National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Round 7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 12:13
Replaying the match must be financially crippling for the Pirates.
If foul play ended the match prematurely by a home player rendering an opponent unconscious ,even accidentally I hasten to add allegedly through foul play,shouldn't there be scope for compensation of travel arrangements etc ?

Colin Richards
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 12:25
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

Looks like Jake Garside has been relegated for Archie McParland, which is a shame as he was really developing last year at scrum half and Blues fans loved him.

Garside might get summoned back to Franklin's Gardens depending on how their backline injuries develop.
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 13:30
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

.... I gather the abandonment was due to the lack of ambulance after the Pirates player was taking to hospital. I’m not sure what the requirements are for this, I would’ve thought clubs should be expected to be more prepared for this eventuality.

Difficult to see how a club could prepare for this situation. Should they have two ambulances on standby in case the first is required? Hardly practical is it?
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 13:50
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

.... I gather the abandonment was due to the lack of ambulance after the Pirates player was taking to hospital. I’m not sure what the requirements are for this, I would’ve thought clubs should be expected to be more prepared for this eventuality.

Difficult to see how a club could prepare for this situation. Should they have two ambulances on standby in case the first is required? Hardly practical is it?

Back in the day Knights were playing at Old Deer Park and we had at least two players, stretchered of and taken away in Ambulances, not at the same time.
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 13:50
Originally posted by Paul10 Paul10 wrote:

Looks like Jake Garside has been relegated for Archie McParland, which is a shame as he was really developing last year at scrum half and Blues fans loved him.

Garside might get summoned back to Franklin's Gardens depending on how their backline injuries develop.

It looks like Saints have converted Garside into a winger, so not sure we’ll see him at scrum half this season and he’ll likely be our wing cover. Saints have a host of injuries in the back 3 atm, so he may well get some prem games. I’m slightly concerned they’re going to come after French…
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 17:19

And a 3rd, just in case the first 2 are used?

Hardly practical.

As for Pirates being compensated for a second travel -suggest they take that up with the NHS
RAID ON
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 19:21
I am just surprised the number of ambulances that have to be taken out of action for sport. I saw that Pirates used to have a paramedics car but that's not good enough anymore.

I think as long as you have the necessary equipment, a doctor and paramedics all available within a few minutes that is a lot better than pretty much everyone else has in a workplace.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 20:32
Nottingham 19 should be banned by a long time with this premeditated shoulder to the head captured by a fan.

One of the Blues tries for a try of the week contender

islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 09:06
Shame that it takes an incident like this for the Champ to merit any press coverage in a UK national...

Not sure most DoRs or media managers would be super keen on an analyst talking to the press about something like this...

Edited by islander - 18 Dec 2023 at 09:06
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 13:22
On a lighter, more positive note, Ampthill's decision to provide free tickets purchased in advance for last Saturday's game against Caldy resulted in a crowd of nearly 1,300, and all tickets for the up and coming fixture with Bedford this Saturday have now been sold. I would absolutely love to be there. I think the ground capacity is 3,000 but I think the are allowing in less than that for health and safety purposes.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 13:37
There are insurance issues if a crowd is over 2000 and you need a crowd doctor.  
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 13:40
Originally posted by Cherub Cherub wrote:

On a lighter, more positive note, Ampthill's decision to provide free tickets purchased in advance for last Saturday's game against Caldy resulted in a crowd of nearly 1,300, and all tickets for the up and coming fixture with Bedford this Saturday have now been sold. I would absolutely love to be there. I think the ground capacity is 3,000 but I think the are allowing in less than that for health and safety purposes.

One possible Health and safety issue is people rolling down the steep hill on the side furthest from the club/woodland walk.

But nonetheless, well done Ampthill in getting a few punters in.

Edited by Paul10 - 18 Dec 2023 at 13:41
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 16:26

Nottingham 19 should be banned by a long time with this premeditated shoulder to the head captured by a fan.

Bit of a headline grabber statement that ‘premeditated’ - I wonder would you have posted it if it was a Blue doing the clear out? The guy does dip into it, just poorly executed, I don’t see premeditated malice in it though.
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 17:40
looking at video of the 19 hitting the other player  should be red  if you go on some of the decisions  at the recent world cup 
Greg View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 19:40
"It looks like Saints have converted Garside into a winger, so not sure we’ll see him at scrum half this season and he’ll likely be our wing cover. Saints have a host of injuries in the back 3 atm, so he may well get some prem games."
Garside is a nifty scrum half, capable of creating real mayhem, but is way to small to feature as a winger.
Yes, I know, Shane Williams etc can cut the mustard at the highest level but I thought that young Garside looked lost when he played on the wing for Bedford a few weeks ago.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 20:24
Originally posted by Paul10 Paul10 wrote:

[QUOTE=Cherub]On a lighter, more positive note, Ampthill's decision to provide free tickets purchased in advance for last Saturday's game against Caldy resulted in a crowd of nearly 1,300, and all tickets for the up and coming fixture with Bedford this Saturday have now been sold. I would absolutely love to be there. I think the ground capacity is 3,000 but I think the are allowing in less than that for health and safety purposes.

One possible Health and safety issue is people rolling down the steep hill on the side furthest from the club/woodland walk.

But nonetheless, well done Ampthill in getting a few punters in.

I thought you were taking about Goldington Rd when you mentioned " rolling down the hill the steep hill the side furthest from the club"
LOL
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 08:21
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Bit of a headline grabber statement that ‘premeditated’ - I wonder would you have posted it if it was a Blue doing the clear out? The guy does dip into it, just poorly executed, I don’t see premeditated malice in it though.

He knew exactly what he was doing, the Blues player didn’t move, it wasn’t like other reds card that can seem harsh and because of a size differential. He didn’t even need to try and clear out a player nowhere near the ball when the ruck was already lost. Also the referee seemed to be looking straight at it even more worryingly.
Cricks at 2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricks at 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 08:36
Originally posted by Greg Greg wrote:

"It looks like Saints have converted Garside into a winger, so not sure we’ll see him at scrum half this season and he’ll likely be our wing cover. Saints have a host of injuries in the back 3 atm, so he may well get some prem games."
Garside is a nifty scrum half, capable of creating real mayhem, but is way to small to feature as a winger.
Yes, I know, Shane Williams etc can cut the mustard at the highest level but I thought that young Garside looked lost when he played on the wing for Bedford a few weeks ago.
He did look a bit lost, but still managed to score.  Jake may be small but he is powerfully built and of course has that amazing burst of speed.  I think scrum half game is good, he can kick and passes the ball well.  I was expecting him to alternate with the classy Alex Day.  However Archie McParland is shaping up well and there is also ‘Jiffy’ Lennon as back up, so competition is high.
SK 88 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SK 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 11:41

Two ambulances is one of the many derided Minimum Standards for the Premiership, precisely because of situations like this.  A Cup semi final was delayed for 15 minutes at Leicester in 1992 because the medics &  ambulance was taking a fan to hospital following a heart attack & they had to wait for them to return.

I don't think adequate medical cover is particularly impractical for a sport where you are paying the players & accepting money from the spectators. 
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 13:23
Originally posted by SK 88 SK 88 wrote:

Two ambulances is one of the many derided Minimum Standards for the Premiership, precisely because of situations like this.  A Cup semi final was delayed for 15 minutes at Leicester in 1992 because the medics &  ambulance was taking a fan to hospital following a heart attack & they had to wait for them to return.

I don't think adequate medical cover is particularly impractical for a sport where you are paying the players & accepting money from the spectators. 

So according to your logic every club where players are paid and spectators pay money should have a minimum of two ambulances like the Premiership.

Sorry as I said before it's hardly practical is it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic