National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Top and Bottom .. hows it looking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top and Bottom .. hows it looking
    Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 14:17
So all a bit tight at both ends of this table.. which is why its such a great league .. please don't f@*k it up Sweeney 

Who wins it an for whom will the bell toll??

FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 14:29
Originally posted by Scrumtime Scrumtime wrote:

So all a bit tight at both ends of this table.. which is why its such a great league .. please don't f@*k it up Sweeney 

Who wins it an for whom will the bell toll??

Don't be too keen to get to The Championship!! There is a huge imbalance in funding
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 14:45
I cannot see Sale FC going down, I think they will get reinforced.
Taunton just need a defence coach - 11 try bonus points and only three wins.
The lions are not out of it yet.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 14:48
Two way shoot out at the top- Chinnor or Rams.. will Rams fall at the final hurdle again.
Ill say Rams nick it, but by the width of a fag paper 

Bottom 3

Gosh anything can happen..  Id say Taunton, Lions and one from Stortford, Blackheath or Cinderford.

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 15:11
Remember, Jersey went bust, so it is only two down.
Sweeney Delenda Est
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 17:36
Is it?  Or is it three down and four up?  I'm not sure that we've had a definitive statement on that.
"What I need is a strong drink and a peer group"
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 18:01
ATM 1 up 2 down
So many Christians not enough Lions
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 18:24
With no-one down from Champ and three up from Nat 2.

It mirrors what happened when Welsh disappeared. 
Cambridge being the benificiary on that occassion.
Sweeney Delenda Est
sedgley dave View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedgley dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 00:32
Already it's looking like a straight shoot-out, Leeds or Rotherham up from the North, and likewise Esher or Dorking from the East.

In the West it is a bit less clear cut, with Luctonians leading Dings and Camborne, currently.

Lucs are a bit of a surprise, to me. They were generally not as high as that when they were 'North'. Have they benefited from the problems at Worcester and Stourbridge, I wonder? Or just another club lifting itself through hard work and good management? They always had a great reputation for hospitality.
Bin Licker View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bin Licker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 10:06
Lucs are a very well run club and i know others in West Mids aspire to emulate their model. It is the centre of the community and apart from some very nice countryside not a lot else there. Dont think they have benefitted too much from Worcester problems.
See they have wobbled last two weeks so maybe they dont fancy going up.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 11:17
I would have thought for Lucs, the travel in National 1 would not be much more onerous than it is now. Although there are three trips to London, you do not go South West of Plymouth
Sweeney Delenda Est
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 13:44
It has been a great first half of the season. I think Chinnor or Rams are favourites to take top spot, although Albion might have something to say about that! 

At Rams' pre Xmas derby at Chinnor, their post match DJ was playing Queen's 'We are the Champions' after the final whistle. A little premature in mid-December with 4 months to go til seasons end, but who doesn't like a healthy rivalry!

At the bottom, I genuinely wouldn't be able to call it! Looking forward to Sedgley Park's first ever visit to OBR (I believe) on Saturday, it's felt like a long Xmas break.

Edited by Se7en - 11 Jan 2024 at 16:42
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 13:48
Some games are already starting to look like cup finals for some teams, it's a tough old league that's for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic