National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Round 15 News, Predictions etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 16:14
Cov 26-8 LS (4t-1t)
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 16:33
Cov 26-13 LS (4t-2t)
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 16:35
Cov 31-13 LS (5t-2t)
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 16:50
FT Cov 31-13 LS
5-0
Our City,
Our Club
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 17:22
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Isithalftimeyet View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isithalftimeyet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 17:42
Not sure we will hear from Big Eddie for a while.  I think the fantastic Caldy support will be out to enjoy themselves this evening.  Look forward to seeing you all back next year.

A great atmosphere today at St Peter and two sides who weren't going to rollover.  The scoreline was perhaps a little harsh on Caldy who played well but just couldn't live with the pace that Jersey set. Perhaps the best Jersey performance this season?  Looks to be a really interesting run in for the rest of the season.  
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 19:49
Originally posted by Isithalftimeyet Isithalftimeyet wrote:

A great atmosphere today at St Peter and two sides who weren't going to rollover.  The scoreline was perhaps a little harsh on Caldy who played well but just couldn't live with the pace that Jersey set. Perhaps the best Jersey performance this season?  Looks to be a really interesting run in for the rest of the season.  
Fully agree mate and really interesting that the result was largely built upon a magnificent midfield. The Caldy forwards were brilliant and competed all afternoon but Jersey's midfield dominated the game in defense and going forward. Dan Bibby is a wonderful rugby player but couldn't possibly hold the line against those big lads running over him all afternoon.  Did anyone count how few scrums were there this afternoon? Great banter with the Caldy supporters who backed their lads last night in the Pav & all afternoon. Your team has added hugely to the Championship. Keep playing rugby and supporting your team lads and win or lose sing you Ravers sing.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 20:54
The first was in the 42nd minute CC. I.e. the 2nd half. I have never seen a half without a scrum before and I think that the Caldy front row were really puffing from the pace.
I counted 3 scrums in the match, but I may have missed some.
Tackle Low!!!!!
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 21:14
Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

The first was in the 42nd minute CC. I.e. the 2nd half. I have never seen a half without a scrum before and I think that the Caldy front row were really puffing from the pace.

I shouldn't be doing this on a Saturday night, but early deadline for local paper (before I go to the Traf) so have my estimated (not audited) stats to hand: zero scrums in 1st half, five in second (3J, 2C, all won by team with put-in). The lineouts were pretty decent too: didn't record Reds losing a single one out of 20ish, Caldy only 1 or 2 (but 1 led to a soft early try)...

Not sure we will hear from Big Eddie for a while. 

BE has already posted on t'other thread, and was most gracious in defeat in person in the clubhouse over post-match beers
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 21:30
For Caldy the real score is measured in beers.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 21:32
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

I shouldn't be doing this on a Saturday night, but early deadline for local paper (before I go to the Traf) so have my estimated (not audited) stats to hand: zero scrums in 1st half, five in second (3J, 2C, all won by team with put-in). The lineouts were pretty decent too: didn't record Reds losing a single one out of 20ish, Caldy only 1 or 2 (but 1 led to a soft early try)...

Not sure we will hear from Big Eddie for a while. 

BE has already posted on t'other thread, and was most gracious in defeat in person in the clubhouse over post-match beers

Only because we promised him a months worth of Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodles if he behaved himself
Tackle Low!!!!!
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 21:33
Sorry to interrupt the news from Jersey but a 9 try performance from the Pirates at Ampthill is pretty gratifying.
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 21:34
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Fully agree mate and really interesting that the result was largely built upon a magnificent midfield. The Caldy forwards were brilliant and competed all afternoon but Jersey's midfield dominated the game in defense and going forward. Dan Bibby is a wonderful rugby player but couldn't possibly hold the line against those big lads running over him all afternoon.  Did anyone count how few scrums were there this afternoon? Great banter with the Caldy supporters who backed their lads last night in the Pav & all afternoon. Your team has added hugely to the Championship. Keep playing rugby and supporting your team lads and win or lose sing you Ravers sing.

Clap A very accurate analysis…. the best team we have played this season with a classy, pacy and powerful back line that just bummed Caldy from start to finish. You fully deserved the final score…. Caldy could have squeaked a 4 try bonus point but last ditch defence by Jersey was desperately determined. Just a wonderful performance by the Reds
''The future isn't what it used to be''
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 22:09
Let us be realistic the Championship is in reality two leagues the top professional 6 and the rest  look at the results this week the bottom 5 lost big time. Perhaps this justifies the proposed two x 10 team premiership leagues for 24/25
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 22:29
Originally posted by workerbee workerbee wrote:

Let us be realistic the Championship is in reality two leagues the top professional 6 and the rest  look at the results this week the bottom 5 lost big time. Perhaps this justifies the proposed two x 10 team premiership leagues for 24/25

Perhaps Workerbee, but explain Caldy beating Ealing. This is a very competitive league and any side can beat any other on their day. However, I don’t think that the cup interruption helped clubs    like Caldy who were on a roll before the break, also beating Bedford.
There is no excuse for the RFU
Tackle Low!!!!!
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 22:42
I’ve always said it is the away games that define your league position.

What’s happened to Nottingham, they won 4 out of the first 6 and then have lost the next 9 league games.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 22:44
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

For Caldy the real score is measured in beers.

win or lose...
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 23:06
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

I’ve always said it is the away games that define your league position.

What’s happened to Nottingham, they won 4 out of the first 6 and then have lost the next 9 league games.

100% The Blues. I’m sure that those who were there would agree that BB were really poor when they came to Jersey before Christmas. I’m expecting a totally different proposition for the return leg in April and The Reds will have to be at their very best to stand any chance of coming away with points.
Tackle Low!!!!!
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 23:25
I don’t know about others, but my view of today’s game was:
Jersey were determined not to do an Ealing and succumb to a banana skin. They started quickly and scored almost instantly. Caldy to their credit came straight back and won a PT (perhaps a bit harsh) nevertheless we were square again until Jersey scored with 14 on the field and then again with 13 following another yellow. The rest was inevitable.
I would add that Caldy never gave up the fight and deserved their 2nd score on the stroke of HT, despite going in to a deficit of 40-14.
The final score doesn’t really matter, but I will add that Jersey were quite superb today. They played at a tempo that I have not seen before and Caldy just couldn’t keep up with the pace of the game.
Yes, there are some really tough games to come, but if this is the standard that The Reds have set for themselves, then those attending should be in for a treat.
Tackle Low!!!!!
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 01:10
I'd say that Ealing had a very nice game today. It was excellent to see a lot of players coming back off of long term injuries and contributing straight away. The best part was the absolutely tenacious defense, even when the game was well out of reach. Letting teams score tries at the end of the game was something that Ealing used to do too often, but today they were clinical throughout. In addition, they scored most of their tries through the hands, and not via rolling mauls. A quite attractive game to watch if you were an Ealing fan, of which there were several hundred at the RAG.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic