National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

REGIONAL 1 SOUTH CENTRAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 30>
Author
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 10:07
Read it now too and they seem to have conceded it already to Havant so congratulations Tony!!!!! LOL

I do always wonder what happens down at Camberley this time of year as year after year they start losing or scrapping wins from Feb onwards (Similar time last year when they lost to us at Banbury to be out of the running) 

Is a long session so tired legs and injuries play a part I suppose but he Tunbridge Wells vs Havant game now looks a tasty one in a few weeks 
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 10:30
Thunderman 

Camberley's report basically saying they are throwing in the towel due to their inexperienced  side ...what a joke that isCry
As you say Tunbridge Wells away will be a tough one but so will London Welsh at the lane on Saturday 
A big crowd expected for that one and  I'm sure our boys have put to bed the performance against Hammersmith  & Fulham last week

WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 13:34
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

Thunderman 

Camberley's report basically saying they are throwing in the towel due to their inexperienced  side ...what a joke that isCry
As you say Tunbridge Wells away will be a tough one but so will London Welsh at the lane on Saturday 
A big crowd expected for that one and  I'm sure our boys have put to bed the performance against Hammersmith  & Fulham last week

To quote from the report:
"So overall a very sombre Cam who can only try to claim 5 points from the rest of the games but in reality look to be set for another season at Level 5 which, with a still quite inexperienced side, is probably not a bad result overall."

which doesn't suggest any comment whatsoever from the players or coaching staff as to the club's intentions but merely the the view of the reporter who doesn't mention throwing in the towel whatsoever.

Sometimes reality and the interpretation of reality can be vastly different!

(And I have absolutely no connection to Camberley Rugby Club) 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 18:16
Well, that's the Pedantic award sorted for 2024 already Clap
I think I'll give the award ceremony a miss, shame cos I reckon it would be one hell of an interesting evening
Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 09:59

I think I'll give the award ceremony a miss, shame cos I reckon it would be one hell of an interesting evening

Tony, a few more contenders before the seasons out methinks.
Think she's warming up for you guys down at Havant.
Big step up to Nat 2, I will miss the HSB, but not the rattlers 😉
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 11:35

That will presumably be the Donald Trump Pedantic Awards then will it?

Most sensible posters can tell the difference between what has actually occurred and what some people would like to have occurred.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 11:38
Karlos
I think there's a clear winner for the pedant award , just can't  see an upset there mate 🙄
Asked where you were  to get you a beer at waterhall early in the season but you were elusive that day ?
We won't be counting any chickens down here, there ain't no easy games in this league as usual, take one game at a time as the saying goes.
The HSB will be flowing on Saturday and I'll ask  the Rattlers to have several before the game to keep the noise level up in a game which should be a cracker

Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 13:34

Thunderman 

I have to admit Tony, when I read that, I too interpreted it in a similar fashion. I did wonder why on earth a club that were flying high at the top of the league until last Saturday would put out a comment like that in a report of a match they still got a bonus point for. It was only 1 loss and this league likely still has plenty of surprises until the season is over. 
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 07:59
What on earth happened in that last minute between Welsh and Havant? It sounded really interesting on the Twitter commentary.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 12:21
A massive win for us yesterday against the best side to come to Hooks Lane this season
London Welsh were in the lead for the whole game until a superbly worked line out and maul at the death nicked it from the men in red 
London Welsh were only let down by their indiscipline and at one point were down to 12 men but even then they scored a try!
We kept chipping away  and our never say die attitude got us a very important bonus point win in what was a bruising encounter with the evidence of that being a huge " klingon" like bump to our centre wayne Dugans forehead an awesome carry out of our 22 by him was a testament to the effort shown by our boys
The Havant faithful were awesome as well and we really were the 16th man the roar from the stand was deafening and it was limbs when "Sheps" went over for the winner
So a week off and then onto the next job...another tough one away to CS

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 04 Feb 2024 at 12:36
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 14:17

A massive win for us yesterday against the best side to come to Hooks Lane this season
London Welsh were in the lead for the whole game until a superbly worked line out and maul at the death nicked it from the men in red 
London Welsh were only let down by their indiscipline and at one point were down to 12 men but even then they scored a try!
We kept chipping away  and our never say die attitude got us a very important bonus point win in what was a bruising encounter with the evidence of that being a huge " klingon" like bump to our centre wayne Dugans forehead an awesome carry out of our 22 by him was a testament to the effort shown by our boys
The Havant faithful were awesome as well and we really were the 16th man the roar from the stand was deafening and it was limbs when "Sheps" went over for the winner
So a week off and then onto the next job...another tough one away to CS
So what happened? Welsh had a last minute penalty that they missed, Havant ran it dead, Welsh got the penalty that then got reversed?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 14:54
Robb
    Reversed penalty ??? That didn't happen !
We had a penalty 5 metres outside Welsh's 22,  from that jacob kicked to touch and from the resulting lineout we mauled it over the line...that's what I saw

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 05 Feb 2024 at 21:13
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 15:33

Robb
    Reversed penalty ??? That didn't happen !
We had a penalty in Welsh's 22,  from that jacob kicked to touch and from the resulting lineout we mauled it over the line...that's what I saw

Just based on reading Welsh's commentary
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 15:48
I think our Twitter was very confused! Apparently Hav ran the ball back after our penalty to win the game fell short, and we were then penalised for not rolling away on or around the 22. Hav kicked the penalty to touch in the Welsh half and then broke through from the lineout to score.
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 08:35
Nobody else want to discuss the weekend's results? Wink

Welsh came flying out of the blocks against TW and had the bonus point within about 25 minutes.  I wrote in my programme notes that we'd gained a LBP from the four games with the top three so far but needed to start turning those narrow losses into wins, and we certainly did that in emphatic fashion.  Slightly disappointed to have allowed TW a bonus point with their fourth try at the death, but fair play to them for not throwing the towel in. Our attack has clicked and the arrival of a new fly-half at Christmas (Matt Hodgson, ex-North Walsham) has made a tangible difference, but our defence still needs work.

And so we move a few miles down the A316 and across Chiswick Bridge.  We were monitoring the updates on Twitter and keeping the ODP crowd updated, but we were all refusing to get carried away knowing that Havant often fall behind early in games only to turn it around, often winning at the death.  We lost at Stags pre-Christmas, but it was probably our second-worst performance of the season so I didn't foresee too many problems for Hav - especially as, since that crazy game at Brighton in September 2022, they haven't lost to any of the 'lesser' teams.  Will look forward to Tony's diagnosis and await the big TW v Hav game this Saturday with bated breath...
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 09:20
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

Nobody else want to discuss the weekend's results? Wink

Welsh came flying out of the blocks against TW and had the bonus point within about 25 minutes.  I wrote in my programme notes that we'd gained a LBP from the four games with the top three so far but needed to start turning those narrow losses into wins, and we certainly did that in emphatic fashion.  Slightly disappointed to have allowed TW a bonus point with their fourth try at the death, but fair play to them for not throwing the towel in. Our attack has clicked and the arrival of a new fly-half at Christmas (Matt Hodgson, ex-North Walsham) has made a tangible difference, but our defence still needs work.

Your new 12 was useful as well and that 10/12 combo fired well.

Pretty solid throughout. We weren't on top form on Saturday... but on current form I think you'd cause problems for any side in this league. A well earned win. All the best for the rest of the season!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 19:17
CS were better than us on the day simple as that really !
They started with a ferocious wind behind them and we started with our tackling brains left somewhere on the M3 !
God knows what happened but we were awful in that first half with numerous uncharacteristic missed tackles !
We woke up in the second half and I thought we were gonna steal it at the end but it would've been daylight robbery if we had 
A long journey and a massive game next week at TW 
The boys know we were poor at CS and will be fired up to put that performance firmly in the bin
Thunderman View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:44
Quite surprised with the CS Stags win, however not too upset as it sets up a critical game this weekend which could turn a one horse race into three 

Both teams must be smarting from their losses so hopefully a good battle 

A few teams seem to be strengthening so could be a good couple of months ahead to finish the season  
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 13:43
Game off at TW...pitch unplayable again !!
Hearing its gonna be played at the Judd School in Tonbridge up the road  
any decent pubs that way Bruce/ Robb ??
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 16:12

Game off at TW...pitch unplayable again !!
Hearing its gonna be played at the Judd School in Tonbridge up the road  
any decent pubs that way Bruce/ Robb ??

Not a very likely contingency in T*nbridge! A wetherspoons and that's about it.

Edited by Robb - 23 Feb 2024 at 16:14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 30>
  Share Topic