National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Promotion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 19:43
I was surprised by the lack of Kent clubs at this level.
I am also not sure how they will draw boundaries, nothing leaps out.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 19:46
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

I was surprised by the lack of Kent clubs at this level.
I am also not sure how they will draw boundaries, nothing leaps out.

Either all went up or went down it seems. I remember 10 years ago, it was almost all Kent clubs. TW, Maidstone, Dover, Aylesford, Thanet etc.
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 23:05
This was the update I received from the RFU as Club Secretary in March

Our north west bit is/was/might be

1. Blackburn
2. Burnage
3. Kendal
4. Kirkby Lonsdale
5. Lymm
6. Macclesfield
7. Manchester
8. Northwich
9. Sandbach   
10. Stockport
11. Rossendale
12. Wirral
Front Jumper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 09:23
At level 6 down in the south west it looks like Cornwall Devon and most of Somerset with Gloucester and Bristol going to the eastern part. As always no confirmation!
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:17
FJ - 3 Cornish sides, 4 Devonian, 4 Soms, 1 Dorset.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:49
OK thanks for the info but what clubs are they and is that agreed
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 11:20
I confess that National One rugby is exciting but the opportunity to see local rugby - almost local derbies - every week is tempting. I end up supporting two teams! 
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 12:15
FJ
My guess would be the twelve most Westerly clubs:

Truro
Wadebridge Camels
St Austell
Crediton
Newton Abbot
Teignmouth
Sidmouth
Wellington
North Petherton
Bridgwater & Albion
Gordano
Sherborne

Sweeney Delenda Est
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 12:44
Close Camquin, but no cigar!

Truro

Wadebridge Camels
St Austell
Crediton
Newton Abbot
Teignmouth
Sidmouth
Wellington
North Petherton
Bridgwater & Albion
Chard
Sherborne
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 12:54
Did Chard make the cut?
They ended up fifth in Western Counties North.
I thought only the top four were going up.
Obviously, they would be preferable to Gordano on distance.
Sweeney Delenda Est
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 13:05
The RFU has disposition to promote any club it likes if it evens up the geographical distribution of a league for this re-org. No appeals are allowed and, as has been discussed elsewhere, the idea that a DoR can spend time working out what will be required to gain promotion over a period of seasons from any given league is removed by the fact that all clubs at a given level each season will be thrown up in the air and the leagues redrawn again, a bigger issue for the Midlands and London divisions as some clubs like ours straddle 2 or 3 leagues. As for it being in the name of reducing travel, just wait until this is all confirmed cos there are some horrendous trips awaiting some I can promise you...
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 18:07
Well I guess we all have to wait until Twickers says this is how it will be !!!!
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 11:57
Originally posted by DICKON DICKON wrote:

The RFU has disposition to promote any club it likes if it evens up the geographical distribution of a league for this re-org.
Another poster mentioned having heard this rumour a few weeks ago, and I confidently dismissed it as the kind of nonsense some people like to throw into the mix on these boards just to stir things up.  Must admit, that is some pretty messed-up thinking.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 12:04
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

The RFU has disposition to promote any club it likes if it evens up the geographical distribution of a league for this re-org.
Another poster mentioned having heard this rumour a few weeks ago, and I confidently dismissed it as the kind of nonsense some people like to throw into the mix on these boards just to stir things up.  Must admit, that is some pretty messed-up thinking.

Fairly sure there has to be a law against that sort of thing. Manipulating competition or something like that. If North Walsham got passed over for promotion because the RFU said "Sorry, but north Norfolk isn't a convenient place for us to send teams to go, we'll promote Hertford instead", they'd rightly be a bit peeved.

Edited by Robb - 05 May 2022 at 12:05
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 13:07
I did check this point. Not only does the RFU have the right to promote or refuse promotion but individual Clubs have the right to refuse promotion as well. I believe the RFU should be releasing the new structure this week after the conclusion of disciplinary investigations.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 15:09
If they do release the new structure this week will it then be subjected to appeals or will the fixtures then be drawn up or what!
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 22:28
Originally posted by Front Jumper Front Jumper wrote:

If they do release the new structure this week will it then be subjected to appeals or will the fixtures then be drawn up or what!

I think I read somewhere there is no right of appeal against the decisions - not sure if this is correct or not.
RAID ON
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 22:46
There will be no right of appeal. Details will be announced week beginning 16th May.

Edited by DICKON - 07 May 2022 at 05:51
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 22:50
The best bit is that at the end of each season, once promotions snd relegations have been accounted for, all clubs at each level are thrown up in the air again and new leagues constituted. I have been banging on about what a huge shiite fest this re-org will be for over 2 years on this site. Now it is here we all have to just deal with it the best we can, despite its shortcomings. There is a review hard baked into it in 3 seasons time.

Edited by DICKON - 06 May 2022 at 22:50
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 23:04

There will be no right of appeal. Details will be announced week beginning 16th April.
16th May!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>
  Share Topic