National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

B&I Lions Women's tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B&I Lions Women's tour
    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 13:57
International Women's Day, so an opportunity for the Lions to gain positive headlines/jump on the bandwagon*.

(*delete as appropriate)
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 22:51
It would be amazing if thos was a regional local tour, would be great to introduce younger female players into the game 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 08:04
I think the Lions need to play top class opposition to be the Lions.
The Barbarians can go on tour to a second teir nation.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Camp Freddie View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camp Freddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 14:00
Where would they tour ? New Zealand and would it not be an England team with a few "make weights" from the other home nations ?
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 15:58
Originally posted by Camp Freddie Camp Freddie wrote:

Where would they tour ? New Zealand and would it not be an England team with a few "make weights" from the other home nations ?

Probably the same NZ and Aus but replace SA with USA.

Realistically though, it probably won't be commercially viable unless they play their matches as curtain raisers for the men's team.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 16:02
Are curtain raiser matches viable - surely the boradcaster can fill that time with two pundits waffling and some replays of famous tries.
Sweeney Delenda Est
clieves View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 17:08
I'm not sure curtain raisers bring any extra revenue to a sold out stadium ? I think if they went to NZ, Aus & USA they would be able to generate test match crowds in the region of 20k, with sponsorship and broadcasting that can't be a million miles away?
Oldman1 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 19:12
I have been)as a spectator) 0n three lions tours I would suggest Lady Lions tour same country as men at the same time. Play in the same towns as men the day before the/night before the men. At a guess 30,000 brits already in town to support men will attend the Tuesday/Friday night games. What a tour!1
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 13:27
Originally posted by Oldman1 Oldman1 wrote:

I have been)as a spectator) 0n three lions tours I would suggest Lady Lions tour same country as men at the same time. Play in the same towns as men the day before the/night before the men. At a guess 30,000 brits already in town to support men will attend the Tuesday/Friday night games. What a tour!1

Better make it Thursday night as the Eve of Test Event is on Friday night! Wink
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 13:29
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Originally posted by Oldman1 Oldman1 wrote:

Better make it Thursday night as the Eve of Test Event is on Friday night! Wink

That could be moved to Thursday's or you could have the match ko at 5pm and the event at 8/8:30pm

These things are not insurmountable.
RAID ON
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 16:36
Aside thought 
I didn’t realise, currently Italy Women rank higher than Wales, Ireland and Scotland. Spain rank higher than Scotland.

Maybe during Autumn Internationals this year England v Spain Women before or after an England Mens match?
The older I get, the more the RFU leave me confused.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic