National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National League 2 Signings 2022 - 23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 20:44
Sam Evans, Robbie Ure Blackheath to Worthing
So many Christians not enough Lions
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 10:02
Barnes have been busy with their recruitment this season.

A number of new faces, as they commenced week 2 of pre-season. 
With 40 in attendance training.

FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 13:00
Originally posted by Rabbie Burns Rabbie Burns wrote:

Obviously not looking in the correct place Fez Ant, Blackheath have made weekly announcements during May/June on Twitter/instagram/you tube and can still be linked from Blackheath website. I know Worthing have put some signings on Instagram

Apologies Rabbie. I had seen the Twitter/Instagram and Utube feeds from Blackheath and also North Walsham, but everything is very quiet elsewhere. Maybe with the new league looking so tough others are  keeping their powder dry.  
Fezantplucker
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 13:20
Jasper Smith (flanker) from Stourbridge to Moseley
"What I need is a strong drink and a peer group"
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 15:56

Leicester Lions new signing

Seyi Ajeigbe signs from Westcliff where he had an impressive campaign last season in National 2 South. Seyi is lightning fast and can step off both feet. He represented London & SE U18's and more recently played for Germany U20's.

Head coach Gareth Collins commented: ''Seyi is a player with X-factor so I'm delighted to have him involved this year. He trained with us during the 2020/21 season that never happened and really impressed us with his speed and running ability. He joined Westcliff whilst he took a year away from his studies last season but we stayed in contact and I was impressed by the footage I saw of him and indeed when he played against us.''

Seyi commented: ''I am delighted to start a new chapter of my career at the Lions. Hopefully I can help the team achieve some silverware and make my teammates and the supporters proud.''

Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 17:27
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Leicester Lions new signing

Seyi Ajeigbe signs from Westcliff where he had an impressive campaign last season in National 2 South. 

3 starts, 1 sub appearance and no tries.
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 14:17
Is Gareth Collins related to Boris Johnson?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 18:25
If he's good enough to get in the side, fine, if he scores the winning try that gets us promoted to Nat1 I'll let you know for sure.
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 18:28
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

No. it seems I am! I realised I had used info from Statbunker which is hopelessly out of date Happy to correct that according to GMS he had 16 starts, 3 sub appearances and scored 4 tries.

Apologies and red face - unlike Boris!!
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 14:10
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

No. it seems I am! I realised I had used info from Statbunker which is hopelessly out of date Happy to correct that according to GMS he had 16 starts, 3 sub appearances and scored 4 tries.

Apologies and red face - unlike Boris!!

No you definitely aren't related to Boris as you admitted you got it wrong Halliford!

But never ever rely on Statbunker.

Edited by WEvans - 09 Jul 2022 at 14:11
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 09:09
Leicester Lions new signing prop Tom Williams

Tom began his National League career with Leicester Lions in 2010, playing 96 games across four seasons before pursuing a full-time rugby career by moving to Bedford in the Championship. Following three seasons there he moved to Rotherham Titans who were also in the Championship. Most recently he signed for Blackheath in National One as a player/coach where he has been for the last four years. Tom was also capped by England Counties in 2019 when he toured Georgia with the National League representative side.

Tom joins the Lions as a player/assistant coach and will assist lead forwards coach Dale Ager with the forwards.

Head Coach Gareth Collins commented: ''I am delighted to have got Tom back on board with us. He joined the club in 2010 when I was captain and I was impressed by his ability from day one. He is a consummate professional and it was no surprise that he's had such a successful career. He's a renowned scrummager but also has a very good rugby brain. He thinks deeply about the game and will be a great addition to both our playing and coaching group.''

Tom commented: ''After a few conversations with my old captain Gaz, and listening to his passion and ambition for the club, coming home to the Lions became an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. I was excited by the foundations for success that he has clearly already laid and I'm looking forward to getting involved and pulling the jersey on again.''

Edited by tigerburnie - 16 Jul 2022 at 09:09
GreenThrough&Through View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenThrough&Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 22:20
Robbie Davidson (Outside Back) returns to Wharfedale from Sheffield Tigers.

dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 17:35
Ethan Harbinson, Ryan Nixon, Pontus Assarson & Jack Blackmore all join Barnes from Richmond. Ethan was part of the 2021/2022 championship squad.

Ryan has 15 first xv caps to his name
Pontus is a Swedish international recently gaining promotion to the Rugby Europe 2nd Tier comp.
Jack played a number of times for the Vikings XV last season
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 17:38
Originally posted by FEZ ANT PLUCKER FEZ ANT PLUCKER wrote:

With most clubs back to pre-season training, there must have been a lot of activity in N2E. With teams so relatively close I would love to hear from anyone with News. Canterbury, Tonbridge Judds, Blackheath, Sevenoaks, Dorking and Worthing are all within shouting distance of each other and will all be hoping to start well. The silence is deafening....  

From a chat with an ex player, i understand Dorking have signed (their words)

1 South African, an army player & they will also have a couple players also on D/R from Quins

Kentish Man View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentish Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 09:25
Other than no Southern Africa and No Quins D/R's pretty accurate !!!
Pilier View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 13:02
Rumours from sleepy hollow in the west country

Exeter University (the new Hartpury) ? sign Italian Under 20 Captain

Giant Old Reds second row Smith moving to Cpventry

Clifton sign Coventry centre
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 15:35
Originally posted by dropout22 dropout22 wrote:

Originally posted by FEZ ANT PLUCKER FEZ ANT PLUCKER wrote:

With most clubs back to pre-season training, there must have been a lot of activity in N2E. With teams so relatively close I would love to hear from anyone with News. Canterbury, Tonbridge Judds, Blackheath, Sevenoaks, Dorking and Worthing are all within shouting distance of each other and will all be hoping to start well. The silence is deafening....  

From a chat with an ex player, i understand Dorking have signed (their words)

1 South African, an army player & they will also have a couple players also on D/R from Quins

Nothing official released to the membership at the moment other than adding Dylan Armytage to the coaching staff. Rumour has it that a lot of players have joined and that competition is intense with large numbers at pre season training. Dorking have 2 pre-season friendlies away at Stourbridge RFC on 13th August and Sutton & Epsom at home on 20th August. 
Fezantplucker
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 09:08
Is he any relations to Delon Armitage ? 
GreenThrough&Through View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenThrough&Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 09:49
Rian Hamilton (Back 3) leaves Wharfedale for Cambridge.

Superb player; elusive runner who'll take some replacing. Hope to see him flourish in Nat 1.
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 11:07
Originally posted by Happy Happy wrote:

Is he any relations to Delon Armitage ? 
One of either Stefon, Guy or Delon. 
Cauliflower ear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic