National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Regional 1 South East 2022/2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 21:12
What a S***show. It may be a bit of self interest, bearing where we are in the league at the moment, but I'd rather have four more league games than that nonsense.
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 19:24
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

All clubs who choose to enter play in a pool of 4 against the teams that finished in a roughly equivalent position in South East/Central/South West (and same in the north). (2 South Pools and 2 North Pools) They play each other once with 1 guaranteed home game in the pool stage. Pool winners play-off in the semi-final against fellow South pool winners and then play the North champions at some big venue (Twickers for the Teams in the Top 2, unknow for the others)
Cheers - much more succinct than anything I'd managed so far!
pmarsh224 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmarsh224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 20:24
WP return to form with a vengeance, their highest points in a game this season…. and with Tring delivering a massive result @ Colchester it’s looking good….
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 11:23
I'm sure our friends at T wells would love to ruin it 😂
pmarsh224 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmarsh224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 12:41
Troo, but lost 3 of last 4 games, including  2 x serious hidings,,, 

Tho looking at last 4/6 weeks of results, everyone is beating everyone else. 

Medway @ Tring, Tring @ Colchester, Hertford @ WP… would anyone bet their house on these away wins,,,

Love it !!!!
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 21:00
Things getting interesting at the bottom too now that CS have been dragged back into the mix. Sudbury probably safe, but some big games still to come down there too.

Fantastic crowd at Hertford on Saturday. Funnily enough, the match turned when we got a yellow card and yet another penalty against us 5m from our goal line. Sidcup rightly went for the scrum, conceded a penalty, and 2 minutes later we scored. Instead of being 10-7 up, they were 14-3 down. Completely set the tone for the rest of the game.

Our young team have absolutely been through the grinder at times this season but they will emerge from it so much stronger. If we do stay up, us oldies are already getting excited about next season LOL
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 09:12
The remaining fixtures provide interesting reading and lots of combinations, given that Medway can only get to 42 points if they win all their remaining 4 games with a bonus point, which would mean they will have beaten Sidcup and Hertford along the way !! Unlikely in my opinion given they have gained no try bonus points so far. 
Hertford - 37 points - Points difference -87
Away at Harpenden,
Away at Sudbury,
Home to Medway
Home to Colchester. 
CS Stags - 37 points - Points difference -114
Away to Sidcup
Home to Sudbury
Sidcup - 29 points - Points difference -197
Away at Medway
Home to CS Stags
Away to Westcombe Park
The key match is on 4th March when Sidcup host CS Stags. 
A BP win for Stags sees them safe, and I wonder whether CS Stags were holding certain players back last Saturday in preparation for this one. It would also mean that if Sidcup were to have lost and got two bonus points and had got a 5 point win Away at Medway, then Hertford would only need 5 points (possibly only 4 given the points differences) from their 4 games
Similarly a loss for Stags with 2 bonus points and a bonus point win over Sudbury would mean Hertford would need 7 points (possibly 6 given the points differences) from their 4 games.
And finally Sidcup's final game of the season is away at Westcombe Park - Always a very nice, friendly game. I don't wish to predict the outcome of that one
So don't worry Carlos, your fate is in your own hands, 7 points guarantees you stay up.

The older I get, the better I was.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 18:17
So many variables. I'd like to think we should be capable of 7 or 8 points from those four games;  specially after our recent run of form. That came just at the right time.

I'm sure our friends at Harpenden will oblige.  LOL  

(For those south of the Thames, Harpenden is our nearest away game even though Tring is our biggest rivalry).
@boatyjames View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @boatyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 08:52
Hi Carlos - I thought Hertford’s biggest rivals were Stortford?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 09:02
Originally posted by carlos fandango carlos fandango wrote:

So many variables. I'd like to think we should be capable of 7 or 8 points from those four games;  specially after our recent run of form. That came just at the right time.

I'm sure our friends at Harpenden will oblige.  LOL  

(For those south of the Thames, Harpenden is our nearest away game even though Tring is our biggest rivalry).
What have Tring done to upset you ? I thought Eton Manor were your least favourites at present Wink 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 15:45
Sadly Stortford have moved too far above us at first team level. Lower teams still knock seven bells out of each other on a regular basis. 

Tring don't upset us. Two noisy, opinionated, one-eyed sets of supporters who clearly know that their club is the best in Herts. What's not to love about them. LOL

Going back a few years it was Cheshunt who got the special welcome. Funny how these things change.

Our second XV played Eton Manor seconds last week. Like an old school reunion. Thumbs Up
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 16:06
Originally posted by carlos fandango carlos fandango wrote:

Sadly Stortford have moved too far above us at first team level. Lower teams still knock seven bells out of each other on a regular basis. 

Tring don't upset us. Two noisy, opinionated, one-eyed sets of supporters who clearly know that their club is the best in Herts. What's not to love about them. LOL

Do Tring not realise Bisop's Stortford is in Hertforshire then LOL
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 09:18
Tunbridge Wells continuing to confuse everyone, not least of all our own support.

Very pleased with yesterday's result to say the least. 

It'd be nice to have a strong finish to the season... ... ... we'll see how that pans out! 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 12:32
And thoroughly deserved at the end
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 12:46
Originally posted by WESTCOMBE RANGER WESTCOMBE RANGER wrote:

And thoroughly deserved at the end

Cheers Ranger.

It's been very fine margins for most teams in the league all season. It's been fascinating, with far more than the typical number of unexpected results.

Big match for you guys this weekend. I'll be waiting on the result! All the best.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 09:32
Fascinating day ahead. It could all be sorted or nothing could be decided. I shall be glued to the twitter feeds.

Either way, good luck all.
@boatyjames View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @boatyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 09:51
Yes - good luck Hertford, I hope you secure your place for a better season next year. At least for my mum and dads sake! Sounds like you have the foundations now for a much better season next year
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 12:03
And same to you guys today James. Looks like a point seal's it?
secondrow View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secondrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 21:37
Boaty James, I stood next to your Dad today at Sudbury, your mother decided to stay at home. At half time this seemed a very sensible choice as Sudbury led 35-10, we just could not get near their very speedy backs, not helped by us repeatedly kicking to them. I thought we could easily match the Bedford score earlier in the season.

Then the second half came and despite being down to 13 at one point and then no sooner were be back to 15 our centre had a second yellow card which meant red , we got back to 35-30 and hammered away at their line for the last ten minutes to no avail, but at least we came away with 2 points. 
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 22:36
That's the league more or less decided. How on earth WP but 60 on Colchester, I will have no idea but congratulations to them for winning the league. Medway down and Sidcup on the brink. Now it comes to fighting for which cup clubs will enter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic