National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Thank you Rotherham Titans!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hare today! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank you Rotherham Titans!
    Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 16:34

In a show of remarkable support for Chester RUFC, Rotherham Titans have sponsored our captain, Harry Wilkinson. In common with other northern clubs in our league, they are massively disappointed that we will not be playing them again next season and for who knows how long after that?
On being told of the news, Wilko said: "Not only have they expressed their opinion regarding our place within next season’s proposed league restructure but they have also actively canvassed the thoughts of numerous clubs within the north in an attempt to keep us in National 2 North .
This is extremely gratifying and I hope shows how valued we are in the current structure. They have shown even more support and solidarity for us by sponsoring me personally, which is a huge gesture and one we are all grateful for."
Titans' chairman Nick Clegg responded by saying: “ Rotherham Titans proudly sponsor Harry Wilkinson and Chester RUFC - our ‘home from home'

Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 17:24
I was just reading this in the programme for tomorrow's game.

A touch of class there from the Rotherham Chairman, a sentiment also expressed by the guys over at Sedgley Park last weekend. 
jimbojetset View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbojetset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 19:01
Nick has always been a class act but, This is just brilliant!
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 19:20
Originally posted by Hare today! Hare today! wrote:

In a show of remarkable support for Chester RUFC, Rotherham Titans have sponsored our captain, Harry Wilkinson. In common with other northern clubs in our league, they are massively disappointed that we will not be playing them again next season and for who knows how long after that?
On being told of the news, Wilko said: "Not only have they expressed their opinion regarding our place within next season’s proposed league restructure but they have also actively canvassed the thoughts of numerous clubs within the north in an attempt to keep us in National 2 North .
This is extremely gratifying and I hope shows how valued we are in the current structure. They have shown even more support and solidarity for us by sponsoring me personally, which is a huge gesture and one we are all grateful for."
Titans' chairman Nick Clegg responded by saying: “ Rotherham Titans proudly sponsor Harry Wilkinson and Chester RUFC - our ‘home from home'

I missed the news that Nick Cragg had quit his role at Clifton Lane & been replaced by the former Liberal Democrat leader... LOL
Mrs Oliphant View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Oliphant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 19:35
Deva,
As one of the spokespersons for a Midland Club currently in National Two North I would enjoy you guys joining us in Midlands South West next year despite the fact you will still be going twice up the Toon.
Three trips downhill to Bristol must surely be attractive plus a "down the road" trip to Newport ..more so we would miss the breakfast at The Grosvenor.
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 21:15
Originally posted by Mrs Oliphant Mrs Oliphant wrote:

Deva,
As one of the spokespersons for a Midland Club currently in National Two North I would enjoy you guys joining us in Midlands South West next year despite the fact you will still be going twice up the Toon.
Three trips downhill to Bristol must surely be attractive plus a "down the road" trip to Newport ..more so we would miss the breakfast at The Grosvenor.
The Midlands and Newport games are top of my list for when the fixture list comes out, always enjoy the trips down to Stour and Lucs. If things fall in my favour I hope to add any Birmingham sides to my list as thus far I've not managed to get over for any.

It would be good to get some supporter's trips organised, not something we've really done in the time I've been coming to games but I think there's an appetite for it - it certainly is with the guys I sit with - especially now the travel will be significantly more than we're used to, cost and distance.

I've not had the pleasure of breakfast in the Grosvenor, not sure they'd let me in if I tried LOL
Hare today! View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hare today! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 21:18
Apologies, typo it is of course Nick Cragg. Point remains though absolute quality gesture and true rugby family camaraderie. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic