National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Final League Positions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 17:42
While not 100%, I assume that just means Number of points currently  gained divided by number of games played?

I don't think any way could be fair on everyone but given the majority of the season had been played it seems the most appropriate option.

Some teams at the top who were losing form will get lucky and some teams at the bottom gaining form will be unlucky 
Stoo The Zoom View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoo The Zoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 17:56
Robb wrote (Be great if they could but there are inevitably going to be appeals and lawsuits which will probably mean we get nothing until July.)
I don't know what the appeal procedure is , but there will be few Clubs who could afford to employ the necessary legal brains to lodge an appeal.    
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 18:04
Originally posted by Stoo The Zoom Stoo The Zoom wrote:

Robb wrote (Be great if they could but there are inevitably going to be appeals and lawsuits which will probably mean we get nothing until July.)
I don't know what the appeal procedure is , but there will be few Clubs who could afford to employ the necessary legal brains to lodge an appeal.    

Probably similar to diciplinaries. But the lawsuit option isn't just a pipe dream as some people think it is. Some clubs do have the sugar daddies who can afford to fund it. 
Friendly prop View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 18:05
In my humble opinion I think that top in each league should go up and bottom 2 come down where applicable. No play offs and bite the bullet for this season. Winners deserve to go up and teams who finish at the bottom should go down. Why line the pockets of solicitors unnecessarily, does it really matter in the context of what is going on in the rest of the country? People dying!!!
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 18:09
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Originally posted by sidelined sidelined wrote:

On a positive note, with the league positions being published by Friday. I can see no reason why next season fixtures can't be published by the end of the monthTongue

Be great if they could but there are inevitably going to be appeals and lawsuits which will probably mean we get nothing until July. 

Plus the geography will also play into it I bet. For instance, N3LSE will again have the problem where someone will need to be level transferred because (I assume) both Guernsey and Rochford are going up but only S&E are coming down according to N2S, which means a Midlands club are going to be fighting to not get transferred. (In essance, more appeals to delay it)

Part of any reg system is a right of appeal I guess, but hope there aren't many cases like that, given the totally unprecedented nature of this and the lack (that I've seen) of a fairer alternative... 

My home club were 8th in a league of 10 from which 2 are relegated on Fri 13th, with the same average points but 2 more wins than the team below in 9th. That team had a rearranged game the following day against the team ranked 3rd, who I imagine may have been short of players as it was originally a free w/e. If anyone had been self-isolating, the fixture probably wouldn't have happened. It went ahead, the 9th-placed side won + got a BP, and went above us. Pretty tough, but no indication that we'll run to the authorities...
L33 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 18:20
The RFU should just do what the FA do.

Make the decision, change the leagues to reduce travelling and then say there is no appeal process. 

Done 
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 18:23
Originally posted by L33 L33 wrote:

The RFU should just do what the FA do.

Make the decision, change the leagues to reduce travelling and then say there is no appeal process. 

Done 

Apparently now over 120 teams against the Football proposals - a sizeable objection.

Anyway the RFU have made a decision - you may not like it but hopefully you will follow your own advice......
RAID ON
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 18:53
Originally posted by Friendly prop Friendly prop wrote:

In my humble opinion I think that top in each league should go up and bottom 2 come down where applicable. No play offs and bite the bullet for this season. Winners deserve to go up and teams who finish at the bottom should go down. Why line the pockets of solicitors unnecessarily, does it really matter in the context of what is going on in the rest of the country? People dying!!!

From what I've been told by reliable sources this afternoon, the third promotion place is basically decided by which of the two runners-up has the most points ie the team which would have had home advantage in the play-off goes up.
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 19:27
MWJ, I concur, Team with Best Record who would have been the Home Team in the Playoff will go up. If records are identical a mathematical formulae will be used.
Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
Friendly prop View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 21:44
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

Originally posted by Friendly prop Friendly prop wrote:

From what I've been told by reliable sources this afternoon, the third promotion place is basically decided by which of the two runners-up has the most points ie the team which would have had home advantage in the play-off goes up.

Que sera sera. It'll make no difference to us but there may be a team or two who might have wanted to miss the opportunity to go up. Judging by that then Tonbridge Juddians will be the team to replace whoever comes down from Nat 1 then. Probably at the cost of Rov. Cry
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 09:51
I don't see the need for the points shenanigans. The league positions are already based on points, so why make it more complicated? Anyhow, let them get on with it.
pappashanga
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 10:09
Originally posted by Pappashanga Pappashanga wrote:

I don't see the need for the points shenanigans. The league positions are already based on points, so why make it more complicated? Anyhow, let them get on with it.
Because not everyone has played the same number of games.  It would be unfair to promote a team because their closest rivals had had a postponement due to the weather.  Not sure how many leagues this actually affects, but you need a fair system, and this is one of a number of reasonable systems they could have applied.
Tynecolt View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tynecolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 15:28
Ever hopeful
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 15:57
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Tynecolt View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tynecolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:15
Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

Originally posted by Tynecolt Tynecolt wrote:

Tables on website
Shhh its hidden!!

Ha. It wasnt at 3.00pm. Someone must have pressed the wrong button. Wont spoil the suspense by listing promotion and relegation!!!
Ever hopeful
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:17
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:33
wheres the national 1 2n 2s tables 

Edited by greenpower - 03 Apr 2020 at 16:35
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:34
Originally posted by greenpower greenpower wrote:

wheres the natinal  1    2n 2s tables

I suspect they are trying to resolve the level transfers from N to S
RAID ON
stonehousealbion View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonehousealbion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:38
I found Tynecolt's link above "Hidden" as well (Chrome/W10)...

So far we've had links to L2 and 5-12. Is there anythng confirmed for L4-5? Feel free to spill them pulses...
Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!
Wobbler View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:41
moseleyfans.wix.com/moseleyfans
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic