National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Who here watched England V South Africa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: I have Amazon TV and watched the game live. Did you watch it live .
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [60.61%]
6 [18.18%]
5 [15.15%]
2 [6.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who here watched England V South Africa
    Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 16:09
I always watch England play . It use to televised on  BBC 1 but now there have been multiple periods or various tv companies BT Sport etc . Where is this going to lead to ?
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 16:42
Fortunately, I was late home from the rugby, so it was only 40 minutes wasted.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 17:22
Didn't even known there had been a game on. And I'm not joking.
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 17:24
(And therefore the only applicable (sort of) question to me is the second one, so I checked that).
Our City,
Our Club
Redted View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 17:50
Sadly yes.
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 18:57
Watched the first half....a Poirot rerun was far more entertaining.
Ghanian Eagle View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghanian Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 20:13
Perservered with watching it in between dozing off only because 
alternative was watching strictly with head office.
Losing interest in the top end of the game let alone attending corperate Twickenham any more.
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 20:23
Not watched an England game live since the 2019 final, Jones has killed off any interest I have in the side, wish the players well, but they are led by an idiot.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 21:17
Gruesome...
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 21:44
Amazon is the least objectionable option when it comes to paid viewing options. At least with them you can take out a free trial period and then cancel straight after the games.

Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 22:21
Originally posted by Richard Lowther Richard Lowther wrote:

Amazon is the least objectionable option when it comes to paid viewing options. At least with them you can take out a free trial period and then cancel straight after the games.

Are games available on Prime Video (which I have), or is it an 'extra'? Not that I am about to start watching Internationals you understand...
Our City,
Our Club
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 22:58
I have always thought that most posters on here are real rugby enthusiast who either played or are real rugby supporters . This shows that even Rugby people are really losing interest in the game in my opinion. 
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 23:18
I follow Cov. Always have. I have little to no time for England.
Our City,
Our Club
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 07:25
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Richard Lowther Richard Lowther wrote:

Are games available on Prime Video (which I have), or is it an 'extra'? Not that I am about to start watching Internationals you understand...

All the autumn games were on Prime Video... altho' not sure why you asked, having explained several times how interested you aren't in international rugby. How far back does this go - were you tuned in when Jonny W kicked the drop-goal in '03? Is it an Eddie thing, or longer-lasting?
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 09:06
I was curious as I'd never noticed any rugby on Amazon Prime. That's all.
I went to an England game once. My brother in law had been given free tickets and insisted I joined him. I found Twickenham to be the most soulless place to watch a game, even virtually full. The whole corporate Jolly Boys Day Out corporate thing really grates with me to be honest. People squeezing past, beers in hand, constantly. Totally uninterested in the game. That sort of thing.
I very rarely watch any other games other than those involving Cov TBH (and I've been watching those since about 1966).
Our City,
Our Club
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 09:48
Very similar experiences Kimbo! I took my elderly father to one particular game and it was constantly sit down/stand up/sit down/stand up. The main culprits were sat next to us and at the end of the game turned to us and asked "Did we win??" 
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 10:35
I first went to the cabbage patch in the 1970's, have followed Leicester Tigers and since they formed, the Lions (I played for one of the two merged clubs in the 1970's/'80's that became the Lions). Lost interest in England a bit after the Johnno experiment, which demonstrated just how out of touch the RFU were, Skippy has killed off any final vestiges of interest in England. Once he goes and we get a half decent coach who shows he actually cares about the side and not just his cv, then I will re start my support for the side.
IonMan View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IonMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 12:37
Watched in on amazon prime on TV until as usual after half time when prime keeps staling as too many users than it can manage. Then watched on my tablet as that could keep up. Know the problem is prime servers not my connection as I have fibre to the house. As long as RFU/ World Rugby keep rugby off free to air TV they are not helping the game.
Yes it was dreadful, almost as bad the refereeing! Sad when an international referee can be criticised for crucial decisions. If he or the TMO had disallowed the tries as many thought they should then it would have let England be too close which they did not deserve, so probably justice served.
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 12:45
It was on the big screen at my rugby club, went home before half time
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 14:51
I watched Wharfedale at Sheffield Tigers.   I then went home and watched The International.

We started 50 minutes behind and fast forwarded the stoppages.  We caught up with 5 minutes to go.

England were as disappointing as the Dale were
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic