National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Half Way Mark - Promotion and Relegation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Half Way Mark - Promotion and Relegation
    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 04:45
I'm sticking my neck out with these predictions for the end of the season after 15 more rounds:

1.Richmond
2.Rosslyn Park
3.Rams

and at the other end the 3 for the drop

14. Rotherham
15. Hull
16 Canterbury

At the top Park still have Richmond and Rams at The Rock so that will be interesting!

At last we have a season without a runaway winner at the half way mark.

Anyone agree with my predictions???????

If you're not on the pitch you can't win the game
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 06:47
I predict a lot of alliteration.

But I'm hoping Roth can squeak enough points to survive.
Our City,
Our Club
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 08:00

Park Ranger

So the top three and the bottom three will stay as per the current table. A pretty safe prediction !

I hope Chinnor will squeeze past Rams into third. If Richmond and Rosslyn Park both win next weekend I would say they should be the top two, but if both lose then it brings Old Es and Chinnor into the mix, with Cinderford and Blackheath lurking !

I think Moseley and Cambridge have enough about them to stay clear of Rotherham so perhaps Rotherham's best chance would for Sale to implode. But I can't see that either....
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 09:05
Originally posted by Park Ranger Park Ranger wrote:

I'm sticking my neck out with these predictions for the end of the season after 15 more rounds:

1.Richmond
2.Rosslyn Park
3.Rams

and at the other end the 3 for the drop

14. Rotherham
15. Hull
16 Canterbury

At the top Park still have Richmond and Rams at The Rock so that will be interesting!

At last we have a season without a runaway winner at the half way mark.

Anyone agree with my predictions???????

I bet those predictions really took some thinking about. Well done Park Ranger.
All Knwoing All Seeing
BFG1 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFG1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 15:00
Pretty sure last season we didn't have a runaway leader..... Park Ranger had a season away? Missed out last year and 5 points separating two 6 at xmas
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 15:32
Lot easier to predict who will be coming down into Nat One-although will the RFU come up with another left field decision to ensure YC stay in the Championship. Been a great use of £500,000 ......
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 16:42
I would not be sure any club will come down.

If  they keep the leagues as they are and YC will need to find another £500k+, at which point I can see them folding.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Yogi View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yogi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 19:25
Camquin,
    If they do it will have been a sad waste of two former great Leeds clubs, namely Headingley and     

Roundhay, back in the late 1980s. 

What's with you Boo-Boo
yorky10000 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorky10000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:01
Ah that has stirred the memory. Those b****y leather balls used by the lower sides at Headingley well into the 80s. They weighed a ton, were more round than oval, and,when wet, any clearance kick had a maximum flight of about 10 yards.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 12:17
Yogi - I do not disagree, just fear.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 21:20
Very interesting at the top - difficult to see the winner coming from outside the top 3 (Richmond, Rosslyn Pk or Rams) although Chinnor might have an outside chance.

Hull Ionians and Canterbury look doomed, with Rotherham having a lot to do to climb above Birmingham Moseley.

Looks like 2 northern and 1 southern team being relegated as per normal.

There is also the Leeds debacle to factor in - most informed guesses suggest they will fold if they get relegated thus losing the RFU subsidy which would mean only 2 being relegated, possibly Rotherham's best hope?
RAID ON
Alderman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 12:32
If three go down then the current cellar dwellers look destined for the drop. Rotherham Titans fans on their own excellent forum are calling for an influx of DRs to save the club. That's a possible route to survival I suppose.

At the top I will wildly predict that both Richmond and Rosslyn Park will implode and Darlington pinch the title ahead of OEs, Rams and Blackheath
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 14:13
I feel that any team in the top 7 still have a chance at winning the league, I think January will be a telling month with some big matches to be played - 

Rams v DMP
Richmond v Blackheath
Blackheath v RP
Chinnor v Rams
Rams v Richmond

To name only a few, I think Rams and Blackheath could really have a say in how the title picture will play out, it could leave it very open at the top. 

