National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Welcome to CALDY Rugby Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 09:00
Your bar manager will need to stock up on Moët when Big Eddie and the Wirral mafia come visiting Clown
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 08:16
I am very much looking forward to making acquaintances with Caldy Supporters and going to visit their ground - praying for a favourable date when Mrs CPK hasn't "arranged" an alternative fixture for me to attend (fixture = something other than rugby when it comes to her indoors).
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 21:53
Hear hear SK!!! 
Give him one with handles on
SKalpy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKalpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 21:13
No. 7, It is not a big step, it is massive.

Having made that step up way back in 2004 (and staying there until 2009) all I can say is only the following.  Caldy will compete, they will enjoy themselves, the staff, players and fans who follow them will make lifelong friends and have wonderful memories that will last forever. I wish them all the best.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 20:27
Well done to caldy ( formed in 1924 ) a brilliant achievment . I am looking forward to visiting the area on the away game. Ealing Trailfinders struggled to get a foot hold in our first season in the Championship and were relegated. There was an open meeting at the club and the supporters were given the chance to ask questions of the coaching staff that included Ben Ward ( backs coach ) and Mike Cudmore , Head coach DOR. It was stated that we needed three new players in three key positions. These were hooker, Number 8 and a scrum half.
I can remember they recruited an Rumanian international hooker and a Number 8 from Ulster ( ex Ealing minis and youth player, Shaun O' Connell. They both made a huge impact and nearly turned our first season around but unfortunately other fixtures did not go our way. 

Best of luck to Caldy but it is obviously a big step up but challenging.

Edited by No 7 - 18 May 2022 at 20:38
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic