National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World Rugby: New international competition announc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

World Rugby: New international competition announc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 12:26
I read this bit from Steve's post yesterday:

"Reports say the format of the Champions Cup could be changed to make room in the calendar for the new event".

Then I read your interpretation:
"The new comp won't have an impact on player welfare/duration of season because the 'North v South' KO games will be instead of the Champions Cup KO stage for that season..."

tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 08:24
Well we have seen how travel arrangements have impacted the Champions cup this year.
Will that have an impact on this
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 08:52
Originally posted by Richard Lowther Richard Lowther wrote:

Originally posted by Paul10 Paul10 wrote:

Baxter mentions the extra travel costs but forgets the extra income from prize money (1/4 final must be more than last 16) and big home matches.

I've had a quick look for the figures but I can't find them. 

It's sillier than I thought.

The monies raised in the rest of the champions cup are shared equally between the 3 leagues (urc, prem top14). Prem share this prize equally amongst the 10.

Delamas View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 07:47
...so, will Quins and Saints both make a financial loss on their away semi-finals ?  (!)
SK 88 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SK 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 10:53
Yes that's been the case for the entirety of the European Cup in all its forms. 
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 13:22
Originally posted by SK 88 SK 88 wrote:

Yes that's been the case for the entirety of the European Cup in all its forms. 

To be fair English clubs hardly need to go to Europe to make a financial loss do they?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic