National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Rams deducted 5 points

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quercynomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rams deducted 5 points
    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 12:33
Just seen on the Rams website they have announced that they have had 5 points deducted for an issue with their Payment of Players declaration last season.

Bruce Edgar View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Edgar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 14:46
The loss of a £8500 travel/match official expenses grant for this season will hurt more than the 5 point deduction. Seems a bit harsh for an error that was made but couldn’t be corrected once submitted. 
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 15:00
Just remember....REFU Mission is.....The purpose of the plan is 'to encourage rugby, and its values, to flourish across England' 

Numpties.  This is beyond harsh for Rams
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 15:01
Punished more than Leeds and for an admin error, you couldn’t make this stuff up
So many Christians not enough Lions
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 15:02
Originally posted by Rabbie Burns Rabbie Burns wrote:

Punished more than Leeds and for an admin error, you couldn’t make this stuff up

Indeed!
RAID ON
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 15:12
Good grief. I fail to understand the thinking behind this. A mistake in completing a form is very easy to make. The consequences are out of all proportion to the 'offence'.
I am not a Rams supporter but I do admire them for their achievements.
pappashanga
Jester10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 15:37
I've had the misfortune of having to use GMS this season. It has one thing in common with the RFU....................................... 

........... both unfit for purpose. 
Enjoying life!
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 16:08
There was another thread about how the RFU could save money and I suggested looking at the amount of money they throw at Barrister's and QC's which is fully supported by a sentence in the statement which states
The case involved two hearings in London (on 10 October 2019 and 13 January 2020) before an RFU disciplinary panel of three independent barristers at which the RFU was represented by a QC.

I doubt the estimated loss of £8,500 would even be half of what it cost to run this ludicrous case. Hope this makes it into The Rugby Paper as it is sheer victimisation of grass roots clubs and done at a great cost

Edited by Shamrose - 27 Feb 2020 at 16:11
Sarfender View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarfender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 16:37
Is it any wonder clubs have difficulty in finding volunteers when they have to deal with jumped up jobs worths like the RFU? Shamrose is also spot on re the cost of this disgraceful episode.
Clive Norling View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Norling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 16:43
There is so much I could say but the Executive have agreed that the statement on our website is the end of the matter ....

Thanks for everyone who has posted supportive messages on here, it is appreciated.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 16:44
Shamrose you are right, unless these chaps gave their services free. I just saw a pig flying past my window.
pappashanga
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Norling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 16:55
Originally posted by Pappashanga Pappashanga wrote:

Shamrose you are right, unless these chaps gave their services free. I just saw a pig flying past my window.

The figures involved would make you weep and cry with frustration for something that was not even about us gaining an advantage on the pitch .....
Dad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 16:58
A Junior team I help manage had another cup games score credited against it on GMS earlier this season. That was done by the RFU themselves and it took 2 weeks to get sorted. 

Not noticed any strict liability and payment coming our way from the RFU for their admin error

If you are going to have a strict liability policy you need to be dam sure your own house is in order first - and nobody has ever used the words "robust" or "intuitive" whilst discussing GMS ever.

I bet there is an awful lot of tongue biting going on at Rams at present, kudos on them for realising sometimes you can be 100% right but have no way of winning the argument
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 17:02
When dealing with big organisations of any sort, they can make mistakes with impunity, and if you make one, you're for it.
pappashanga
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 17:04
Why would you need a QC to deal with a mistake on a form? Mad.
pappashanga
Jester10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 17:06
I suspect that the RFU are more concerned that their all expenses paid junket to Rome may be cancelled, more than the fact they've blown probably £20k plus to recover £8.5k and five points. What a sustainable business model they run! 

Enjoying life!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Norling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 17:30
Originally posted by Jester10 Jester10 wrote:

I suspect that the RFU are more concerned that their all expenses paid junket to Rome may be cancelled, more than the fact they've blown probably £20k plus to recover £8.5k and five points. What a sustainable business model they run! 

Paul, you're not even close to the correct amount!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Norling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 17:42
Originally posted by Pappashanga Pappashanga wrote:

Why would you need a QC to deal with a mistake on a form? Mad.

Because when staring down the barrel of a gun and facing defeat, to quote a famous line from a film ... "he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue" .... you NEVER EVER win the war with the RFU, you'll win battles along the way but you can never beat them .... unless of course you're PRL!
Bill Sley View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Sley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 17:47
Originally posted by Jester10 Jester10 wrote:

I was going to ask whether we could submit an FOI request for info....then I remembered we (the clubs) are actually the owners/shareholders, so presume we can demand the info somehow?
stonehousealbion View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonehousealbion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 09:11
Fully justified - there's no place for this kind of wilful mismanagement in the (soon to be evisicerated) Champ. Wink

Here's my pitch:

How about a follow-up to "Twenty Twelve" and "W1A"? "FU", a fly on the wall documentary about a bunch of clueless, inept, shoulder-sloping OFs in a state of the art stadium and their quest to systematically dismantle a significant part of the nation's sporting legacy. Yes/no - brilliant!

All (6 figure - minimum, USD only) payments for plot development to:

SHATV (Offshore) Productions, Untraceable House, George Town, The Cayman Islands.
Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic