National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National 2 East Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 25>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2024 at 16:39
Hi Steve......I did mention Guernsey....perhaps more than once.  Last time just before XMAS.  Huge game tomorrow.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2024 at 20:47
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

Hi Steve......I did mention Guernsey....perhaps more than once.  Last time just before XMAS.  Huge game tomorrow.

Yes - must win game - hopefully the pitch will be playable.

I was referring to you not mentioning Guernsey in the latest post.
RAID ON
PropDad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2024 at 21:23
Esher vs Guernsey match postponed. 
@boatyjames View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @boatyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 17:04
Not sure we learned anything last weekend - maybe Esher looking a bit more likely to bounce straight back up.
Think we might need to look at our defence - losing 8 tries to 6 is not good for blood pressure!
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 16:37
Big win for Westcombe Park today, beating Dorking 5-1. Atcthe moment Esher are 47-10 up at Old Albanian so that should give us a 5 point gap over Dorking who will probably slip behind Barnes.  
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 16:58
We did alright today we have had a couple of poor performances so nice to see them turn it around a bit 
Golden Jackal View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 19:46
Streetwise and more savvy TJ's turned the tables on BSE today to end our unbeaten home run.
BSE 4 tries to 2 up at the break (24 -12) and seemingly cruising but the visitors upped the physicality in the 2nd half and used their size and weight advantage to stop the more sprightly BSE.  Not pretty viewing but all credit to them for a deserved win.

Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 21:08
Surprising result for me though Jackal......though there seem to be at least 3 of those every week now !!     Think I should give up on the prediction league.....I am awful OuchShocked
The Hawks View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hawks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 23:01
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

Surprising result for me though Jackal......though there seem to be at least 3 of those every week now !!     Think I should give up on the prediction league.....I am awful OuchShocked

And me too!! Not good this season for me as well!!!
'Go The Hawks!'
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 01:04
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

Big win for Westcombe Park today, beating Dorking 5-1. Atcthe moment Esher are 47-10 up at Old Albanian so that should give us a 5 point gap over Dorking who will probably slip behind Barnes.  
We needed a win as we have some tough games coming up so hopefully cemented ourselves into playing in this league next season. Dorking short of a few players, and their never say die spirit made it a squeaky few last minutes.Overall, as the Dorking supporters acknowledged, we were better on the day.

The older I get, the better I was.
sweatysock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatysock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 09:56
well it's intriguingly poised at both ends of table. Esher remain favourites but by no means clear cut. At the other end of table, quite a gap between Worthing and team above them, Guernsey. So this means a dog fight with Wimbledon. Worthing continue to pick points up without winning, which might bode well. The battle for best loser place between the 3 divisions also remains close.

As an aside, North Walsham are starting to pick up points, so may not be the pushovers we have expected to date
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 12:27
Delighted to see North Walsham collecting points for scoring tries. Their strategy this season is to develop young players and build a team to press for promotion next season. Perhaps Westcliff and Rochford should have followed that course. Sad to see them sinking.

Park beating Dorking doesn’t surprise me. Park score a lot of tries, their problem is that concede a lot, often more than they score. Defence can win games but mainly it gives you a platform to score from. OAs had more territory and possession in the first half than Esher but all 5 visits to the OA red zone in the first half resulted in tries. 

Still a long way to go, our match against BSE on 10/2 is a major hurdle. Not sure playing every other week works at this stage of the season!
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 13:08
I was quite surprised at the total points Dorking have conceded obviously a brilliant attacking side and deservedly up at the top but the points scored against them is pretty horrific viewing

Since end of November points scored against

honestinjun View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honestinjun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 21:00
The Walsham back line was fantastic. In the first half on Saturday, they were a handful and I struggle to understand why they have not won the odd game or picked up more lbp's , they fully contributed to a a highly entertaining game and their unstructured style is hard to contain..they should do well next season 
HonestInjun
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 11:26
I appreciate that there is a good way to go, but if Esher get a decent win from their game in hand they are 9pts clear of Barnes.....who are not in great form at the mo ?  Seems very likely indeed to me, that Esher will deservedly go on to win it. 
It sounds like NW are chucking it about a bit then ?  Good for them Clap  Perhaps their attacking intent will bring them a few wins towards the end.  

The way the level 4 leagues look atm, it seems likely that it will be a very tight competition to get the benefit of that best 13th position.  Currently:
West   Newport P 16 Pts 23
East  Wimbledon 16/24  Worth  16/25
North  Ionians/Billingham  16/23

2 out of 3 go down....EEK
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 11:59
If I could just throw into that Wimbledon have Nth Walsham home and away so you can probably add a "free" 10 points to their tally which might see them pull clear of the bottom two places
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 18:00
Esher’s game in hand doesn’t get played until 20th April - sandwiched between home to Dorking and away to Barnes. So we need to keep winning through the next few weeks.
sweatysock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatysock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 16:33
last minute penalty gives Worthing a much needed win (27-24)
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 17:38
Walsham get the draw !! 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 17:49
29-26 I think Sweaty......but very much agree on the much needed front.  Also very interestingly...me and some others had been assigning games against NW as an automatic 5pts ConfusedEmbarrassed  Well they seem to be on quite a roll now and an away draw today has done the Wombles no favours.....and they have yet to travel to Norwich Rd.....which MIGHT be good news for our lot ?  Also out of interest.....NW have not had a home game since 16/12 last year.....so the points garnered of late have all been on the road.  Good for them Clap

By contrast.....the away win for the islanders stretches them away ?  We have them at home next week...so therein lies another opportunity to create a bit of a gap.

Lastly.....our potential opponents in the relegation battle from the West and the North made little or no progress today  TongueWink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 25>
  Share Topic