National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2023 - 2024 Season fixtures - Event Date: 11 May 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2023 - 2024 Season fixtures
    Posted: 11 May 2023 at 07:35
When are the fixtures for 2023 - 2024 going to be issued any ideas
WILD BOAR View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WILD BOAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 07:42
End of May 
Front Jumper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 08:26
ok thanks
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:00
Originally posted by WILD BOAR WILD BOAR wrote:

End of May 

Really? From memory the clubs are told provisional dates in early June with fixtures confirmed in July…. Or has my memory failed me?
Tackle Low!!!!!
Neasham View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:26
Fixtures released middle of June in recent seasons.
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:31
Originally posted by Neasham Neasham wrote:

Fixtures released middle of June in recent seasons.

It still isn’t clear which teams will be competing in the Championship yet. We don’t even have a firm date of when this will be decided
Tackle Low!!!!!
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:21
Well, they are releasing the leagues for levels four and  five, so they think they know who is playing at those levels.

I assume National 1 will go one short if Wasps fold - the league with most travel and least support - or are the RFU going with the idea of adding RFU Barbarians sides to make up the numbers.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:31
We've got the dates for the season's fixtures at L5, but not the fixtures themselves.
Neasham View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:57
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

Well, they are releasing the leagues for levels four and  five, so they think they know who is playing at those levels.

I assume National 1 will go one short if Wasps fold - the league with most travel and least support - or are the RFU going with the idea of adding RFU Barbarians sides to make up the numbers.

The make up of Level 6 leagues also announced . My friends at Stockton have 4 coach trips to Cumbria to enjoy and pay for, which will be a factor in deciding whether to enter PJ cup next season (if there is one).
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 13:10
Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

End of May 

Really? From memory the clubs are told provisional dates in early June with fixtures confirmed in July…. Or has my memory failed me?

Given this was posted under 'clubhouse chat' I'm guessing it refers to level 3 and below. The Championship fixtures are usually a bit later and given the continuing uncertainty over the make-up of the 2nd tier, they're probably a little way off yet. Wasps' latest deadline is the end of May, according to yesterday's Times article...
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 13:14
There is a problem with the Cumberland clubs, there are not enough of them at this level to be a league of their own, and they are a long way from anywhere.

Either the East coast clubs have to travel cross-country, or the Lancastrian clubs have to head up the M6.

I do not know which is easier, but the Lancastrian clubs had been squeaking for a long time.
Geography
Sweeney Delenda Est
Neasham View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 13:41
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

There is a problem with the Cumberland clubs, there are not enough of them at this level to be a league of their own, and they are a long way from anywhere.

Either the East coast clubs have to travel cross-country, or the Lancastrian clubs have to head up the M6.

I do not know which is easier, but the Lancastrian clubs had been squeaking for a long time.
Geography

I wasn’t trying to suggest that travelling across country was a big issue. The lads like a day out and the Lakes is not a bad place to go. However, clubs have to find money to pay for a bus  and it’s approx £1k a trip. Of course, the Cumbrian clubs have to make twice as many cross country trips .
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 15:17
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

End of May 

Given this was posted under 'clubhouse chat' I'm guessing it refers to level 3 and below. The Championship fixtures are usually a bit later and given the continuing uncertainty over the make-up of the 2nd tier, they're probably a little way off yet. Wasps' latest deadline is the end of May, according to yesterday's Times article...
Has anyone kept a tally of how many 'deadlines' Wasps have had so far?
Our City,
Our Club
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 16:13
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

End of May 

Enough to make it clear as day to everyone that if you are one of the Premiership Old Boys Club members or (nearly) an RFU founder member, then they will bend over backwards to try and save you.
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 16:21
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

End of May 

Difficult to calculate - are you including the deadlines for paying back the bond?
Front Jumper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 09:43
So with the demise of Wasps and Worcester apparently sorted does it mean fixtures for 2023 - 2024 season will be issued shortly
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 11:18
Originally posted by Front Jumper Front Jumper wrote:

So with the demise of Wasps and Worcester apparently sorted does it mean fixtures for 2023 - 2024 season will be issued shortly

I would imagine they will wait for the London Irish saga to play out
RAID ON
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 11:44
Mid to late June chaps, no earlier I would guess. As such relax
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 13:27
Originally posted by Front Jumper Front Jumper wrote:

fixtures for levels 3/4? - don't know, but quite possibly...
Champ fixtures? - doubt it quite yet, as per CPK observation below...

Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Mid to late June chaps, no earlier I would guess. As such relax
Breakdown View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breakdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 12:38
NCA AGM tomorrow, is it not? You would have thought that some relevant issues might be raised there. I hear there could be news about promotion from Nat 1 to Champ at end of 23/24 season. And it might not be very welcome news.

Broken down. Beyond repair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic