National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Ealing v Falcons Match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ealing v Falcons Match
    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 14:45
What time does the live stream start?
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 14:55
Supposed to be 2.30 but I can not get it to work and I am not the only one.

Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 14:58
Top man No7 I assumed it was down to my technical ineptness. it usually is! I tried on an ipad first then a desktop PC but no joy with either. I was due to be pruning grapevines this afternoon but the chance of seeing some rugby seemed a better use of time. The desktop has sprung into life but nothing yet on the ipad. Wayne Barnes is referee and real quality with GT & Gary Graham in the back rows.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 07 Nov 2020 at 15:14
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 15:13
Very poor quality and constantly freezing .......so frustrating !. Censored
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 15:31
Currently Ealing 5-7 Falcons. GT having a cracking game - great signing by Trailfinders. Ealing right wing just scored in the RH Corner - difficult conv missed. H/T Ealing 8-10 Falcons

Edited by corporalcarrot - 07 Nov 2020 at 15:45
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 15:47
 Half time 8 to 10 Falcons lead . Impossible to follow on the live stream.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 16:11
Originally posted by No 7 No 7 wrote:

Half time 8 to 10 Falcons lead . Impossible to follow on the live stream.
I agree I'm going to walk the Spaniels down towards the beach. Can someone post the final score up please?
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 16:31
Currently 35-10 to Ealing
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 16:42
Full Time 38 to 17 
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 16:45
Originally posted by No 7 No 7 wrote:

Full Time 38 to 17 
I watched the second half with binoculars. Just as convincing as the final score indicates. Ealing overpowered Falcons. Yellows didnt help.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 19:28
Well done gerg. Where there is a will there is a way.I followed the game on two twitter accounts , Ealings and the Falcons . 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 19:47
Top man Gerg a full on Ealing supporter. The bits of the first half I saw indicated a close game and Falcons probably had the edge up front. I suspect the numerous "giving game time" subs had some impact on the final scoreline but absolutely great to have rugby played. The ground looked wonderful and I hope some day soon I can visit your cracking club again. The streaming was less than great but no winging in St Ouens - the spaniels chased noisy waves rolling into the bay down the hill and will be out later persecuting hedgehogs. Stay safe everyone.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 20:13
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Top man Gerg a full on Ealing supporter. The bits of the first half I saw indicated a close game and Falcons probably had the edge up front. I suspect the numerous "giving game time" subs had some impact on the final scoreline but absolutely great to have rugby played. The ground looked wonderful and I hope some day soon I can visit your cracking club again. The streaming was less than great but no winging in St Ouens - the spaniels chased noisy waves rolling into the bay down the hill and will be out later persecuting hedgehogs. Stay safe everyone.

Streaming debacle even mentioned in the Telegraph.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 16:23
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Streaming debacle even mentioned in the Telegraph.

quote:

The future for ambitious Ealing is less certain. They hope to restart the Championship, and press Saracens for promotion to the top flight, in January.

This was an encouraging afternoon for Ben Ward’s team, with the only cause for embarrassment being the malfunction of a live stream that cost £10 for supporters to access. 

Ealing and streaming company Analysis of Sport have apologised and promised full refunds.

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 10:51
I hope Ealing are not put off by the streaming experience as in the short term it may be essential for all clubs. The highlights are well worth a look:
Belting try from GT who is surely the key signing for Trailfinders. Great to see Mark Tampin (ex Jersey & Ealing and a top bloke imo) get his name on the try scoring list.
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:08
Surprised and disappointed by the attempted streaming experience especially as the quality from the Loughborough v Harlequins women's match was excellent.
Trailfinder View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trailfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:32
The live stream malfunction was a debacle that unfortunately distracted from what was an excellent game and result. The first half was only about 50% viewable and the second half was non-existent but what I managed to view was of a decent standard with multiple camera angles and professional commentary. Does anyone know how much approximately it costs to put on a live stream of this nature? With little prospect of a tv deal for the Championship (has the Sky deal now elapsed?) this may well be the future for the Championship but as demonstrated it is fraught with risk.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 19:59
Originally posted by Trailfinder Trailfinder wrote:

The live stream malfunction was a debacle that unfortunately distracted from what was an excellent game and result. The first half was only about 50% viewable and the second half was non-existent but what I managed to view was of a decent standard with multiple camera angles and professional commentary. Does anyone know how much approximately it costs to put on a live stream of this nature? With little prospect of a tv deal for the Championship (has the Sky deal now elapsed?) this may well be the future for the Championship but as demonstrated it is fraught with risk.

Has anyone seen any reasons behind the streaming debacle?

The trouble is, a lot of people will have been put off if this was their first experience of live streaming.

Edited by Raider999 - 09 Nov 2020 at 20:00
RAID ON
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 20:02
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Originally posted by Trailfinder Trailfinder wrote:

Has anyone seen any reasons behind the streaming debacle?

The trouble is, a lot of people will have been put off if this was their first experience of live streaming.

No reason given, but Ealing put out a statement today to say that AOSport had tested the streams ahead of time, but they also apparently failed to even record it.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 07:30
So incompetence on their behalf - doesn't put much faith in them being able to organise a drinking festival at a brewery then. 

But, from a glass half full perspective perhaps AO have learned a lesson and next foray will be significantly better.....
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic