National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Derby RUFC 3G Flooded again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoo The Zoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Derby RUFC 3G Flooded again
    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 19:30
I see that Derby's 3G pitch was flooded again at the weekend. Was the rubber ballast once again flushed into the water course. causing pollution?

Edited by Stoo The Zoom - 19 Feb 2020 at 19:31
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 11:51
Why not express your question to the club or the local council if you are that worried?
cobbler View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 22:12
Originally posted by Stoo The Zoom Stoo The Zoom wrote:

I see that Derby's 3G pitch was flooded again at the weekend. Was the rubber ballast once again flushed into the water course. causing pollution?

No! Flooding not as bad and presence of SIS (pitch installers) equipment and security fence probably restricted flow near the pitch. Lessons learnt from the rippling of the carpet from previous flood meant it was glued down to a greater extent and that seems to have helped with that problem.
Penda View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 17:09
This must be a real worry for Derby going forward. 

Wonder what the infection implications are for players once the pitch is back in action.
The 15 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 08:54
Well Zoom it seems the Planet is safe you can sleep again at Night !!!
cobbler View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 20:48
Originally posted by Penda Penda wrote:

This must be a real worry for Derby going forward. 

Wonder what the infection implications are for players once the pitch is back in action.

Actually I discovered today that the rubber crumb is not down yet. SIS need to wait until risk of flood has significantly diminished (!!) then carry out a process that removes the silt that has built up on the pitch (from the river water) to leave clean sand, then apply rubber crumb. I would assume this leaves no risk of infection.

Friendly prop View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 21:22
Originally posted by cobbler cobbler wrote:

Actually I discovered today that the rubber crumb is not down yet. SIS need to wait until risk of flood has significantly diminished (!!) then carry out a process that removes the silt that has built up on the pitch (from the river water) to leave clean sand, then apply rubber crumb. I would assume this leaves no risk of infection.

Are you likely to be playing on it again this season?
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
cobbler View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 16:29
Originally posted by Friendly prop Friendly prop wrote:

Originally posted by cobbler cobbler wrote:

Are you likely to be playing on it again this season?

Yes! Especially with a backlog of home games, but really hoping it will be available for 21 March game v league leaders Syston and ex-Players' lunch.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic