National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > English Counties and County Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Yorkshire Cup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yorkshire Cup
    Posted: 14 May 2023 at 20:55
Middlesbrough, with an injury time try, beat Sandal to win the Yorkshire Cup today. 
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Neasham View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 09:48
Another feather in the cap of North East rugby 😀
Carlos the Tackle View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlos the Tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 10:43
It's hardly a presigious competition nowadays since most of the bigger clubs in the county opt to play weakened teams or withdraw altogether. 
However you were in it to win it. Congratulations. 

Neasham View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 11:07
Not my club but couldn’t resist the leg-pull
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 16:13
Originally posted by Neasham Neasham wrote:

Not my club but couldn’t resist the leg-pull
Sandal have been holders of the Yorkshire Cup since 2019
Middlesbrough used to be a Yorkshire team.
But hey they were in it and won it 
Congratulations Middlesbrough 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 18:50
Middlesborough is obviously in Yorkshire.

You do not reach the North until you cross the transporter bridge to Port Clarence.
And some would say you need to at least the Wear, if not the Tyne, before reaching true civilization.

Sweeney Delenda Est
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 18:56
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

You do not reach the North until you cross the transporter bridge to Port Clarence.
And some would say you need to at least the Wear, if not the Tyne, before reaching true civilization.
The 'Boro is in the historic North Riding.  That's good enough for most folk, me included.

My parents used to live round the corner from Acklam Park.  Yorkshire CCC used to send the 2nd XI round the county, and that was also one of their venues.  The Old brothers, Chris and Alan, would be horrified to hear that they're not from Yorkshire.

Edited by CJB1 - 15 May 2023 at 19:00
"What I need is a strong drink and a peer group"
Neasham View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 19:23
Originally posted by CJB1 CJB1 wrote:

Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

The 'Boro is in the historic North Riding.  That's good enough for most folk, me included.

My parents used to live round the corner from Acklam Park.  Yorkshire CCC used to send the 2nd XI round the county, and that was also one of their venues.  The Old brothers, Chris and Alan, would be horrified to hear that they're not from Yorkshire.
Acklam rugby club currently level 7 Durham and Northumberland (as opposed to level 7 Yorkshire One) although they have been level transferred into Yorkshire before. My old club Stockton firmly in Durham. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic