National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2022-23 league teams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gopher72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2022-23 league teams
    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 16:45
I have been shown the proposed new team lists for the 2022-23 season. Where can I find them please.
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 16:50
Northern RFU twitter
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 18:41
Originally posted by dropout22 dropout22 wrote:

Northern RFU twitter

Nothing on Northern twitter
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 19:25
Oh right - i'll see if i can still find the tweet where i saw it.
Red over White View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Otley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red over White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 10:08
Find the NORTHPREMIER1 twitter site, posted on18 March

Edited by Red over White - 22 Mar 2022 at 10:10
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 10:48
Sweeney Delenda Est
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 14:15
Interesting fixtures, but laughable if they think Barnstaple are closer to Chester than St Albans or Bury St Edmunds
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 14:44
And you can add a few more hours on for Redruth and Exeter. Think it's the Midlands Premier that's causing the havoc for Chester. They needed Bromsgrove and/or Bridgnorth to be in the promotion mix rather than Sheffield. Maybe Sheff going to South East and Chester staying North would make more sense. Thing is it will all change right upto the final Saturday when the exact 42 clubs will be known whereupon the RFU will press its little red button for mileages and hey presto we will all learn our fate so maybe we are huffing and puffing and stressing needlessly with all this speculation - fun though!! 

Edited by Thatbloke - 22 Mar 2022 at 14:50
Thunderbird View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 14:52
Interesting LOL
Bury to Chester 218 miles
Chester to Barnstaple 267 miles. 

But there again geography has never been a strong point of the RFU. 

The spanner in the works is that it looks increasingly likely that Esher will get promoted and not Redruth.
Redruth to Chester 342 miles . So what Bury loose in a 750 mile round trip Chester gain. 

People are paid to think up this rubbishAngry

Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 16:17
You are never going to have a structure that suits everyone.

You are never going to have a perfect geographical boundary line that suits everyone. 

Whatever is decided is guaranteed to upset someone. 

Just put up with it until the next reorganisation, you probably won't have to wait too long. 

I don't understand how you can call three regional leagues 'National'.

Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 16:58
Oundle in with Tunbridge Wells!? Are they sure? Hardly shortening travel distances, this seems to be increasing them for the lower leagues! Almost like its some sort of self-sabotage
Dagfish View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dagfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 22:24
Interesting that the teams currently in Midlands 1 Premier are spread across 6 different leagues in this new structure!
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 00:18
Richard. A league including both Chester and Barnstaple & or Redruth is by definition National. 

To support such a thing is indefensible. The whole idea of regionalised leagues is the ability to save on travel and hotel expenses, without even considering the so called “community game” is full of part time players. 

Then there is the issue of playing ability. Due to the imbalances the 100 point thrashings are going to return which is of no use whatsoever. 

Player welfare. Excess travel. Mismatched teams. Not enough meaningful home games. The lifeblood of a community club is its clubhouse and its relationship with the community it serves so more home games are what is required, not less. 

You say some clubs are not going to be happy, but then you effectively say “suck it up” it will change anyway.

What’s the point of that? Less games, higher costs. Great business sense. The game is broken I would say, apart from National 2 North & South which are great leagues and fiercely competitive.

The Championship is broken. National 1 is broken. It should not be a National League. Yet what solution do they offer? Under the premise of regionalisation they break up the only leagues (National 2 N & S) that are structured correctly in my humble opinion.

Edited by Rothman2 - 23 Mar 2022 at 00:22
As one door closes…….another one slams in your face.
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 03:51
Originally posted by Red over White Red over White wrote:

Find the NORTHPREMIER1 twitter site, posted on18 March

Thanks for that. 

Can anyone remind me of the commercial / business model that offers just 11 Home games for the Regional leagues?

Will we see the rise of the Fixture Pool Secretary for another 5 fixtures where teams might meet each other again or nearer opposition from other Regional leagues?

Edited by FHLH - 23 Mar 2022 at 03:55
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 06:47
Is there not a cup competition alongside of the league?
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 09:32
For the 72 level 5 and the top 18 level 6 teams the cup takes the from of a 5-team pool with home or away games. So two home and two away.  Then a semi-final and final. The pools are tiered, so you are guaranteed to be playing teams from other divisions, So the away trips will be long.

For the remaining, 126 level 6 teams, there is a national knockout cup, with a plate for the first round losers. I am not sure if the two empty slots will be filled with level 7 clubs, or be byes.
For teams below level 6, there are semi-national cups - again with a plate.

Edited by Camquin - 23 Mar 2022 at 09:33
Sweeney Delenda Est
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 13:53
Is it not time for all of the Level 4 Northern Clubs to get together and petition the RFU via the NCA for Chester to remain in the North.

My Club has had this discussion with Rotherham and we agree that we must make our feelings known, on Chester's behalf.
It may make no difference at all to the RFU but we must try.
All Knwoing All Seeing
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 14:32
Originally posted by Thunderbird Thunderbird wrote:

Interesting LOL
Bury to Chester 218 miles
Chester to Barnstaple 267 miles. 

But there again geography has never been a strong point of the RFU. 

As a matter of interest what is a strong point of the RFU?
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 14:46
Sid, the time to have raised this was I am afraid May 2021 when it was first mooted that Chester  would be put in the South West. Then we might have had a fighting chance of getting it changed.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 17:39
AND it still might not happen!! Unless my maths is wrong
Promotion from Nat1 - 1 club still unknown (maybe 2 - Ealing/Donny appeal result pending)
Relegation from Nat1 - Yes but who will it be?
2 clubs promoted from Nat2 - still wide open
Relegation from Nat2 - None
Promotion from RPM's 10 clubs, maybe 11? To date there isn't a single club from this level guaranteed promotion so it's all still guesswork
Agree entirely with Camquin - time to petition well and truly passed but even if the time WAS right Sid how can you petition on the basis of what might happen? 
All the clubs who have been level-transferred in the past are probably chuckling in their beer at this apparent outrage. Whatever the end result there will inevitably be clubs who will be upset but sadly that's the way the cookie crumbles and if indeed it does turn out to be Chester heading South West then so be it

Edited by Thatbloke - 23 Mar 2022 at 19:07
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic