National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Six Nations 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moseley Mauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 09:16
Originally posted by FHLH FHLH wrote:

Technical question for referees:

Do substitutes in the dead ball area count towards only 15 players on the pitch. Is the key "dead ball area" or "substitute"?
(19 on pitch for Beirne's try)

Law 3 says 15 on field of play which includes the In Play area
It drives me mad...
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 12:05
Hard to look past Ireland lifting the trophy after that performance last night.

Even if you took away the red, France were never really in the game.

Ireland were far from perfect but I think they have enough to go all the way again.
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 14:15
Warren Gatland makes seven Wales changes to face England

Wales team to face England: Winnett; Dyer, North, Tompkins, Adams; Lloyd, Williams; G Thomas, Dee, Assiratti, Jenkins (capt), Beard, Mann, Reffell, Wainwright.

Replacements: Elias, Domachowski, Griffin, Rowlands, Basham, Hardy, Evans, Grady.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 14:03
England starting XV unchanged for Wales game at Twickenham

England: Steward; Freeman, Slade, Dingwall, Daly; Ford, Mitchell; Marler, George (capt), Stuart, Itoje, Chessum, Roots, Underhill, Earl.

Replacements: Dan, Genge, Cole, Coles, Cunningham-South, Care, F Smith, Feyi-Waboso
Guinness John View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guinness John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 17:12
While I see the reason behind the unchanged selection for the Wales game I would have preferred a little more power  and a touch more flair.
My offers  Feyi-Waboso for Daly, Cunningham-South for Underhill and Smith for Ford. This is assuming the first two can play either side. Any other suggestions / views ?
Bedford Blues Supporter of the Year 2010 - 2011
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 18:08
This country must have a winger that is better than Daly.

The obvious answer would be that the RFU ditch the overseas rule and allow Borthwick to give Arundell a game.
All Knwoing All Seeing
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 18:19
Do any other nations prevent players who play overseas from playing internationally. It seems so out of date. 
Cauliflower ear.
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 18:46
France, Ireland, NZ do.

Wales try.

Australia try.

Japan Try.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 19:14
Jamie Ritchie dropped as Rory Darge returns for Scotland against France

Scotland: Rowe; Steyn, H Jones, Tuipulotu, Van der Merwe; Russell (co-capt), White; Schoeman, Turner, Z Fagerson, Gilchrist, Cummings, M Fagerson, Darge (co-capt), Dempsey.

Replacements: Ashman, Hepburn, Millar-Mills, Skinner, Christie, G Horne, Healy, Redpath.

France: Ramos, Penaud, Fickou, Danty, Bielle-Biarrey, Jailbert, Lucu; Baille Mauvaka, Antonio, Woki, Gabrillagues, Cros, Ollivon, Alldritt (capt).

Replacements: Marchand, Taofifenua, Aldegheri, Tuilagi, Roumat, Boudehent, Le Garrec, Moefana.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 16:11
Stuart McCloskey starts as Caelan Doris captains Ireland against Italy

Ireland: Keenan; Nash, Henshaw, McCloskey, Lowe; Crowley, Casey; Porter, Sheehan, Bealham, McCarthy, Ryan, Baird, Doris, Conan.

Replacements: Kelleher, Loughman, O'Toole, Henderson, Van der Flier, Gibson-Park, Byrne, Larmour.

Italy: Capuozzo; Pani, Brex, Menoncello, Ioane; P Garbisi, Varney; Fischetti, Lucchesi, Ceccarelli, N Cannone, Ruzza, Izekor, Zuliani, Lamaro (capt).

Replacements: Nicotera, Spagnolo, Zilocchi, Zambonin, Vintcent, Page-Relo, Allan, Mori.
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 16:55
Originally posted by kingsheathlad kingsheathlad wrote:

Do any other nations prevent players who play overseas from playing internationally. It seems so out of date. 

Restrictions applied by the powers that be in world rugby as to when the international window is open for when players are to be made available for their international teams. England pay PRL for additional time outside of this window before the games to allow for additional training, so players from outside of England do not have to be released out side of the international window. French clubs for example don't let English clubs away from their clubs until they have to, so England chose not to select said players who are not available. The other side of the coin is that players who stay in England are rewarded for doing so with caps that might have gone to those who take the euro, so the players were also behind driving this rule.
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 21:16
Ireland U20. Double Grand Slam champions and winners against France last weekend only beat Italy by one point tonight. The Italians are getting better but just can’t get over the line. Let’s see what Sunday brings.

Edited by tulip - 09 Feb 2024 at 21:18
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 08:18
One of my favourite rugby facts is that the man who helped build the Ireland development system was later head hunted by Italy to set up theirs.

Stephen Aboud essentially took the Dublin private schools system and replicated it in the rugby parts of Italy.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 12:34
Originally posted by tulip tulip wrote:

Ireland U20. Double Grand Slam champions and winners against France last weekend only beat Italy by one point tonight. The Italians are getting better but just can’t get over the line. Let’s see what Sunday brings.

Last night the Italian scrum was magnificent and had the Irish pack in desperate straits for most of the match.  Italy well deserved their half time lead and were unlucky not to close the match out and take the victory.

It was a poor performance from Ireland who looked like they were expecting an easier time following their previous match against France.  A deserved wake-up call to the boys in green if they have serious aspirations about achieving another Grand Slam.

Hopefully over the next few years we'll see members of this young Italian pack step up to their senior team and make the Azzurri a more formidable and fearsome opponent.
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 18:41
Squeaky in Twickenham 
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 18:59
Originally posted by Carlos the Tackle Carlos the Tackle wrote:

All this speculation of who is good or not for the England squad is basically opinion.
My opinion is who is bothered.
Total boring .. let's see how far I can kick it before it's returned and lets see if i can kick it further when i kick it back.
I know ... let's play to see if we can't lose before let's see if we can win .
Forget it boys .. you are hoodwinked every season.
Watch national league rugby.
It's entertaining and costs 10% of watching sh**e

CTT 

I have to say, I totally agree with you. This seasons six nations (it’s been journey downward for sometime)  is turning into one of most insipid, negative and uninteresting contests of all time. It’s awful. 

I’m with you (CTT) give me league rugby any day of the week. 

All the best 

ST

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 10 Feb 2024 at 19:32
Give him one with handles on
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 19:33
thought ben youngs was sh te   but mitchell is just as bad  always kicking the ball away  
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 20:32
If you were getting £20k plus per game and the coach told you to kick the ball all the time, what would you do?
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 09:33
Originally posted by carlos fandango carlos fandango wrote:

If you were getting £20k plus per game and the coach told you to kick the ball all the time, what would you do?

Correct 
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 12:15
Originally posted by greenpower greenpower wrote:

thought ben youngs was sh te   but mitchell is just as bad  always kicking the ball away  

I doubt Mitchell is kicking it away by choice. Borthwick has much to answer for.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic