National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Week 18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seagoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 14:21
We haven't had The Rugby Paper, today  It must have missed the train up to the NW LOL
Big Eddie's match report might have been a bit understated due to him having consumed more than his fair share of alcohol at the pre-match lunch Big smile
The Ravers gave their all (as usual) McQuins had so much pace in the backs
'The Bank' was very pleased when Louis Lynah was replaced off the bench , after around 60 mins

I have to wonder whether the RFU will decide on how many (if any) clubs are going to be relegated, before the final round of matches Confused
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 14:22
It’s a swindle….

Leeds used to claim thousands of attendees- most were free tickets to schools….so they were artificially inflating the crowds probably to promote sponsorship deals or some such (p.s. my view only)
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 14:35
Our City,
Our Club
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 15:44
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

I thought Ealing played extremely well yesterday, especially considering their injury list being a mile long. 
Clubs tend to be overly secretive on player injuries but I for one hope to see Smid & Tizzano back for the run in which is building nicely to hopefully a decider at St Peter in late April sunshine with both teams having fully fit squads to select from. I'll be there anyway but it will surely be streamed so other clubs can follow it.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 15:48
HT Nottingham 21 Blues 12. 

Bedford being utterly outclassed by Nottingham who have spent 95% of the first half camped in the Bedford half. 
Nasty injury to a Bedford player though- wishing him all the best. 
Notts try scorers- Nathan Tweedy x 2 and Ryan Olowofela. 
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 16:22
Notts bp try- Sam Hollingsworth. 

Notts 26 Blues 17
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 16:24
Blues BP try 
Notts 26 Blues 24
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 16:36
Exciting one, this - clock 'in the red', apparently...
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 16:42
all over 26-24, (5-2) - good game by sound of it
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 17:19
It very much was a good game. Notts were camped on the Bedford line right to the last second. 
pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 22:06
[QUOTE=seagoon]We haven't had The Rugby Paper, today  It must have missed the train up to the NW LOL
Big Eddie's match report might have been a bit understated due to him having consumed more than his fair share of alcohol at the pre-match lunch Big smile
'The Bank' was very pleased when Louis Lynah was replaced off the bench , after around 60 mins

And what a fine lunch it was, The finest sparkling wines and champers ,full bodied reds and some very nice Single malt to finish.Food prepared by his much younger wife would stack up against any fine eatery in the country.,topped off by the exellent company of members of The Executive Travel Club.Must of lost your invite in the post

Edited by pen 15 - 26 Mar 2023 at 22:09
is it stours year yet
Cricks at 2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricks at 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 08:38
Originally posted by maire23 maire23 wrote:

It very much was a good game. Notts were camped on the Bedford line right to the last second. 
.  Er were we watching the same match?  On balance Nottingham took their chances and Bedford missed theirs, including a massive error by the Blues full back which Notts ran in easily.  I don’t remember seeing either side camped in the opposition half.  ‘Utterly outclassed’? No just beaten by a more committed side on the day.  Well done Nottingham.
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 10:05
Originally posted by Cricks at 2 Cricks at 2 wrote:

Originally posted by maire23 maire23 wrote:

.  Er were we watching the same match?  On balance Nottingham took their chances and Bedford missed theirs, including a massive error by the Blues full back which Notts ran in easily.  I don’t remember seeing either side camped in the opposition half.  ‘Utterly outclassed’? No just beaten by a more committed side on the day.  Well done Nottingham.

We were watching the same match. I’m pretty certain that Bedford had very very few forays into the Nottingham half, definitely in the first half although hands up yes Bedford punished us a bit for it in the second half. 

Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 10:28
Does anyone have the attendance figure for yesterday's game please?
Our City,
Our Club
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 13:01
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
seagoon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seagoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 17:58
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Anyone going to give Kimbo the attendance?  I'd like to know, too
See if Caldy had the biggest crowd in the league 
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 18:09
Originally posted by seagoon seagoon wrote:

Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Anyone going to give Kimbo the attendance?  I'd like to know, too
See if Caldy had the biggest crowd in the league 
Doesn't look like it. I guess it'll have to wait until next Sunday's Rugby Paper so I can update the league average figure on the Cov unoffy.
I'm betting the excellent Caldy near-1900 number will be the best this week though.
Our City,
Our Club
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 18:19
From official EliteHub site: att at The Bay = 1,048
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 19:06
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

From official EliteHub site: att at The Bay = 1,048
Whatever that is...

Thanks Tom.
Our City,
Our Club
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 06:26
Originally posted by seagoon seagoon wrote:

We haven't had The Rugby Paper, today  It must have missed the train up to the NW LOL

I have to wonder whether the RFU will decide on how many (if any) clubs are going to be relegated, before the final round of matches Confused

Seagoon,

I think you have confused two distinct personnas. My name is Eddie and the chap who writes the tosh in The Rugby Paper is called John. Couldn't be clearer.

I did talk to John's wife who informed me that she went into his office at about 7.30 pm on Saturday evening and saw him slumped over his laptop for all purposes dead to the world. It must have been a frightning sight apparently made worse by the significant number of peanuts coated in a disgusting frothing and bubbling residue which caked most of his unkempt stubble.

The good lady told me she thought it unlikely that any sensible report on the game could have been written by the Huckleberryly Pear who for most of the afternoon had been all over the Paton Field Stadium like a mad woman's p**s.

Having now read the report in The Rugby Paper I thought the chap must have held it together slighly better than he had any right to.
''The future isn't what it used to be''
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic