National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Round 9 Latest score 13 January 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Doncaster Knights

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knightandday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 19:33
Originally posted by Elijah Cadman Elijah Cadman wrote:

Originally posted by A. Gorilla A. Gorilla wrote:

Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Ealing 54 BP -Caldy 28 (BP) - Ealing brought on the subs, but then an injury to Uzokwe left them a man down for the ladt ten, which Caldy capitalized on to get the BP. FT

Are you not allowed to use a reverse substitution (eg bring back on one of your starting XV) in the case of an injury after the bench has been emptied, to prevent being a man down for the remainder?

No. Only if blood or HIA I believe.

I think front row can come back on if they were tactical substitutes to prevent uncontested scrums. So injury substitution front row can’t come back on but tactically substituted can. 

Edited by knightandday - 13 Jan 2024 at 19:35
Winning isn't everything, it just makes the beer taste better
A. Gorilla View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A. Gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 19:42
I see, thanks for clarifying.
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 19:56
With 5 players promoted from the 2nd team Caldy did well to grab a 4 try bonus point at Vallis Way against a terrifically strong Ealing. High scoring game but not a cricket score
''The future isn't what it used to be''
A. Gorilla View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A. Gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 20:25
Yes a couple of soft ones let in at the end whilst a man down from what I gather. Maybe more of a very low scoring T20 or ODI cricket score and an improvement on the hiding they got at TFSC last season to be fair.
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 21:36
Random question for Doncaster fans. Is the pitch at Castle Park 4G? I was considering coming to the Bedford game next week but looking at the forecast can see it’s due to go below freezing every night next week so wasn’t sure if there was any risk of a frozen pitch and a repeat of Caldy away. I haven’t been in about 10 years, but have in my head they may have got a 4G pitch since then?
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
knightandday View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Doncaster Knights

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knightandday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 21:48
No, it’s not 4g. Usually covered with pretty effective frost covers. 
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 13:54
We have a hybrid pitch of sorts, a mesh beneath the grass that prevents tearing up. But as K&D said we have very effective frost sheets.
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 14:25
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

Random question for Doncaster fans. Is the pitch at Castle Park 4G? I was considering coming to the Bedford game next week but looking at the forecast can see it’s due to go below freezing every night next week so wasn’t sure if there was any risk of a frozen pitch and a repeat of Caldy away. I haven’t been in about 10 years, but have in my head they may have got a 4G pitch since then?

Sunny intervals and a balmy 5 degrees is the latest forecast, I would expect the covers to be on if temperature drops sharply 
L33 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 14:54

No such thing as a 4G, it's 3G
knightandday View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Doncaster Knights

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knightandday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 15:01
Originally posted by L33 L33 wrote:

Nah, we’ve had the transmitter upgrade 😉
L33 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 15:39
Originally posted by knightandday knightandday wrote:

Nah, we’ve had the transmitter upgrade 😉

Must be 2G then! 
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 17:02

There are 4G pitches, they haven't been passed for use by certain sports authorities 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic