National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

View from the touchline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: View from the touchline
    Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 19:18
Well here we go again my blinkered view of TJs v Blackheath 

What a load of rubbish
The travel issues made everything awkward. You had to navigate across a mudflat to get to the pitch which didn’t seem a lot better. Apparently the warm up wasn’t good and that carried on into the game and the first half was filled with indiscipline and dishevelment which allowed Tom White to do his stuff and then throwing an interception to a player that couldn’t catch a cold with us last year rounded of a pretty miserable first half despite 1 try from Blackheath. The second half was a bit better but again Nothing was flowing and TJs defence managed to blunt almost everything although 2 tries kept Blackheath in the game but couldn’t find that finishing touch and TJs stoutly defended to see the game out. Then to round it off they refused to feed my 14 year old who works as part of the back room and runs the Tee on for the kickers, first time that’s ever happened and I hope we never do that at WellHall which rounded of a pretty crap day
So many Christians not enough Lions
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 19:37
<I must learn that TJ does not always stand for Touch Judge>

Pretty poor on the last point. 🙁
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 20:31
We havea assistant referees these days Richard ARs showing your age a bit 😂😂
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 20:37
Originally posted by Rabbie Burns Rabbie Burns wrote:

Well here we go again my blinkered view of TJs v Blackheath 

What a load of rubbish
The travel issues made everything awkward. You had to navigate across a mudflat to get to the pitch which didn’t seem a lot better. Apparently the warm up wasn’t good and that carried on into the game and the first half was filled with indiscipline and dishevelment which allowed Tom White to do his stuff and then throwing an interception to a player that couldn’t catch a cold with us last year rounded of a pretty miserable first half despite 1 try from Blackheath. The second half was a bit better but again Nothing was flowing and TJs defence managed to blunt almost everything although 2 tries kept Blackheath in the game but couldn’t find that finishing touch and TJs stoutly defended to see the game out. Then to round it off they refused to feed my 14 year old who works as part of the back room and runs the Tee on for the kickers, first time that’s ever happened and I hope we never do that at WellHall which rounded of a pretty crap day

Sounds like a bad day at the office Rabbie. We’ve all been there 😂😂😂😂
Give him one with handles on
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 21:04

We havea assistant referees these days Richard ARs showing your age a bit 😂😂

When I read ARs, I thought you had missed a letter off! Wink
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
PM009 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 08:54
TJ's facilities are shocking, the money they've spent on their squad over the years you would've thought they would spend a few quick on the ground. Good win for them Saturday however, after an indifferent start, looking like they will be in a good place going forward to challenge.

If you thought TJs pitch was poor, I look forward to your review of the pitch after this week LOL
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 09:18
Please remember this is a very one sided view and I am totally biased 
Clueless like most View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 10:14

😂😂 Must be from a totally amateur Kent club. Up to this season of course. 

Edited by Clueless like most - 14 Nov 2022 at 10:30
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 12:04
Originally posted by PM009 PM009 wrote:

TJ's facilities are shocking, the money they've spent on their squad over the years you would've thought they would spend a few quick on the ground. Good win for them Saturday however, after an indifferent start, looking like they will be in a good place going forward to challenge.

If you thought TJs pitch was poor, I look forward to your review of the pitch after this week LOL
Do you mean after this week's rearranged game for ' CLUB ' at Sevenoaks which may draw quite a crowd as it's a rest weekend around the leagues. Be interesting to see who the neutrals will be rooting for Tongue
The older I get, the better I was.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 13:26
Ranger 😂😂😂 you know we Club men will welcome your undying love as after all your son has worn the famous red & black hoops with distinction although I know it was hard for you to be cheering us on. 
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 18:24

Ranger 😂😂😂 you know we Club men will welcome your undying love as after all your son has worn the famous red & black hoops with distinction although I know it was hard for you to be cheering us on. 
As if I need reminding Clap and I must defend him by making others who read this aware that he was under extreme duress at the time. Seriously though it was a fun day on the occasion you speak about. I was even allowed to enter the special bar.
The older I get, the better I was.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 19:39
Originally posted by PM009 PM009 wrote:

Agreed, last time I went the pitch and the surrounding area was a bog - always take your wellies
RAID ON
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic