National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

REGIONAL 1 SOUTH CENTRAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 30>
Author
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 13:47
I wouldn't say we're starting to slide - we've lost by less than one score to Havant, in what Tony reckons was their toughest game, and at Tunbridge Wells, who won with the last play after we'd played 65 minutes with 14 men.

Bracknell seem to be strong at home but have lost away to Havant, Camberley and Welsh.  TW are, alongside Havant, the only team who haven't suffered what I would call a 'surprise' defeat to a lower/ mid-table side.  I still think the top three will pull away slightly, but am confident we will finish fourth.
Blue&whiteranger View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue&whiteranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 18:40
Great game at the lane this weekend. Crowd was
Very quiet but still great numbers. We were hindered by losing the little man early on and then the big man early in the second. We’re trying to build something special here without spending money. Just a look in the bar afterwards you can see the amount of boys staying for a beer and a sing song. Money doesn’t guarantee success just look at the league table. Camberly can bring in as many new signings as they like but I know our lads will bring the fight at the lane where pay checks count for nothing.
Upthehill
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 21:36
Originally posted by The Inside man The Inside man wrote:

Camberley seem to be finding some form while London Welsh are starting to slide? 

Haven’t seen much of Bracknell and Tunbridge recently - how are they going? 

Tunbridge WELLS have won all games except 2 with try bonuses. Bracknell were close behind with a similar record but lost to Havant last week. Their next match will probably determine whether they stay in contention.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 21:39
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

I wouldn't say we're starting to slide - we've lost by less than one score to Havant, in what Tony reckons was their toughest game, and at Tunbridge Wells, who won with the last play after we'd played 65 minutes with 14 men.

Bracknell seem to be strong at home but have lost away to Havant, Camberley and Welsh.  TW are, alongside Havant, the only team who haven't suffered what I would call a 'surprise' defeat to a lower/ mid-table side.  I still think the top three will pull away slightly, but am confident we will finish fourth.

From what I saw of Welsh, I do think you're definitely not out of it at all. You looked solid and I think barring any 'surprise' results, you're still going to be up there until the very end of the season.
The Inside man View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Inside man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 21:52
Big freeze coming in - I hope no games are cancelled this week! Was planning to head down to Welsh vs Camberley! 
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 14:02
Our game at Marlborough is off ..called off 25hrs before KO!!

The Inside man View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Inside man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 17:11
I don’t think it will be the only one… 
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 17:58
I'm prepped and ready to go to Bracknell tomorrow to take photos for TW.

The forecast shows them at 0c or below until 1pm tomorrow when it rises to the dizzy heights of 1c.

I don't know if/when there'll be a pitch inspection, but I don't fancy driving there and discovering it's off! Ha.

It'd be good to get some rugby played, but player safety first.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 20:59
Though I suppose this is the last fixture in the season where home/away swaps can be done if needs be and both agree?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 22:29
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Though I suppose this is the last fixture in the season where home/away swaps can be done if needs be and both agree?

We offered a fixture swap to Marlborough  but they turned it down...was it because it was too late too arrange a coach or was it because apparently  a fair few of their army Fijians were on leave and they didn't fancy it  ? Which begs a question as to why the early cancellation 🤔
No other game has been called off yet , that may obviously  change but at least they are giving it time to make the call

Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2023 at 10:27
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

We offered a fixture swap to Marlborough  but they turned it down...was it because it was too late too arrange a coach or was it because apparently  a fair few of their army Fijians were on leave and they didn't fancy it  ? Which begs a question as to why the early cancellation 🤔
No other game has been called off yet , that may obviously  change but at least they are giving it time to make the call

Most of Nat2 East games are off.
RAID ON
Wigwam View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wigwam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2023 at 11:42

Perhaps they know the effects of frost on their pitch better than you and have given you fair warning of it being called off which is better than setting off and getting the dreaded cancelling phone call
Pace Power Perfection
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2023 at 12:27
Yes, their pitch on The Common is cold and exposed at the best of times, I imagine it's as hard as concrete this week, right call.
Northernsquirrell View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Northernsquirrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2023 at 12:46
I spoke to their physio when we played there earlier in the season and asked her what’s it like here in the winter and she just smiled then said “it’s unbelievably cold and no matter how many layers you wear the wind goes through you”
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2023 at 12:52
There's  a few Havant fans that decided to make a weekend of it and stayed in Marlborough last night and out of curiosity went to the ground earlier ..no frost pitch is fine!!!!!
Maiden in Distress View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maiden in Distress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2023 at 20:18
An incredible performance by us today in Siberian conditions against Brighton, best we have played all year to be honest so maybe the cold suits us! We are growing each week and it is slowly coming together - too slow for this year but we are getting there and team cohesion is better than ever! 

I’m surprised about the gap between Bracknell and Tunbridge, I know Bracknell are strong this year and are waiting to pounce on Camberley and Havant but WOW Tunbridge must have been poor at today! They were great last week against us in line-outs and scrums so wonder what happened this week… was it just the size annd strength of Bracknell? Anyone got a report of the game? 

Huge win for Stags! Big win does us a huge favour at the bottom, thanks lads and good luck against Hammersmith next weekend! Watch out for their 13, he is decent and their 5 is a unit too! 

But I think, looking at the results, the biggest shock of the weekend is the narrow gap between Camberley and Welsh! And by looking at twitter and match reports, it sounds like the squirrels were struggling in the bitter cold. I’m not sure how they will cope with the rest of the winter, especially with the big boys at Havant and Marlborough in the coming month! 

Edited by Maiden in Distress - 02 Dec 2023 at 21:14
Berksman View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Berksman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2023 at 20:53
Good England maiden…
Wigwam View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wigwam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 10:29

There's  a few Havant fans that decided to make a weekend of it and stayed in Marlborough last night and out of curiosity went to the ground earlier ..no frost pitch is fine!!!!!

Whilst I admire your total commitment to Hav you are making some pretty wild accusations there Hav Tone. 
You state they cancelled because they had players away and the pitch was fine based on your mates views. 
I take it you will be making a formal complaint to the RFU. If not please rein it in a bit as publishing those sort of statements on here is poor form. 

Pace Power Perfection
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 10:58
Originally posted by Maiden in Distress Maiden in Distress wrote:

I’m surprised about the gap between Bracknell and Tunbridge, I know Bracknell are strong this year and are waiting to pounce on Camberley and Havant but WOW Tunbridge must have been poor at today! They were great last week against us in line-outs and scrums so wonder what happened this week… was it just the size annd strength of Bracknell? Anyone got a report of the game? 

If you look at Bracknell's results this season they've been there or thereabouts against the top sides in the league. I suspect both sides would have been frustrated after the first half. Very stop/start, handling errors (fair play, it was flipping freezing)... neither side really flowing. 10-3 to Bracknell at half time. Our lineout was fine. First scrum looked ominous, but we sdjusted and were a match for the rest of the afternoon. It wasn't a set piece issue.

They had two intercepted tries in the second half which never hurts the scoreline, but ultimately they played the pitch and conditions better than we did, defended very well, and were good for the win. We were just a couple of per cent off where we'd want to be... and in this league that's all it takes.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 11:12
Originally posted by Wigwam Wigwam wrote:

Whilst I admire your total commitment to Hav you are making some pretty wild accusations there Hav Tone. 
You state they cancelled because they had players away and the pitch was fine based on your mates views. 
I take it you will be making a formal complaint to the RFU. If not please rein it in a bit as publishing those sort of statements on here is poor form. 

Wigwam
I am meeting Bill Beaumont on Tuesday for a curry and a beer and aim to issue a verbal complaint to him then...being Bill is higher placed than Bill Sweeney at the RFU i reckon going down that route will be the better way to go !

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 03 Dec 2023 at 11:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 30>
  Share Topic