National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Caldy v Jersey Reds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caldy v Jersey Reds
    Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 09:51
The advice from knowledgeable posters is that tomorrow the Ravers face a gigantic task when the Jersey Reds from Brobdingnag come to the Paton Field Stadium

Caldy's Head Coach Matt Cairns set out a survial plan ahead of Thursday night's training session. I caught a snippet of the eloquent speech from the Commander of the armies of the North

"Whatever comes out of that changing room we've got a better chance of survival if we work together. Do you understand? If we stay together we survive" 

The squad has prepared with a diet of Maximus Decimus Meridius Pot Noodles. 

''The future isn't what it used to be''
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 11:36
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 11:46
Here's the Jersey Reds preview - LINK
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 11:59
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

A good article Islander. At present it is bucketing down, and it has been for most of this week. Paton Field will be slightly softer underfoot than it was at the start of September.

Are all your forwards 7ft and 150kgs as we have been led to believe?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 12:51
Originally posted by Big Eddie Big Eddie wrote:

I think the backs are around that size but the forwards are seriously big lads. 
pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 13:02
Looking forward to tomorrow, bring your glass BE
is it stours year yet
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 13:34
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

I think the backs are around that size but the forwards are seriously big lads. 

LOLLOLLOLLOL
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 14:32
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 15:15

Enjoyed the Caldy preview article - 

Just read it ........honest and truthful but without any reference to Pot Noodles it isn't complete.

I assume you and Corporal Carrot are travelling islander? If so I will introduce you to my good friend Pen 15 who always brings a hip flask filled with something deliciously warming to gurgle down at half time. One of his 'hip flasks' which snuggly fits Pen 15's extraordinary large hips ......holds over a gallon of the best single malt whisky.

Pen 15 is the most hospitable of men and I will ask him if he will bring sufficient for you two and 3 or 4 of your colleagues who will be most welcome to join us for a half time libation.

Kind Regards

Big Eddie

Edited by Big Eddie - 07 Oct 2022 at 15:38
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 16:57
Caldy v Jersey
Referee: Charlie Gayther
ARs: Simon Park & Gregg Dawson

Edited by corporalcarrot - 07 Oct 2022 at 16:57
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 17:24

Caldy v Jersey

Do you know them CC?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 17:57

Caldy v Jersey

Do you know them CC?
Newbies to me mate. I picked up the info from one of the usual referee sites. Hope to see a good contest tomorrow if Easyjet are on time.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 07 Oct 2022 at 18:01
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 18:05
Apart from one aspect from one referee who I thought was way too lenient at the breakdown I have been pleased with the standard of officiating in the Championship…… hopefully the standard will be maintained tomorrow…..
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 18:14
BE - yes I am travelling, in fact arrived Liverpool CC (city centre not corporal carrot) about 5pm. There was concern pre-flight that EasyJet might be unable to take off with the world’s largest players on board, but happily it got airborne just b4 veering off the end of the runway into St Ouen’s Bay. Myself & Mrs Islander have made the cut for lunch - rumours of roast beef, presumably as some form of starter before the pot noodle. Look forward to it!
pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 18:28
Half time drinks it is then .usual place .
is it stours year yet
Redted View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 19:27
Charlie Gayther did Taunton v Redruth a few years back and in my opinion for what it’s worth was very good. Had a chat to him in the bar and he looked about 16!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 19:54
Originally posted by Redted Redted wrote:

Charlie Gayther did Taunton v Redruth a few years back and in my opinion for what it’s worth was very good. Had a chat to him in the bar and he looked about 16!
We need young refs like this and the only way they get experience is to manage games at this level.  Consistency of decision is the key and hopefully he keeps 15 a side on the pitch for the full 80 minutes. Let's hope we don't notice the referee tomorrow and the boys from both sides behave.
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 22:04
Liverpool is a great party city which stays open till the very early hours…. I hope everyone from Jersey fills their boots
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 08:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0TInLOJuUM

A glorious morning at the beautiful Paton Field Stadium. 

Edited by Big Eddie - 08 Oct 2022 at 08:37
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 10:16

Liverpool is a great party city which stays open till the very early hours…. I hope everyone from Jersey fills their boots

Recently back at hotel BE for an overdue power-nap after overdoing it with the locals celebrating their Eurovision selection - who should we contact with a request to delay KO?!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic