National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Championship 2022-2023 signings and departures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 14:34
Jack Davies leaving Donny for Pury 
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 15:45
Ealing continue to drip-feed announcements. Backrow/2nd Row Rob Farrar signs from Newcastle, as does Will Montgomery, also a back/2nd row. Both are the sorts of young players who get regular appearances, but rare starts as far as I can tell. Not sure why Ealing have raided Newcastle so hard recently, but I wonder if there has been more focus on English talent this year due to having many of the young talents that they signed from South Africa head back home after one season.

Also four academy players were signed to senior contracts: Harry Dugmore, Cam Terry (hooker who scored 5 tries in the cup), Tom Georgiou, and Isaac Shaw.
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 16:31
Harry Dugmore will be one to watch had a great season on loan at Blackheath with a couple of Kgs and a little wisdom will be superb
So many Christians not enough Lions
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 18:49
News from Coventry today:-

Fourteen players leaving.
tbf this includes the 3 retiring, previously announced, and 3 loan players.

One player retention announced - Lock, James Tyas, signed mid season from London Scottish.

One new signing announced - Tight Head prop Harry Seward from Ealing Trailfinders.

The departing list...

Ryan Burrows, Tony Fenner, Phil Boulton, Will Owen, Luc Jeannot, Andy Forsyth, Nile Dacres, Rob Knox, Josh Barton, Rob Stevenson, Tom Emery, Joe Richardson, Sam Aspland-Robinson and Tom Stanton 

OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 13:28
Another Coventry signing.
Will Biggs (hooker) Bedford to Coventry.

I suspect there will be another retention anouncwd in an hour or two.
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 13:46
Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

One player retention announced - Lock, James Tyas, signed mid season from London Scottish.

One new signing announced - Tight Head prop Harry Seward from Ealing Trailfinders.

The departing list...

Ryan Burrows, Tony Fenner, Phil Boulton, Will Owen, Luc Jeannot, Andy Forsyth, Nile Dacres, Rob Knox, Josh Barton, Rob Stevenson, Tom Emery, Joe Richardson, Sam Aspland-Robinson and Tom Stanton 

Place your bets now for how many (if any) bob up (back, in some cases) at Mose.
keep the faith
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 13:53
Originally posted by billesleyexile billesleyexile wrote:

The departing list...

I think I remember Will Owen and Nile Dacres playing for us.  But Kimbo is hinting that Rob Knox may be heading our way.  He appears to be a centre, apart from that I know little about him.
"What I need is a strong drink and a peer group"
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 14:18
Originally posted by CJB1 CJB1 wrote:

The departing list...

I think I remember Will Owen and Nile Dacres playing for us.  But Kimbo is hinting that Rob Knox may be heading our way.  He appears to be a centre, apart from that I know little about him.

You picked the same two I did. 

Didn't Dacres have a nasty injury the other season? He was quite promising when in Red and Black I always thought.
keep the faith
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 14:23
Dacres was an excellent lineout player, perhaps slightly less effective in the loose -although he did turn up on a lot of my photos of the action.

He spent an awful lot of this last season injured though and I have no idea how his recovery was going. I am sorry to see hileave, but it's not a great surprise. He was a player I enjoyed watching play.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 15:24

The departing list...

Not a hint.
He's played well this season, and will go well for you.
Our City,
Our Club
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 16:04

Dacres was an excellent lineout player, perhaps slightly less effective in the loose -although he did turn up on a lot of my photos of the action.

'turn up' is how I remember him - one of a number of our players at that time who just used to pop up all over the pitch regardless of where they 'should' be - George Oram would be another one of those, as would Jack Preece.

Bags of energy.

Edited by billesleyexile - 31 May 2022 at 16:04
keep the faith
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 17:18
[QUOTE=OldNick]Another Coventry signing.
Will Biggs (hooker) Bedford to Coventry.

I suspect there will be another retention anouncwd in an hour or two.
[/QUOTE
He Played for Moseley before move to Bedford. 
Cauliflower ear.
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 17:54
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

The departing list...

Not a hint.
He's played well this season, and will go well for you.
I hear you, but will wait for the official announcement from Mose.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 17:57
Another announcement. Either-side young prop Ollie Andrews joins from Cardiff Met.
He previously played for Cov as injury cover against Doncaster this season, and impressed then.
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 21:43

The departing list...

Rob Knox is a great player seems to have an ability to give himself so much time and space on the ball. Great decision maker and seems to see gaps that shouldn’t be there. Nile Dacres must be one of the top defensive line out operatives in the championship or national 1, when he was partnered with Tom Jubb they offered a distinctly difficult second row to play against
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 11:12
Originally posted by front5 front5 wrote:

Rob Knox is a great player seems to have an ability to give himself so much time and space on the ball. Great decision maker and seems to see gaps that shouldn’t be there. Nile Dacres must be one of the top defensive line out operatives in the championship or national 1, when he was partnered with Tom Jubb they offered a distinctly difficult second row to play against
I'm liking the sound of him already, let's hope that all the i's have been dotted and t's crossed on the contract.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 12:28
He's a good bloke, reasonably local, not quite as fast as he once was, but can still break tackles, and has a very good long kick for those 50m+ penalties. He should be very useful to you.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 16:01
I'd forgotten Knocker's monster kicks. Haven't seen one for  a while. I think we were all a little bemused the first time he stepped up for one, but there was no doubting his ability after the first.
I'll miss those!
Our City,
Our Club
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 18:08
Today's two announcements from Coventry.
Lock, Rhys Thomas retained and promoted from the Academy to the full team.

Hooker Jordan Poole, previously a loaner from Exeter signed to Coventry.
The latter had been signposted during the cup when he started as Captain on two occasions, despite being a loan player.

Both players are very welcome retentions.
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 18:32

He's a good bloke, reasonably local, not quite as fast as he once was, but can still break tackles, and has a very good long kick for those 50m+ penalties. He should be very useful to you.
The speed issue probably won't matter so much in National League 1, but monster kicks could be very useful.  Our kickers have been decent, but long range hasn't been an option for them unless there's been a strong trailing wind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic