National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Six Nations 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 16:22
Never been happier for Italy - they have had strong showings in the under 20’s for a few years it had to come. Wales for the wooden spoon now. 
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
PropDad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 16:43
Lovely try from debutant Luigi Lynarri πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
PropDad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 16:44
X

Edited by PropDad - 09 Mar 2024 at 16:46
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 17:45
Great result today for Italy. 
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 18:36
Originally posted by Deva Delinquent Deva Delinquent wrote:

Great result today for Italy. 

And for England 23-22

Edited by FHLH - 09 Mar 2024 at 18:36
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
rugbyenthuser View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rugbyenthuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 18:36
Swing low πŸ‘πŸ˜‚
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 18:37
A sweat result 
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 18:40
Two great games and two well taken wins
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 18:51
Originally posted by rugbyenthuser rugbyenthuser wrote:

Swing low πŸ‘πŸ˜‚

Don't start that again..LOL
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 19:18
[QUOTE=tulip]tigerburnie I’m Irish. But I think it will be a good match. I think England are slowly getting there. George Ford can drop goals from 35 metres out. I don’t know why teams don’t do this It’s a free penalty. Ireland do have a fantastic bench to come on for last half hour which may make the difference  [/

Well there you go an Irish man telling England how to win close games 
Well done England you are back 
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 20:15
What a brilliantly contested match - England just beat a very good rugby team.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Guinness John View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guinness John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 22:21
The desire, physicality, and no little  bit of skill was back against a really class side. Would love to have heard the "conversation " in the tunnel at half time though. Roll on next week.
Bedford Blues Supporter of the Year 2010 - 2011
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 10:08
Two fantastic games yesterday, especially for the neutrals.

Fingers crossed for more of the same today. It could honestly go either way. 
Nat1 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 11:41
You're right that was a great day of rugby. I certainly didn't give England (or Italy) a chance and they proved me wrong, fair play to both.

It's one reason the 6 Nations is such a great competition. After a few lacklustre games, it always delivers at some point, with any side able to beat another on their day...a bit like Nat 1 really.
Moseley Mauler View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moseley Mauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 09:27
Interesting how Luke Pearce refereed the scrum on Sunday.  It prevented France playing for penalties which I am all for.  Just tell them to use it and get on with the game.  But it will need consistency across the board....
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 09:39
Originally posted by Moseley Mauler Moseley Mauler wrote:

Interesting how Luke Pearce refereed the scrum on Sunday.  It prevented France playing for penalties which I am all for.  Just tell them to use it and get on with the game.  But it will need consistency across the board....

Interesting how he didn't ref the feed though, something that the powers that be just ignore 
Ghanian Eagle View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghanian Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 09:53
I cannot remember the last time I actually enjoyed watching a replay of an English match. 
Fingers crossed its not another 3 yrs.
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 10:18
Originally posted by KnightsBoy KnightsBoy wrote:

Originally posted by Moseley Mauler Moseley Mauler wrote:

Interesting how he didn't ref the feed though, something that the powers that be just ignore 

That's normal and has been for years.
He is 1 of the few refs who tells teams to use the ball once they've won the scrum.

Sadly, Wales just don't have the team to take on the top teams right now.
Hopefully in a year or 2...
French Connection View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French Connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 14:39
Isn't anyone else mildly concerned about referees deciding how a team should play when they are completely within the law? Isn't the referee's job to enforce the laws as they stand and nothing more? That's not to say that I am not in favour of ending endless scrum resets and teams winning the World Cup on the back of a few dubious scrum penalties - but the correct way to do that is by World Rugby making some law changes.
Crooked feeds plus the scrummage being no more than a way to restart the game as quickly as possible....isn't there another game that decided to do that a long time ago? 
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 15:33
I’m quite sure that the law states that once the ball is at the No8 feet it must be played unless moving forward. So I’m fairly sure had France been moving he would not have told them to play away 
So many Christians not enough Lions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic