National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Actual week 12 fixtures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 08:59
Attendance: 3,183
At BPA yesterday despite it being streamed free. Absolutely brilliant support COV a real 16th man supporting their team.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 09:27
Originally posted by AnIdiotAbroad AnIdiotAbroad wrote:

The supporters of ring fencing should take note rather than condoning turning a blind eye to unsustainable prem clubs operating in a manner that the corporate world could not ignore - it is such a surprise their bankers allow them to. 

Bravo Caldy, looking forward to experiencing Paton Field later in the season.   

I am sorry I was unable to visit Doncaster........a tiring pre Christmas schedule left me knackered and boxing day was spent asleep. However thank you for your kind words about Caldy.

Everyone associated with Caldy is loving the Championship and I can say that all the Championship clubs I have visited or who have visited Caldy have been warm, appreciative of our achievements and have been proper rugby people. The Championship experience has been far better than I imagined it would be and if in the end it is just a one season visit it still will be the best of experiences.

Our visit to the RAG for the first game against Richmond was a delight. We were hosted brilliantly by Chairman John Heaton who gave us the welcome we try and give others and Nick Royle's worldy set us on the path to an inaugral Championship win. 

At Ampthill the Mob were huge fun and although we let a commanding lead slip away Paul Turner gave us some of the most prescient and sound advice. "You have to realise before April that you are capable of beating 9 out of the other 11 teams in this league"

The visit to Bedford was something else. It was Bedford's ladies day and we all wore pink and travelled in a pink coach and arrived suffused with 3 bottles of pink fizz. We were brilliantly hosted by David Gunner and his wife and despite a pasting it was an upliffting day out.

I missed the Scottish and Donny games because of work committments but I know those who travelled to Doncaster very much enjoyed the hospitality. The trip to Scottish was blighted by travel woes which very much marred the views of those that travelled but we will look forward to welcoming the Jocks to Paton Field. Do the Jocks wear kilts as part of their post match dress?

In the league we have hosted, Hartpury, Nottingham, Jersey, Coventry, Cornish Pirates, Ealing and Richmond. They have all brought their own rugby model and from talking to their supporters have enjoyed the Paton Field experience........it isn't ritzy or glamorous but it is passionate and hopefully welcoming and fair. 

The Championship is a wonderful league and the pinnacle of what I consider to be rugby as I played it and knew it. It is sport at its best and in my view needs to be run professionally but should never be considered as a for profit business.......it doesn't work and is never likely to work.

Edited by Big Eddie - 15 Jan 2023 at 09:35
''The future isn't what it used to be''
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 13:16
Originally posted by Elijah Cadman Elijah Cadman wrote:

Sounds like a poor performance in your view? A premiership referee? Surprised by your comments.  

Honest question - Is it not set out by law (8.3) that a penalty try requires a yellow card? Or am I misunderstanding this?

islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 14:01
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Sounds like a poor performance in your view? A premiership referee? Surprised by your comments.  

Honest question - Is it not set out by law (8.3) that a penalty try requires a yellow card? Or am I misunderstanding this?

That’s my understanding. And wondering whether Cov should have had a player binned yesterday when a PT was awarded to Jersey yesterday with 1-2 mins to play. Not saying it would have made a difference, but perhaps a tiny bit more room against 14 to snatch the most unlikely of wins 
Elijah Cadman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elijah Cadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 17:30

Only if a player is clearly identified as I understand it. 

Edited by Elijah Cadman - 15 Jan 2023 at 17:44
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 21:42

Only if a player is clearly identified as I understand it. 

That is my understanding as well. Personally, I don’t like the law.
Tackle Low!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic