. 
ROCHFORD 100 5-0 Tunbridge Wells- Should be a walk in the park for L3 team and title favs.
SEVENOAKS 5-0 Brighton- Designer 7Oaks too hot at home with a determination to boot.
Sidcup 2-5 WIMBLEDON- Rumour has it that Dons are determined to get back to L4 and appear to have strengthened since last season, but Cup have also started well. Close battle.
Tring 1-5 DORKING- D's are accustomed to the slope and last season threw away a 20pt lead. No room for error in another tight contest.

Yet another difficult week of predictions and a toss up for MOTD between games at LIWG and Sidcup. Good luck to all

Fezantplucker
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:34
Originally posted by Insignificant Tick Insignificant Tick wrote:

[QUOTE=Shamrose]Was at the Dorking Sevenoaks game on Saturday and could have gone either way . I felt the Sevenoaks captain did his side no favours by running to the referee every time there was a penalty against Dorking and asking for a card. I think the ref got so sick of this he didn’t give Dorking any yellows when perhaps he should of done

[/QUOTE

Disappointed that you are disappointed. How can that be when you were not there ?
Maybe, just maybe he wasn't doing anything wrong. The ref could have called him over to explain his decisions, or he was just doing his job as captain and seeking clarification.As a captain it is allowed.
A ref doesn't give yellow cards and you moan as much as when he does. Give the ref some credit for officiating the way he thought best at the time !  
Fair view Insignificant Tick, my comment was judged purely on Shamrose's view that the captain appealed for Dorking players to be carded, I wasn't there and accept that the reality could have been different. However, if it was gamesmanship it should have been handled under the new RFU directive in my opinion. 

Personally I think referees are castigated too often for decisions made in the immediate instance, that at our level they have to make on their own and without the benefit of TMOs or TJs.
Insignificant Tick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insignificant Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:43

Originally posted by Insignificant Tick Insignificant Tick wrote:

[/QUOTE

Fair view Insignificant Tick, my comment was judged purely on Shamrose's view that the captain appealed for Dorking players to be carded, I wasn't there and accept that the reality could have been different. However, if it was gamesmanship it should have been handled under the new RFU directive in my opinion. 

Personally I think referees are castigated too often for decisions made in the immediate instance, that at our level they have to make on their own and without the benefit of TMOs or TJs.

You appear to be contradicting yourself.
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:45
Well I was there and as the Captain was playing at 12 he had to make the effort to run in post the ref having already made his decision. He was not asking about the decision but giving his opinion on what the decision should be. As I said earlier I think it worked against Sevenoaks as the ref didn’t like it and maybe should have told him so but he was a very young ref
Kentishman View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 13:17
Originally posted by Shamrose Shamrose wrote:

Well I was there and as the Captain was playing at 12 he had to make the effort to run in post the ref having already made his decision. He was not asking about the decision but giving his opinion on what the decision should be. As I said earlier I think it worked against Sevenoaks as the ref didn’t like it and maybe should have told him so but he was a very young ref

The young referee was very clear that he wanted to have the captains in regular discussion with him. I know that the Sevenoaks coaches spoke with him at half time and again at full time and he confirmed he was happy with the team and captain. No issues at all about questioning decisions.
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 13:25
IMO the young ref had a decent game and was fair all round. His particular decision to allow an Oaks penalty to be retaken and converted after the initial kick was wide, was in hindsight correct, although many did not immediately realise the infringement. Designer Oaks had clearly expected a win here and were very competitive for 80. As the score reflects the result could have gone either way so will be very interesting for the return match. Nothing more than a feisty competitive encounter IMO and support from both sides quite friendly. 
Fezantplucker
Billywindsock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billywindsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 13:26
Playing the ref is a game all on its own. The ref at Hertford on Saturday was top quality, she was the best I've seen for some time and there was no messing around from either team as they could see she knew what she was doing.
Scrum penalties - yes, as usual you can pick from half a dozen at every scrum, but neither team sounded annoyed.
Just a question, is the ball supposed to go straight down the middle of a scrum? I haven't seen a straight put in yet this season.

Edited by Billywindsock - 07 Oct 2019 at 13:27
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe,
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion,
I've watched C beams glitter in the darkness near the Tennhauser Gate,
@boatyjames View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @boatyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 13:38
Bedford 5-0 Guildford
Stags 0-5 Hertford
LIWG 5-2 Guernsey
Rochford 5-0 TW
Sevenoaks 5-0 Brighton
Sidcup 0-5 Wimbledon
Tring 5-0 Dorking
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic