National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Round 5 Officials, Team News, Scores

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geralltrugby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 15:42
Maybe a product of the “good work” done by Buckland! Whoever recruited him with his reputation needs shooting. I know Lowes had some unusual ideas when it comes to Union tactics. Made Leeds a good side to watch for the neutral but a shade more pragmatism at times may have delivered better results. Interested to see how Ealing shape up under him.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 15:43
Cov 8-6 Doncaster
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 15:48
Cov 8-6 Doncaster HT.
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 16:22
Cov 11-6 Doncaster
Our City,
Our Club
Dan Gleebles View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Gleebles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 16:25
Flood a lucky man, 2 possible yellows? 3-0 Blues. HT
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 16:25
Cov 18-6 Doncaster
Our City,
Our Club
TAS63 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAS63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 16:26
Blues 3 Newcastle 0 at HT. Spiky just about covers it .... lots of "hugging" at the end of the half, and the Newcastle 3 in the bin for a sit down to consider the error of his ways.
TAS63 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAS63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 16:26
All Blues first half I should say. Down the slope and with the rain... let's see how the momentum goes 2nd half.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 16:27
How Toby Flood has escaped without a yellow for arguably 2 straight red offences with a TMO I will not know. Even 2 yellows he’d be off.

HT
Blues 3-0 Falcons
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 16:45
Cov 11-6 Doncaster FT
Our City,
Our Club
TAS63 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAS63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 17:22
Blues 6 Newcastle 11 at FT. Newcastle maul worked better than the Blues one.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 17:36
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Cov 11-6 Doncaster FT

18 - 6
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 18:05
Is anyone able to explain how Toby Flood lasted 80 mins on the pitch? Shambolic and indefensible for the TMO. Understandable how a ref can miss something in real time but absolutely no excuses for the TMO. Blues paid for not turning their first half dominance into points, but I think the better team lost. Falcons took the maul try opportunity they had, blues spurned theirs and that ultimately was the difference.
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 18:08
Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Cov 11-6 Doncaster FT

18 - 6

Yes, I know Nick.
I pasted the (copied) previous score, and was then disrupted by plonkers forcing their way past, and then forgot to change the Cov total when I finally got back to posting. Mea culpa   
Our City,
Our Club
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 18:29
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

Is anyone able to explain how Toby Flood lasted 80 mins on the pitch? Shambolic and indefensible for the TMO. Understandable how a ref can miss something in real time but absolutely no excuses for the TMO. Blues paid for not turning their first half dominance into points, but I think the better team lost. Falcons took the maul try opportunity they had, blues spurned theirs and that ultimately was the difference.

Totally agree! We should’ve been 8/10 up at half time, as we missed our opportunities but Newcastle should’ve had a red and probably a 2nd yellow in the first half 12 penalties to 1 and most in the 22!

Pleased we got the penalty and the bonus point but it could and should’ve been a different game with Falcons down to 13 for 50 mins.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 19:40
Horrible conditions at the BPA. Had it not been for the AGP the match might well have been flooded off. Had it been played on grass that would have been the pitch ruined for the season. Four of my five layers are damp through!
It was a win against a team who have given us a very hard time at the BPA, as well as, until late last season away. Not an easy win.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 20:50

As a neutral, that was dreadful. Multiple straight reds missed by the TMO. I got yelled at by the wife for screaming "Penalty only my a**!" At the screen when Flood suplexed the Blues player at the line.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 21:11
Given the conditions a decent match at St Peter. Jersey had the stronger scrum & bench but Notts lineout and defence as good as I've seen this season. The Notts Fly half was brilliant behind a pack going backwards but the Jersey half backs were ponderous and missing the X factor in the threes. Two well matched sides and the playing surface was first class. Clarey at tight head for Jersey would have given Sam Lockwood a decent game and should play a league higher next year.  4-0 in league points probably about right due to the late Notts yellow cards but 4-1 either way the real measure of the two squads imo. Deserved a bigger crowd but weather really naff. Off to Amps next week.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 21:18
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

As a neutral, that was dreadful. Multiple straight reds missed by the TMO. I got yelled at by the wife for screaming "Penalty only my a**!" At the screen when Flood suplexed the Blues player at the line.

You watch Temm will be cited for punching Flood (Actually thought they’d reverse the penalty), yet Flood who nearly decapitated 2 Blues players will walk free!
Guinness John View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guinness John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 21:28
The absence of a big screen possibly had some effect on the decisions. If it was wrong hopefully the citing officer will sort it out. At last a truly spirited show from the Blues, Defences won the day on both sides. A real rugby game, none of this fancy running stuff!!
Bedford Blues Supporter of the Year 2010 - 2011
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic