National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Nat2 West preview 26/11/22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nat2 West preview 26/11/22
    Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 12:49
As it doesn't look like we are getting a pre-view for the games on the NCA site, I thought I'd give it a lash
Clifton v Newport    
Hinckley v Luctonians    
Hornets v Dings Crusaders    
Exeter University v O Redcliffians    
Stourbridge v Bournville    
Loughborough Students v Leicester Lions    
Redruth v Barnstaple

We've all done our guesses for the weekend, I 'll give you my thought behind my predictions(others of course may well beg to differ)
Clifton and Hinckley should prevail primarily because home advantage is quite real, the two sides are however in contention for the top 4 or 5 in the league and will probably be too strong.
Hornets are a decent side, but I think Dings will be desperate to get back into the promotion race.
Exeter Uni have been blowing a bit hot and cold, started the campaign well, but have had a slip up or two, I would expect them to use the home benefits to the full however.
Stour v The Choccos is a bit of a local derby and I cannot remember what I predicted here, if Stour lose this one at home it could be a long old second half of the season for them, sure this will be their motivation to win at home.
Another derby battle ensues in the East Midlands as top side Lions go to Luggerberuger, having seen the squad selected for this game I think Lions will still be top after today, they really seem to be going all guns blazing this year.
Finally, as much as i admire Barnstaple, I cannot see them turning the Reds over at their place, so that's it, probably contradicted my own predictions (I really should have read them before writing this lol).
oldman View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 13:13
tigerburnie, I am led to believe Exeter Uni Vs O Reds has fallen foul of the weather. Standing water on pitch.
oldman
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 13:26
Thanks, the weather will no doubt have an effect more now, guessing the sides with the bigger packs of forwards may come more to the front as the season progresses.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic