National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Promotion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 11:24
I think NE Prem will be more like Alnwick,  Billingham, Cleckheaton, Derby, Doncaster Phoenix, Driffield, Heath, Paviors, Sandal, Sunny Scunny, West Bridgford & York. Only my guess. Possibly Dronfield as opposed to Cleckheaton (who have more points) if they want to have an even split between Mids and North. 

Edited by Friendly prop - 01 May 2022 at 11:25
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 11:46
Originally posted by Friendly prop Friendly prop wrote:

I think NE Prem will be more like Alnwick,  Billingham, Cleckheaton, Derby, Doncaster Phoenix, Driffield, Heath, Paviors, Sandal, Sunny Scunny, West Bridgford & York. Only my guess. Possibly Dronfield as opposed to Cleckheaton (who have more points) if they want to have an even split between Mids and North. 

That’s similar to the expectations the Alnwick President had when they visited us for our North Premier game a few weeks ago.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 10:47
First apologies for not posting this earlier, to get the points on the map, I needed to use coordinates and I failed to save the spreadsheet with names and locations. Always back up your work.

Second, this is NOT official.

Having said that, here are the leagues I came up with. Remember, take with a large pinch of salt.

South West

Brixham
Cambourne
Chew Valley
Devonport Services
Drybrook
Exmouth
Ivybridge
Launceston
Lydney
Okehampton
Old Centralians
Weston-super-mare

London South

Bournemouth
Bracknell
Brighton
Camberley
Civil Service
Havant
Medway
Royal Wooton Bassett
Sutton & Epsom
Tunbridge Wells
Westcombe Park
Wimbledon

London North

Banbury
Bedford Athletic
Colchester
Harpenden
Hertford
London Welsh
Maidenhead
Oxford Harlequins
Shelford
Sidcup
Sudbury
Tring

Midlands

Broadstreet
Bromsgrove
Burton
Derby
Dudley Kingswinford
Kennilworth
Lichfield
Nuneaton
Pavoirs
Peterborough
Syston
West Bridgeford

North West

Bridgenorth
Burnage
Firwood Waterloo
Lymm
Macclesfield
Manchester
Northwich
Rossendale
Sandbach
Stockport
Stoke on Trent
Wirral

North

Alnwick
Billingham
Blackburn
Cleckheaton
Doncaster Phoenix
Driffield
Heath
Ilkley
Kirby Lonsdale
Sandal
SKiwifruithorpe
York

Sweeney Delenda Est
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 10:54
I think that the make-up of the leagues is going to be more fluid year-by-year as we don't have the structure in place for teams to feed from L6 to L5 and from there to L4. I know we've always had level transfers, but if you look at the situation with where Chester are likely to be placed, I do feel that the powers-that-be will review and potentially rearrange the boundaries every season to get a best fit. 
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 10:56
Civil Service may switch with Sidcup, assuming CS are still going. 

Plenty of new away grounds to visit either way.Smile
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 12:19
Yes, there are no level transfers, they simply redraw the leagues each year.
Now I think that will also see the same sides swapping leagues over time, albeit slightly different ones than when there were four leagues.
Sweeney Delenda Est
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 18:02
Wondering where Oundle have gone to?
Or has Peterborough post code overwritten Oundle?

Edited by kempstonblue - 02 May 2022 at 18:06
Looking forward to new beginnings.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 18:11
Yes I mean Oundle  not Peterborough, apologies to Oundle.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Front Jumper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 19:08
Any news on Level 6 teams yet?
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 20:03
Originally posted by Front Jumper Front Jumper wrote:

Any news on Level 6 teams yet?

Am just getting my head around the 72 level 5s.
Isn’t it 12x12 level 6 leagues?
Looking forward to new beginnings.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 20:20
I believe that is correct and could be interesting 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 21:02
If I get time, I might take a guess at the Southern leagues, but we are waiting for announcements from Lancashire, which could have huge impacts on the Northern leagues.

Level 7 is 16 leagues, but really depends on which counties have accepted 2nd XVs
Sweeney Delenda Est
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 08:57
Here's a link to a post from a couple of months ago which shows the draft leagues at L5 at that point in time:
A few things have changed since then, but it gives you an overall view of the likely boundaries.

Edited by Mark W-J - 03 May 2022 at 08:59
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 10:04
Yes I have seen that before. The SW - Thornbury and St Austell dropout and replacements will be Lydney and Devonport Services. But Level 6 becomes more interesting I would think! 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 11:33
Is Level 6 sticking to the current divisions, or is there scope for some sorting out on the margins?

The boundary between London and South West is currently based on Victorian rail timetables, with the clubs served from Waterloo being in London and those from Paddington and Marylebone in South West.

So Eastleigh is i London and Windsor in the South West.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 13:31
Not quite correct, Camquin, it's the CBs of which they are members. Eastleigh is in Hampshire which is London Division; Windsor is Berkshire which is South West Division. Mind you that's boring, yours is much more fun!

I remember the late, great Chalky White saying when he was working for the RFU in the South West that the Division was ridiculous, it stretched from Land's End (great rugby team) to within 8 miles of Twickenham (Berkshire) and 12 miles from the centre of Birmingham (Oxfordshire)! 

At least the new system begins to break those CB strangleholds.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 14:41
Yes, but I think my answer explain why Berkshire is in the South West. Until Beeching many teams will have travelled by train not coach.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 17:51
Level 6
Best guess.
The yellow pins might be replaced with Lancashire sides if they come back on board - do I here avian pocines.

London

South West

Midlands

North

Sweeney Delenda Est
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 18:25
Norwich are the new Redruth as the mileage outlier - lets hope RFU stump up some £ for travel. Is it 250 miles round trip as the trigger?
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 19:30
Last summer it was 150 miles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
  Share Topic