National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Promotion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 05:51
Thx, corrected!
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 14:38
Wonder what the delay is ? 
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 10:52
Think that they were waiting for all the leagues all over the country to be completed, then they may have a rethink, then a difference of opinion, then another rethink, then a committee meeting to decide the exact date of the announcement, which I am led to believe will be sometime week commencing 16th May, so maybe you should be a little patient Happy. Cry

Edited by WESTCOMBE RANGER - 08 May 2022 at 10:53
The older I get, the better I was.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 11:29
You forgot  "mass consultation across the whole game"
I'll be surprised if its 16th May
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 11:45
Silly me !! Cry

Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 12:27
Patience has never been my strong point 
Front Jumper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 13:44
Lets hope the next seasons fixtures are out the same time as usual 
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 19:07
Look out for 6 different leagues from this season being represented in the new league London Cornish will be placed in - will that be matched anywhere else in the country?!
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 14:32
Went out to the relevant North West Clubs today so I'm told.

We are delighted to be able to report that following a constructive process of dialogue and engagement with between the FCS Implementation Commission, clubs, CBs, North DOC and Council Members, the Lancashire and Cheshire clubs that formed the ADM Leagues will be re-joining the English Club Championship (ECC) as of the 2022-23 season. We are working through the final details of the leagues, but we will be welcoming some 40 clubs back to the RFU competitions structure. We can also confirm there will be four levels of leagues (that previously would have been known as level 7-10) and as they will be part of the RFU league pyramid, it will provide a path to promotion to higher playing levels for clubs with the desire to achieve this.

The finalised league structure for the 2022-23 season will be released to the game (along with all other FCS changes) by the 20th May with fixtures being published by mid-June.

FCS Group Chair, Stephen Pearson commented ‘A united English league structure was a key objective at the outset for us. A broader participation of Lancashire and Cheshire clubs, alongside the rest of our clubs in England, will enhance the standing of the Cup and League offering; our National RFU cup champions really will be national champions. Thanks to all those involved in making that happen’

Lancashire’s Director of Rugby Howard Hughes explained. ‘With our continued expansion and the RFU Future Competitions Structure about to be implemented nationally it became clear that it would be mutually beneficial to bring everyone back together. The RFU have delegated powers to the adm League Management Committee (that will include Cheshire and Lancashire representation) and we will continue to keep the structure as vibrant, innovative  and welcoming as it has since its inception.’

Council Member for Cheshire, Colin Free commented 'we are delighted to reunite with Lancashire RFU in the leagues which will see a return of (what was) South Lancs & Cheshire 1, 2 & 3. We have of course continued to work and cooperate with Lancashire and I know that our Clubs who were accepted into the ADM leagues have been grateful and have enjoyed the experience. If it isn’t broken then let’s use the best of everything to allow clubs to progress in the pyramid if they wish to. Thank you to all concerned for their hard work, dedication and fortitude to make this happen. We look forward to a great season starting in September.'

We hope this brings clarity and greater certainty for clubs going into the 2022-23 season and will be welcomed as good news.

Kind regards 

FCS Implementation Commission

Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 15:32
This has got to be excellent news for all concerned
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 15:49
I can't wait for it all to unfold
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 15:51
I think it was the minimum bar for declaring the FCS a success.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 16:31
Originally posted by Front Jumper Front Jumper wrote:

Lets hope the next seasons fixtures are out the same time as usual 

Here's hoping for the end of May. But I suspect there are probably going to be some issues that are going to push it back.
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 08:32
Okay so next Friday the shining leagues will be confirmed.

Looking forward to seeing where clubs around the town end up.

Looking forward to new beginnings.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 09:43
any news on league restructure and teams allocation yet I guess fixtures will be late!!
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 10:00
Structure expected "by 20th May" - fixtures by  "mid June"
I suppose we may experience delay if swamped with appeals (which would appear pointless as I've never heard of one being successful) 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 10:04
I believe variously by 20th May and in the week of 16th May, which are indeed the same thing.
But I do not expect them before Friday.
Sweeney Delenda Est
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:03
Thanks for the info Where will they be published? 
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:15
Thatbloke - there are no appeals allowed with this re-org.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 13:37
Thanks Dickon, I didn't realise that (I wonder if all the clubs do??) in which case we should be on schedule for structure by Friday and fixtures mid-June
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
  Share Topic