Additionally it could go down to the last week of the season where Richmond host DMP, and Rotherham host Rosslyn Park, if Roth are playing for survival it could be a final twist in the tale. 

Unfortunately I think Birmingham Moseley will be dragged into the relegation battle and ultimately may just pay the price for some targeted DR recruitment from Rotherham. 

front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 14:27
Originally posted by front5 front5 wrote:

I feel that any team in the top 7 still have a chance at winning the league, I think January will be a telling month with some big matches to be played - 

Rams v DMP
Richmond v Blackheath
Blackheath v RP
Chinnor v Rams
Rams v Richmond

To name only a few, I think Rams and Blackheath could really have a say in how the title picture will play out, it could leave it very open at the top. 

Additionally it could go down to the last week of the season where Richmond host DMP, and Rotherham host Rosslyn Park, if Roth are playing for survival it could be a final twist in the tale. 

Unfortunately I think Birmingham Moseley will be dragged into the relegation battle and ultimately may just pay the price for some targeted DR recruitment from Rotherham. 

My predictions are - 

Top 3 - 

DMP
Rosslyn Park
Richmond

Bottom 3 -  

Birmingham Moseley
Hull Ionians
Canterbury
Keppeltitan View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keppeltitan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 16:19
Latesthe rumouron Rotherham Titans chat coach Antony Posa has resigned .
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keppeltitan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 16:21
Should be latest rumour.
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 13:27
This is not a rumour. He has gone. The guy came with strong credentials but this is a professional league.
We may as well spend the second half of the season getting things in place to launch a return from National 2N next season.
In the Prem and Championship it became all about money but it would seem to be a more level field so to speak. That said, the London based (or within easy reach of London) clubs are gravitating to the top as there are clearly more opportunities for city careers in a part time set up.

Roth has a proud history but that is what it is.....history. In the here and now we are not competing . Yesterday is a case in question. Getting hammered by a team who we comfortably beat at the Lane earlier in the season so there must be coaching issues as the squad assembled were one of the favourites to be competing at the other end.
We won at Chinnor so there clearly is ability but any new coach needs to be experienced at Championship level, know what it takes to get out of this league and be ruthless and let them know what it means to wear the shirt. The ability to run through walls.
All this takes money and ambition but whether the directors have the pockets and appetite for it is another matter. Those guys have single handedly saved the club ever since it went belly up when we got relegated from the Prem 15 years ago. They deserve better.
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keppeltitan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 14:19
We were told yesterday there would be no new coach this season with Jenks taking over the coaching duties.
People on Titans chat keep saying what good players we have so why are we getting soundly beaten every week .
One other point apart from Fergus Mulchrone how many Sale Sharks players did Sale have in their squad yesterday.
jimbojetset View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbojetset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 15:01
Originally posted by Keppeltitan Keppeltitan wrote:

We were told yesterday there would be no new coach this season with Jenks taking over the coaching duties.
People on Titans chat keep saying what good players we have so why are we getting soundly beaten every week .
One other point apart from Fergus Mulchrone how many Sale Sharks players did Sale have in their squad yesterday.
None/Zero/Nada/Nilch. Fergus Mulchrone is signed to Sale FC. He's retired from the premiership. He was in the first Sale FC Colts team we had in the modern era with Jack Moorhouse and Ryan Parkinson and moved back to Altrincham this year where he was brought up.

Moseley Mauler View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moseley Mauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 15:43
Originally posted by jimbojetset jimbojetset wrote:

Originally posted by Keppeltitan Keppeltitan wrote:

None/Zero/Nada/Nilch. Fergus Mulchrone is signed to Sale FC. He's retired from the premiership. He was in the first Sale FC Colts team we had in the modern era with Jack Moorhouse and Ryan Parkinson and moved back to Altrincham this year where he was brought up.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic