National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

REGIONAL 1 SOUTH CENTRAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 16:21
Robb
Game is now at Havant 2pm KO
Apparantly  the school  had already pre booked their pitch so  Tw"s other choice was a 5pm KO at Chiswick !!!! 🤢🤢
I think we politely said NOPE to that idea
Thunderman View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 16:46
nice rub of the green there for Havant, a home away game. Sometimes things fall into place when you need it 
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 16:50
Originally posted by Thunderman Thunderman wrote:

nice rub of the green there for Havant, a home away game. Sometimes things fall into place when you need it 

I have no idea how that has happened. I can't imagine that Welsh/Camberley/Bracknell will be too amused that the League has given Havant an extra "home" game.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 17:19
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

I have no idea how that has happened. I can't imagine that Welsh/Camberley/Bracknell will be too amused that the League has given Havant an extra "home" game.

Surprised if the league insisted on venue switch, given there's a free w/e on 9th March - presumably TW must have agreed the switch (which I realise still might not please W/C/B)
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 17:43
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Surprised if the league insisted on venue switch, given there's a free w/e on 9th March - presumably TW must have agreed the switch (which I realise still might not please W/C/B)

I've been looking at the RFU regulations. Technically under Regulation 6.22, both clubs have to agree a new venue and if there's no agreement, the League decides. I cannot imagine TW agreed to playing at Havant so I can only assume that the League insisted the match go ahead tomorrow and refused the more logical suggestion of switching to the next free date.
The Inside man View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Inside man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 19:24
I personally think it is awful that a tight league is decided by a club bullying another into playing the game at their ground. From my sources at TW Havant were offered alternate venues and refused and refused to rearrange and then pulled out a made up regulation to bully a club into coming to them. TW had a big dinner lined up and now lose out on the money that would have brought in! We are seeing clubs struggle up and down the country financially and yet we see behaviour like that from fellow clubs. Awful scenes in rugby, totally against the morals of the game. 
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 23:03
Originally posted by The Inside man The Inside man wrote:

I personally think it is awful that a tight league is decided by a club bullying another into playing the game at their ground. From my sources at TW Havant were offered alternate venues and refused and refused to rearrange and then pulled out a made up regulation to bully a club into coming to them. TW had a big dinner lined up and now lose out on the money that would have brought in! We are seeing clubs struggle up and down the country financially and yet we see behaviour like that from fellow clubs. Awful scenes in rugby, totally against the morals of the game. 

I have to agree. Something really didn't smell right about that. Especially when (as Havant Tony pointed out) there were neutral grounds available on that date. Furthermore, I do not understand why the League would insist it be played on that date when other dates in the season were still available. I hope there's some sort of appeal (from either TW or Welsh/Camberley/Bracknell) so we can find out what on earth went on with the league making such an odd decision to give an extra "home" game to Havant.
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thunderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 14:41
Would be quite interesting to see what the league would do if teams launched complaints including Tunbridge Wells and if the league would actually do anything as they seem to promote Havant a lot on their Instagram 
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 17:06
We are Havant, super Havant, no one likes us...we don't careHug

It's funny how no one has mentioned we were willing and all set to travel to the Judd School in nearby Tonbridge for a 2pm kick off Confused
Then when that fell through a two and half hour trip to Eton Manor for a 12pm kick off was mentioned!! which at that late notice would've meant us being on the road at dinny o'clock and have to try and rearrange with the coach company...NOPE

Then Chiswick was mentioned for a 5pm kick off...NOPE

TW had a lunch ( which I was booked on) but given the three options mentioned  above it would've been a dead rubber as the game was never going to be played at Tunbridge Wells ! anyway you didn't hear us moaning when Marlborough  was rearranged to be at ours at the last minute  with Lunch revenue lost 

We had a video put on the RFU website for reaching the Papa Johns cup last season  and  again recently because of the best 25 metre maul you'll see in ages. so to sum up that's two in god knows how many years !!!

We are Havant, super Havant, no one likes us...we don't  care Wink

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 26 Feb 2024 at 18:13
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 08:52
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

It's funny how no one has mentioned we were willing and all set to travel to the Judd School in nearby Tonbridge for a 2pm kick off Confused

You were always scheduled to travel to TW for a 2pm kick-off, so I don't see that as much of a concession to be honest!

Then Chiswick was mentioned for a 5pm kick off...NOPE

Why not? Not a particularly difficult journey, and at least an hour's less travel time.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 10:08
Easy to say from someone who's club is about a 10 minute drive to chiswick ! 🙄🙄
 you quite obviously  don't travel up the A3 much ?
 our journey to CS the other week took us 2.5 hrs the dreaded junction 10 of the M25 is horrendous which was apparently  totally closed last Saturday as well, add that the the equally dismal London traffic...NOPE!

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 27 Feb 2024 at 10:20
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 11:57
Always liked Havant and the hard nose way they play but this has a bad smell to it, winning desperation and Tony being a "sore winner" if that is even a term LOL
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 13:01

Easy to say from someone who's club is about a 10 minute drive to chiswick ! 🙄🙄
 you quite obviously  don't travel up the A3 much ?
 our journey to CS the other week took us 2.5 hrs the dreaded junction 10 of the M25 is horrendous which was apparently  totally closed last Saturday as well, add that the the equally dismal London traffic...NOPE!
I went to a concert in Portsmouth last weekend, so I'm familiar with the journey!  Although it looks like the drive from TW to Chiswick seems to be just as awkward as yours would have been, even if you had to take the M3 instead of the A3 (which, according to Google Maps, adds about 10 minutes to the travel time)
To be fair, I hadn't appreciated that the trip to TW on the A27 was as straightforward as it appears to be.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 13:27
LOL

Always liked Havant and the hard nose way they play but this has a bad smell to it, winning desperation and Tony being a "sore winner" if that is even a term LOL

LOL sore winnerLOL that definitely  is a new one!
 remind me of what we've actually won to be sore about ?
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 15:10
The way this topic is going it seems you won "Venue-gate"
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 16:08

LOL

LOL sore winnerLOL that definitely  is a new one!
 remind me of what we've actually won to be sore about ?

It certainly isn't any new friends.
Golden Jackal View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 16:36
Dont like to comment on another leagues chat, but it does seem odd that the game couldnt have been postponed if both parties couldnt agree....especially when there was a free week available.
As for moaning about travel....
If you have hopes to be in N2 next season (East or West) get used to the journeys!

Sir_Q View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir_Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 19:57
I could be wrong but if this as I think was a previously postponed game and this was the 2nd occasion the pitch wasn’t playable, don’t the league rules state that the match has to be offered to the away side to play at home. 
Not quite sure what Havant have done wrong here to be honest. 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 21:46
Originally posted by Sir_Q Sir_Q wrote:

I could be wrong but if this as I think was a previously postponed game and this was the 2nd occasion the pitch wasn’t playable, don’t the league rules state that the match has to be offered to the away side to play at home. 

Sir Q
I  pretty much think you could be right 🙄
I still look out for your results now and again...doing OK by the looks 👍

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 27 Feb 2024 at 21:47
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 06:14
Originally posted by Sir_Q Sir_Q wrote:

I think that's for  the first round of fixtures only as a swap, not for the second round.

I think where the comments are coming from is because neutral grounds (1 closer than the proper away trip) were offered and Havant seemed to refuse on the grounds they didn't want to travel at a different time. Which comes across as rather unsporting, especially if that is a correct regulation and they knew they could take advantage of the letter rather than the spirit of the law.

Edited by Robb - 28 Feb 2024 at 06:19
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
  Share Topic