National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Championship Round 15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Championship Round 15
    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 16:31
The New Year has officially started for me...we are back to Rugby this weekend!

Nottingham - Ealing Trailfinders (Fri 19.45)
The rest are all Saturday at 15.00
Bedford Blues - Ampthill
Coventry - Hartpury
Jersey Reds - Doncaster Knights
London Scottish - Richmond

A couple of tasty fixtures this weekend (as always), with a couple of local derbies at Bedford and the RAG, also a mouth watering prospect of the leaders (Donny) travelling to the third place side (Jersey).

It will be great to get back to watching live rugby again.

Stay safe everyone!!
Tackle Low!!!!!
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 22:46
Nottingham 1-5 Ealing
Bedford 5-2 Ampthill
Coventry 1-5 Hartpury
Jersey Reds 5-1 Doncaster 
London Scottish 1-5 Richmond
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 07:45
Nottingham 0-5 Ealing Banker methinks, but would be great if Nottingham turn them over in style
Bedford 2-5 Ampthill I think the visitors are going to do this in a close fixture
Coventry 1-4 Hartpury Cov's injury woes hopefully ending soon
Jersey Reds 1-4 Doncaster A very tight one to call - Bodes will have his tactics right though so as long as the lads follow the game plan we will win the tight encounter
London Scottish 2-5 Richmond Derby game - would have been nice over the Christmas period, thanks fixtures committee (for nothing)
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 09:33
Nottingham 0-5 Ealing
Bedford 5-2 Ampthill
Coventry 4-1 Hartpury
Jersey Reds 4-1 Doncaster 
London Scottish 1-4 Richmond
Old Gold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 12:48
Nottingham 0 - 5 Ealing
Bedford 5 - 2 Ampthill
Coventry 4 - 1 Hartpury
Jersey Reds 5 - 2 Doncaster 
London Scottish 1 - 4 Richmond
One Club
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 16:02
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

London Scottish 2-5 Richmond Derby game - would have been nice over the Christmas period, thanks fixtures committee (for nothing)

The question of local derbies is interesting: would clubs prefer to play their local rivals on Boxing Day/NYD, or are those dates enough of a draw in themselves, with the chance to get two bumper crowds rather than one 'bumper-extra' + one average?

Somewhat reminiscent of the lobbying by publicans in Dublin against the notion of having the Ireland v England game in mid-March at the same time as Paddy's Day, when in most cases they physically couldn't fit any more people in their pubs or sell any more Guinness...
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 16:57
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Nottingham 0-5 Ealing Banker methinks, but would be great if Nottingham turn them over in style</span><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Bedford 2-5 Ampthill I think the visitors are going to do this in a close fixture<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Coventry 1-4 Hartpury Cov's injury woes hopefully ending soon<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Jersey Reds 1-4 Doncaster A very tight one to call - Bodes will have his tactics right though so as long as the lads follow the game plan we will win the tight encounter<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">London Scottish 2-5 Richmond Derby game - would have been nice over the Christmas period, thanks fixtures committee (for nothing)

Not fancying any of the home sides this weekend CPK?
Tackle Low!!!!!
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 17:14
My prediction league is god awful - needed to fly against the norm to hopefully get a surprise full house Big smile
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 20:32
This week’s fixture list is probably the hardest to predict all season but here goes:

Nottingham 0-5 Ealing Trailfinders. A Friday night trip to the River Trent is always tricky for the away side, but if Ealing are serious about going up to the Premiership they should be prepared. I expect them to be, secure a win, and score four tries.
Bedford 3-3 Ampthill. I expect a 4,500 crowd to see a 50-50 draw.
Jersey 4-1 Doncaster. An absolute ding donger. I have watched Doncaster play away twice in the past couple of years. They do not appear to be the same team that plays at home. I therefore expect Jersey to scrape this one.
Coventry 4-1 Hartpury. Despite their injury problems, Coventry are starting to grind out results at home.
London Scottish 1-4 Richmond. LS will give their all for the sake of local pride, but I fear it won’t be enough.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 10:03
Does anyone know if standing at the RAG will be restricted to in front of the stand only, for the LS vs. Richmond game? I prefer standing on the other side of the pitch, but there was no access there on Boxing Day for the Knights game.
Thanks, and apologies if I have posted in the wrong place.
High Heidjin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Heidjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 11:05
Originally posted by All the Way All the Way wrote:

Does anyone know if standing at the RAG will be restricted to in front of the stand only, for the LS vs. Richmond game? I prefer standing on the other side of the pitch, but there was no access there on Boxing Day for the Knights game.
My understanding is the are was blocked off by the stewards on ‘health and safety’ grounds. As you may have noticed, the area in front of the dugouts was badly waterlogged, so it was an understandable situation under the circumstances. I would imagine that all standing areas will be open on Saturday.
The Inner Game Will Win Every Time
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 11:55
Feels like an age since I did predictions:
Nottingham 0 v 5 Ealing - Even though Nottingham are much better at home Ealing should be able to win this comfortably - would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons if there was an upset though!
Bedford 5 v 1 Ampthill - This is always a great contest but Bedford at home with a huge crowd behind them to bring it home.
Jersey 4 v 1 Doncaster - I hate going against my team but I think Jersey may just edge a tight game, much like Donny did in the reverse fixture. Donny need to reproduce their home form on the road.
Coventry 4 v 1 Hartpury - These are the sort of games that I would expect Cov to win at home, bad injury list or not.
London Scottish 2 v 5 Richmond - This will be a great game but Richmond should have enough to take the Derby spoils. Plenty of points and a big crowd I think. 

Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 16:46
I have just realised that I didn't add my guesses, so here goes:

Nottingham 0-5 Ealing … As much as i would love to see this as an upset, anything other than a strong away win would be a shock.
Bedford 5-0 Ampthill … What a great fixture this is, but I will have to back the free-running Blues to win the spoils, especially with a clear, still day forecast.
Coventry 4-1 Hartpury … Cov still trying to get going this season, but I think that they will grind this one out against a determined Hartpury outfit.
Jersey Reds 5-1 Doncaster … Well, normally this would be forecast as a draw, but I am sure that it will be close (this fixture normally is) and could well be decided during time added on. I have to go for my team as you just don't know how the Knights are going to travel these days.
London Scottish 1-4 Richmond … Battle royale at the RAG on Saturday. Really too close to call, but if I have to fall on one side of the fence, it will be for Mond I'm afraid.

Great to be back!
Tackle Low!!!!!
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 19:37
Originally posted by High Heidjin High Heidjin wrote:

Originally posted by All the Way All the Way wrote:

My understanding is the are was blocked off by the stewards on ‘health and safety’ grounds. As you may have noticed, the area in front of the dugouts was badly waterlogged, so it was an understandable situation under the circumstances. I would imagine that all standing areas will be open on Saturday.
Thank you Smile
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 08:30
Nottingham 1-4 Ealing … This could be a tight one but I expect Ealing to win by 3-5 points
Bedford 5-2 Ampthill …Should be a cracker and could go either way - lots of tries
Coventry 4-0 Hartpury … Surely home advantage to secure a home win by about 10 points
Jersey 4-1 Donny … Bodes is the best defense coach in the league imo and knows the ground so well it will be close but I predict a home win by 3-6 points. If SVB is back I will expect a 5-1 result for Jersey 
Scottish 2-2 Richmond … I predict Home advantage will secure a draw but could go either way. Should be a great match between two teams who always give everything to win.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 13 Jan 2022 at 12:14
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 09:37
You've forgotten to predict a draw this week CC!
Cov kid 42 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cov kid 42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 10:59
Cov starting to grind out wins at home despite injuries !! ?
Victory v Hartpury would be the 4th in succession at home. Only Ealing have so far won at the BPA so far.Big smile
John Butler
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 12:12
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

You've forgotten to predict a draw this week CC!
Cheers mate I have now and its probably a banker.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 12:33
Do Scottish have a home advantage over Richmond?
Sweeney Delenda Est
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 13:08

starting 15 for Ealing vs. Nottingham on Friday 14th January - I massively hope that this game goes ahead; last match for Ealing was 11th December. If next week against Coventry goes ahead, then there will have been nearly 50 days between home matches. This week's squad is fine. I think that the front row of Will Davis, Alun Walker, Lewis Thiede is the best that Ealing can put out. Interesting to see Hampson/Shingler starting again, but that's fine. Only concern for me is Northecoat-Green at 6, who was still struggling for fitness after a long injury. Perhaps this break will have given him time to get back to full fitness.

1. Will Davis

2. Alun Walker

3. Lewis Thiede

4. Bobby de Wee

5. Simon Linsell

6. Max Northcote-Green

7. Simon Uzokwe

8. Rayn Smid

9. Craig Hampson

10. Steven Shingler

11. Angus Kernohan

12. Pat Howard